Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viktor???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there always going to recycle characters look at every shop keeper, every blacksmith. and so on vikor probly had someone who closely resebled him.

*edited for pointless comment*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I acn see some similarities between Viktor and Tal, but I hadn't thought about it until now. They look somewhat the same, but not very similar.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm Victor and Tal being related, i think i remember seeing this on the Suikosource forums.

I doubt it because Victor is from North Window which is kinda far away but if you take in consideration that Tal became a fisherman one of his ancesters could of immigrated to the City-States of Jowston and settled in North Window, it is a place for fishing. And also Tal and Victor are both very strong people.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So that's the theory?

They're both strong and have the ability to travel?

I mean that's so weak as to be just plain non-sense. Fu Su Lu could be an ancestor too with this logic, he's pretty strong. And Oulan. And, hell, even Pesmerga or George Prime or Teo McDohl or any one of countless people encountered throughout the games.

There's no logical reason to believe this at all, in my view. I'm not trying to be insulting, but I really feel the need to try and shoot this one down before it grows for no reason.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
So that's the theory?

They're both strong and have the ability to travel?

I mean that's so weak as to be just plain non-sense. Fu Su Lu could be an ancestor too with this logic, he's pretty strong. And Oulan. And, hell, even Pesmerga or George Prime or Teo McDohl or any one of countless people encountered throughout the games.

There's no logical reason to believe this at all, in my view. I'm not trying to be insulting, but I really feel the need to try and shoot this one down before it grows for no reason.

Um did you read the rest of my post?

I didnt just put in they could travel and they are both strong read it again:

Quote:
I doubt it because Victor is from North Window which is kinda far away but if you take in consideration that Tal became a fisherman one of his ancesters could of immigrated to the City-States of Jowston and settled in North Window, it is a place for fishing. And also Tal and Victor are both very strong people.

it says one of Victors ancesters could of immigrated to The City-States of Jowston and lived right on the Lake so he could fish, i admit it isnt very strong but its all i got.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that's why I added my list of other possible Tal descendants. Maybe one of Teo's ancestors emigrated from the Island Nations to Toran. Or Pesmerga's ancestors went to wherever the heck he comes from or maybe one of Tal's descendants was taken as a slave by Falena, became a gladiator, broke free, had children and one of those descendants became Georg Prime.

The point I'm making is that you can string along any two characters together with theories like that. It simply isn't very constructive.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to go of on a tangent involving Vicktor. In Suikoden I he takes the name Schlotenheim(sp) Reinbach(sp) III/IV (you can tell I really haven't researched this). Maybe Vicktor was going back in his past to a member of his family,
very very far back(you know who), and maybe this person's children ecided to join the Gaien Knights for some reason. We get Vicktor down the line and voila it all makes absolutely no sense.

(This is just my way of showing that anything could happen based on purely circumstancial evidence.)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure, but based on other evidence in the game it seems more likely that Viktor took the name Scholtenheim Reinbach III from the famous novel "The Rose Swordsman" an epic tale of a mighty nobel hero, Scholtenheim Reinbach III. This great work of literature was written by one Micky, servant-boy of... Scholtenheim Reinbach III!

Seems to fit together rather well, I feel.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes. That is a great possibility. I'm sure Vicktor was a patron of the great literature's in the suikoden world.
I wonder If Konami will publish Vicktor's family tree?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's hardly great literature. It's a story about a guy who smacked everyone upside the head with a sword. Besides, before the whole Neclord/North Window thing, Viktor was not the beefy swordsman he is today. So, there's no reason why a younger, thinner Viktor wouldn't enjoy a book about a great swordsman defeating giant sea-monsters and destroying armies.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That actually makes weird sense to me. A nerdy Vicktor. The book would have been 125 years old roughly when viktor was young, and I wonder how many copies of the book would have been published as far as North window. Maybe Micky gave one to Scholtenheim Reinbach III as a gift and it was passed along the family, up until Vicktor. Which just proves me right in some strange way.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Objects of interest and importance can easily spread, so if the book caught on with the general populace for its tales of heroism and exciting battles then there's no reason why copies of it soon weren't made for other areas.

A good example in Suikoden IV of goods spreading far and wide are the multiple bottles of 'Highland Keep' in Colton's room on the "merchant" ship.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good point. I wonder how many cheap followups were made by people who wanted to cash in on the craze and wrote about the people who witnessed the event on the boat.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everytime I simply see the name Scholtenheim Reinbach I laugh then couple that with his Rose Rune (can't totally remember the name of it to be honest but I don't think what I put is right...) attack being simply ridiculous you have yourself a good laugh.

As for the story I'd of hoped that the people of suikoden had better taste than to allow Micky's fictional tale of Nobility and Blubbery to become popular!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok, this has gone nowhere, so consider it my 'tangent' by closing it.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: