Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI for Wii?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outlander2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not very likely future Suikodens will me made for the Nintendo Wii.

I prefer any Suikoden Game for the Playstation 3 or XBox 360.

Representing Kamaro and the Northern Outlands.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Outlander2 wrote:

Well, its pretty much certain that it won't be for the 360, as there are absoloutely no signs whatsoever that that is the case.

Quote:
Was'nt there someone from Konami tha said that they were looking at the graphical capabilites of the PS3 in regards to the Suikoden series? I forgot who it was that said that.

Can anyone confirm this?

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Outlander2 wrote:

Well, in the 90s, you never would have guessed that Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest would appear on a non-Nintendo platform... Square even had a Final Fantasy tech demo for Nintendo 64. There's no guarantee of a series staying on any platform, unless it's a first party game, and Suikoden isn't.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

personally, i'd prefer that suikoden VI appeared on the wii, as i already have mine reserved. it would be rather convenient if i didn't have to buy a playstation 3.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind so much it being on the Wii if it was possible to transfer your data from Suikoden III, or V to VI.

Although, the Ironic part is the past two suikodens haven't been transfer conpatable there is a good chance the next one won't either.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eww, that's a good point. That would certainly be a drawback... not to mention that they would have to join a totally new crowd of gamers while its continuity is what makes the series so lovable.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Eww, that's a good point. That would certainly be a drawback... not to mention that they would have to join a totally new crowd of gamers while its continuity is what makes the series so lovable.

Yeah, and then theres that.

I think the only good thing that would come out of letting Suikoden VI being on the Wii is a chance that some charaters would be in the next Smash Bros.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
Yvl wrote:

Yeah, and then theres that.

I think the only good thing that would come out of letting Suikoden VI being on the Wii is a chance that some charaters would be in the next Smash Bros.

I just now said to Jorge:

OMG, could you imagine Georg Prime, Killer and Double Strike rune and all, in a Super Smash Bros? *types*

Oh yeah, try to Tiger Woods Swing Georg Prme all you want to, he's taking you out like yesterday's trash, baby. And of course, he'd be dead sexy doing it, of course.

Me myself, in a perfect world, I'd see Suikoden VI on a ps2 platform - I don't feel like saving up money for a ps3 just for my one game [especially since ff12 is coming out for ps2.]

What's a girl to do, right?

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
I wouldn't mind so much it being on the Wii if it was possible to transfer your data from Suikoden III, or V to VI.

Although, the Ironic part is the past two suikodens haven't been transfer conpatable there is a good chance the next one won't either.

Indeed. PS3 doesn't support PS2 or PS1 memory cards either, not without a separately sold adapter, and many people aren't going to own those. So whatever the platform, it's very likely that there will be no transferring of saves.

Yvl wrote:
they would have to join a totally new crowd of gamers while its continuity is what makes the series so lovable.

Not necessarily. A lot of people who have a PS2 are getting a Wii and not a PS3. If they made it on PS3, they would also lose a lot of the old crowd. This isn't such a simple generation change that PS1 --> PS2 was.

Besides, the "new crowd" wasn't a problem when Konami extended Suikoden releases to Saturn, PC, GBA, a manga, and a collectible card game. It's obvious Konami wants to expand the series to new people as well. That's why all the Suikoden installments can be enjoyed without any knowledge of previous games, even though there are many references and general continuity.

Many people have been saying that they want Suikoden VI for Wii. Others have been saying that they will buy a PS3 if Suikoden VI comes to that. Doesn't that mean that if Suikoden VI comes to Wii, a lot of the Suikoden fans will follow? I think Konami knows this, and this is why they're being secretive. It would be interesting to know how the Japanese Suikoden fanbase feels about this.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. PS3 does support PS2 and PS1 memory . even there is a card reader announce for transfer PS2 data to PS3. Well I notice that Suikoden will come out in most popular console, why ? Because Suikoden is a fan-based game not a mainstream one like Xenosaga. Second is Suikoden is not graphic satisfying game, so it can be come out in any console, even the console has the "worst" graphic between the Console - war..... I Think that is why the console has not been annouce yet because they want to see the most popular console in the next gen console....
My prediction is in 2008 it will come out because the war first conclusion will be at the 2007 chrismast session.... hehehe that is just my prediction.... so it can go wrong or true....
But if you ask me, I prefer Suikoden would come out in PS3, i would like to see better graphic for Suikoden, at least once .... :D
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe wrote:
Me myself, in a perfect world, I'd see Suikoden VI on a ps2 platform - I don't feel like saving up money for a ps3 just for my one game [especially since ff12 is coming out for ps2.]

I don't think this is completely outside the realm of possibility, especially considering how long the PSone was supported even after the PS2 launched. So there's definitely a precedent. FFXII is already a late arrival for us; Persona 3 won't hit our shores until February of next year! Also, Konami isn't above reusing their graphics engines and other nuts and bolts when they deem it necessary (Suikoden I & II; the PS2 Silent Hills & Suikoden IV, etc.) and I doubt many of us would complain if a PS2 Suikoden VI were to reuse Suikoden V's innards. So the real question to me is, "would they do it?"

I wouldn't mind a Wii release either, mostly because not even a Suikoden game can justify a PS3 purchase at this moment. Hell, it would probably take an entry from all of my biggest gaming interests to do that. 'sides, if the Wii is supposedly an improved Gamecube in terms of power, that still makes it a step above the PS2, so it's not like we'll be taking a hit anywhere. So what if our faces aren't melted off by White Knight-esque fireworks?
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Delsaber wrote:
Geddoe wrote:

I don't think this is completely outside the realm of possibility, especially considering how long the PSone was supported even after the PS2 launched. So there's definitely a precedent. FFXII is already a late arrival for us; Persona 3 won't hit our shores until February of next year! Also, Konami isn't above reusing their graphics engines and other nuts and bolts when they deem it necessary (Suikoden I & II; the PS2 Silent Hills & Suikoden IV, etc.) and I doubt many of us would complain if a PS2 Suikoden VI were to reuse Suikoden V's innards. So the real question to me is, "would they do it?"

I wouldn't mind a Wii release either, mostly because not even a Suikoden game can justify a PS3 purchase at this moment. Hell, it would probably take an entry from all of my biggest gaming interests to do that. 'sides, if the Wii is supposedly an improved Gamecube in terms of power, that still makes it a step above the PS2, so it's not like we'll be taking a hit anywhere. So what if our faces aren't melted off by White Knight-esque fireworks?

I do believe I read somewhere that Suikoden V was going to be the final one for the PS2, so it's completely outside the realm of possibility. If I have to track down wherever I read that, I suppose I would, but others can do their own legwork too.

I still think the PS3 will be the best choice for Suikoden. I'm still planning on buying one regardless, but I'd prefer if everything I wanted was on one system.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My problem with Suikoden being on Wii, is this could be a repeat of Resident Evil/biohazard.
When Resident Evil was announced to be exclusively for Nintendo, the people who had PS2 for Code Veronica, were enraged about the move. There were a lot of debates of which system was better, and arguements about the target audience for each platform.
However, after some years on gamecube, capcom realized they were alienating the veteran players who have a PS2, and are RE fans. So they decided to go against the director's wishes, and make a version for PS2. They are already having a demo for the next Resident Evil game on PS3. So to me, this kind of indicates they still feel the fans lean more towards the PlayStation systems, then the Nintendo ones. Although it's interesting capcom is considering the 360 for their kind of audience.
Although the Wii will be cheaper, we don't really know how the sales will turn out. Also, I betting most people will be waiting for the PS3 to drop in price before buying.
For me, I'm getting the Wii no matter what, so I don't mind it if it is on Wii. However, there maybe some people who only want the Wii for the Nintendo games. If they place it on the Wii, I think there will be some people who will be mad about it. There will also be some who will not want to buy the Wii just for Suikoden. Just like some won't buy PS3, just for Metal Gear Solid. Also, they will have to risk buying the system, either way, just to see for themselves if they like the game.

In any case, I see Suikoden better suited for the PS3. Not to say the Wii would be a bad choice either, but the general audience who would want RPG kind of games, would go to PS3.
One reason maybe due to Final Fantasy, or square in particular, giving their higher selling games to Sony. Considering FF is an rpg, more people who like rpgs would lean more towards the PS3, just to try to play the new FF games. Then once they beat FF13, they will go looking for other games similar to FF. These would be other RPGs. Grandia, Disgaea, .Hack, Wild Arms, and of course Suikoden.
Another reason maybe, is the Wii doesn't really offer many other games the person would want. So if the majority of the other games are on the other system, it would make the person want to get the other system more. So if a majority of the games are on PS3, then there will be more people wanting to buy it.
Another reason, the controller and systems themselves. Some actually don't think much of the Wii controller, and would prefer having the PS3 controller.

Now, the price for the PS3 has been mentioned, but the majority people I know are willing to buy it despite the price. Even though us Canadians will most likely be paying maybe $800, or something. Someone told me that back in the day, Atari costed around $600. So it's not the first time a system costed this much. I also believe the price will go down eventually. The PS2 was around $500 cdn, or $400 US, back in the day. Now, it's almost $200. So it's not impossible for the price to go down.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:
One reason maybe due to Final Fantasy, or square in particular, giving their higher selling games to Sony. Considering FF is an rpg, more people who like rpgs would lean more towards the PS3, just to try to play the new FF games.

Even that is not so simple anymore. Square Enix still has the rights to the Final Fantasy name, but they've lost the original producers. Hironobu Sakaguchi and his crew, including Nobuo Uematsu, are developing RPGs for Xbox 360, and the previously mentioned Yasumi Matsuno is developing a Wii RPG. The question is, will people follow the brand name, or the people who created the brand? And when you're talking about RPGs, don't forget that Wii is getting a Dragon Quest game, which is a very big system mover in Japan, even bigger than Final Fantasy. Also, the Suikoden series has previously been on the same platform as Dragon Quest - PS1 and PS2. If, after DQ Swords, Dragon Quest IX is announced for Wii, as has been rumored for some time now, that would have a very big sway on what will become the next big RPG platform.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I have to say the Wii is by far the best next-generation console. Even if Suikoden VI doesn't use all the features it doesn't matter. Suikoden isn't about the all these graphics of the PS3 (not to mention the prices) and hopefully will never be on the loud 360. Suikoden will be far better for the stradegy battles! Just imagine. For most the mini-games the programming is already done: fishing, cooking, word games, etc.

For all those that think that Suikoden VI would be bad on the Wii probably don't understand the great features of the Wii. ALSO THERE IS NO VIBRATION FEATURE ON THE PS3!! I mean come on!

as Sami said
Quote:

don't forget that Wii is getting a Dragon Quest game, which is a very big system mover in Japan, even bigger than Final Fantasy

The PS3 will most likely run Sony into the ground. They're losting titles to the Wii and most developers want to design games for the Wii. I forget the exact number but I think it is about 65% of developers have said they want to make games for the Wii. Let's face it lots of the features the Wii has the PS3 has tried to make up for but in turn has just become a lesser version of the Wii (download old games, motion sensors, portable console additions, etc.).

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: