Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

-SPOILER- on characters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: -SPOILER- on characters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, how are you?

-spoiler-

One thing I really like in video games are returning characters. Of what I've heard, there are only 4. Is there any possibility there could have been others that were just not mentioned on the net? That kind of stinks if there isn't.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can actually only think of three at the moment. Oh wait if you count Leknaat I guess that would be four.

As for others not mentioned on the net I'm going to have to say no there is no other possibility.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The small number of returning characters makes sense with this installment, considering the vast majority of characters introduced in the first three games would not even be born at the time of Suikoden IV. I think Geddoe may have been the oldest Star of Destiny introduced (due to the True Lightning Rune) but even he is too young to have been alive during the current game. There is, of course, Yuber and (possibly) Pesmerga, but if neither had anything to do with the events in the Island Nations, it doesn't really make sense to include them.

However, I guess they could have placed Pesmerga at the end of the cave on the Deserted Island, or somewhere within the cave which leads to Warlock's lab.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Joshua was alive too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sierra Mikain is also the oldest existing person to date.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

None of whom would have made a good addition to the game, honestly. Unless, of course, they added a whole extra plotline to the game - which, I suppose, I wouldn't've been opposed to. As it stands, they are unnecessary, really.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only person that is new to Suikoden that I could see returning is the Hero. I know this will seem odd, but I had a dream that in the sequel (Suikoden V) you could talk to ghosts of people from Suikoden IV (and you could bring 1 or 2 back to life-I chose Kate...). I remeber seeing a great tree and the guide (in my dream) saying that you could talk to Glen and Snowe there, and at this building you could talk to Elenor. Of course, this might have to do with the fact that I was playing Growlanser 3 during the time of the dream (you could talk to ghosts in that game...)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I had forgotten all about Sierra. It will be interesting to see how many recurring characters there will be in Suikoden V; though Jeane, Viki and Leknaat are virtual guarantees. If Suikoden V takes place within a similar timeframe, I could imagine a fair amount of Suikoden IV characters could make appearances, either as Stars once again, or brief cameos like Gremio, Cleo and Pahn in Suikoden II.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... that would be interesting if they did do that in suikoden 5.

Of what I heard, there were actually about 20 characters that could had been in this game. I was thinking Raura and Necklord were going to be in it.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are many other characters alive at the time of 1050 years prior to Suikoden 1. But most should have nothing to do with the Island nations, thus them appearing don't really make sense. Ted's appearance could be explained since he was supposed to have been roaming the world for 300 years.

As for Suikode 5. Frankly, i'd rather they return to the present time frame and tie up the loose ends from S3. I'd rather they quit installing wars in history tha weren't recorded. I can still accept S4 since it actually tells us how the island nations became a federation...
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
There are many other characters alive at the time of 1050 years prior to Suikoden 1. But most should have nothing to do with the Island nations, thus them appearing don't really make sense. Ted's appearance could be explained since he was supposed to have been roaming the world for 300 years.

Neclord seems to be on the move often, which could land him in the Island Nations looking for some brides, and that would be reason enough for them to bring Sierra Mikain into the mix. And because Ted's there using the Soul Eater quite openly, they could easily explain a Windy appearance. Yuber's always anywhere and everywhere, so they wouldn't need to give some elaborate reason for him being there, and if Pesmerga's as old as Yuber, the same would go for him.

The only two guys I can think of who would have absolutely no reason for being there would be Joshua and Hikusaak.

Quote:
I'd rather they quit installing wars in history tha weren't recorded. I can still accept S4 since it actually tells us how the island nations became a federation...

No company writes the entire world history of an RPG right off the bat. The only one I can think of would be the Xenogears, but even that was a little vague.

There are going to be significant events and wars that haven't been mentioned yet, since the Suikoden world is, quite frankly, a work in progress.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And I -still- maintain that people wouldn't care about wars so far away over a hundred years ago. Scholars might know of it, but it wouldn't effect the majority of the characters in the game in ANY way shape or form, and thus why does it matter? If there's a major war in Falena next, a couple years after GSIV, how would this affect the modern timeline? Not at all. The few we've seen in I~III who know much of Falena at all - such as those few who were actually there - wouldn't've had any reason to care about wars so long ago.
GrosserFluss

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was really hoping for a Neclord appearance in this game, I missed him being around in Suikoden III. And it would have been cool if Sierra was tracking him and you could get her.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno, the Island Nations are too... sunny for him. Yeah, he can be out by day, but it just seems... wrong to see him on a tropical island somewhere, you know?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you implying that vampires can't have fun in the sun, too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: