Suikoden Unique and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viktor???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franz x

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Viktor??? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After now playing suikoden IV I have realized that Viktor is wearing a gaien knight uniform. Its exactly the same down to the boots and belt. the only difference is that his sleaves are ripped from his oversized arms. this might be a hint to where his ancestors came from.

Whats your opinions on this?
-Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Gaien Knight uniform without the sleeves is a breastplate and pants. It isn't exactly distinctive enough to really call a uniform. However, the coloring of Viktor's clothes is different, as is the shape and color of the breastplate. It really isn't that similar.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BTW I have asked Franz to remove his avatar as it is being supposedly being illigally hosted. Just cancel the popup which comes up, you don't need to enter any info.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

intersting theroy. I'm sure if the peole get word, we can expect this to become one of those things people write about, but it holds no water.

Last edited by kuwaizair on Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

DAMMIT! Highlight the Suikoden IV spoilers!!! This should be in the Suikoden IV discussion thread. I still haven't played the game. :x
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I think it's good that they had Viktor wear that outfit, then it makes something familiar in this game from the previous ones. So much of the material from the previous games seemed to have been omitted from Suikoden 4.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering that Viktor's from South Window....no, I don't see any real resemblance.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hes fashion theif thats it! hes like, one of those people who reserch achient fashion and wear it. like those fruffie ruffled shirts you can buy at Hot Topic, for people who think they are vampires from the 17oos

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People might not be able to relate to this question, but....if Viktor was a blonde, don't you think he would look like Terry Bogard from Garou:Mark of the Wolves and King of Fighter 2003? Looking at Viktor in the Suikogaiden Vol I pics. If he was a blonde, they could have been twins. Well, in my opinion they would be. Besides that, they both have big muscles. i wondered how Terry would be able to walk around with losing balance over his thin legs. :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well anyway, in any of the suikoden games, there are always reminder of him... for the player that is.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First time I saw a Gaien Knight from afar I thougt it was Viktor I was like WTF? But on closer inspection it wasnt..
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If anything, the Gaien uniforms are a nod to Viktor rather than evidence of any planning on Konami's part.

But, really, I don't believe that either. They do look somewhat similar from afar, I admit and I'd personally love it to be true because I love connections like that, but it seems to be nothing more than a coincidence.

There's simply no logic behind it. Why would Viktor being wearing a Gaien uniform? 150 years after its use? When he comes not from Gaien, or anywhere in the Island Nations but from Jowstone, far north.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Junko Kawano did the original design of Viktor's uniform, as well as the designs of SIV. It's natural to see some similarities. Just look at Tal... almost looks like a younger Viktor to me, clothes included.

No need to go OMG Viktor was the Gaien knight!!1!1!
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you look at a colord sketch of viktor its a leather cheast plate thats it looks nothing like the razirl armour but he does look like a young Tal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tal - Viktor similarities?

I never saw that myself. Though, when I first saw Tal and how he acted, especially in regards to food I just decided to call him Pahn from then on.

I found it one of the most obvious recycled characters in the game (apart from Rachel - Camille. I don't care if you think they're from the same family tree, it's still preposterous to have them so similar down to hair, jobs, personality and taste in men)
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: