Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

bitter Suikoden 2 experience (spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
granpaturtle

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: bitter Suikoden 2 experience (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok...ok...I've been trying this for years now and I've finally concluded its a glitch.
Every time I play, EVERY TIME I collect all 108 stars of destiny before I go to attack Rockaxe, EVERY TIME I SAY!
And then Nanami gets shot, and I go to the doctor and she's dead and blah blah blah.
But when I go see Jowy, I don't get the real ending...I've done it all ways, I fought him and kicked his ass, fought him and lost, chose not to fight him. Regardless, I never get Nanami.
Boris is still alive, I even got all the damned squirrels. I still don't know what the rune of beginning looks like. bitterness is me
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The criteria for getting the good ending is as follows:

1. Gather all 108 Stars of Destiny before the meeting in the Great Hall when you enter Rockaxe. Leknaat will appear, and unlock Riou's last spell for his Bright Shield Rune.
2. When Nanami runs out to deflect the arrows from Gorudo's archers, you need to choose one of the options in the dialogue box in 0.5 seconds after it appears. You will know that you were successful when Riou runs forward, and spins his tonfa. Also, after you hear that Nanami has "died," Huan will say "Shu, may I speak with you...inside?"
3. Continue the game as normal, and after beating the final boss, go to Jowy, duel him, and do nothing but defend. He'll eventually collapse, be healed by the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny, and he'll join your party. Walk down the mountain, and you have the Good ending.

Also, you never get to see the Rune of Beginning, other than in the opening movie. Here's an image of it, though:

EDIT: Made above statement more accurate, using advice below this post, and added an image of the Rune of Beginning.

Last edited by Vertius on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe you forgot to increase Nanami's DEF. There is a required amount of DEF that you should reach before Nanami dies to activate the "Good Ending". Although I forgot exactly what number, I guess its between 180 to 200 DEF.
Athene Airheart

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, you have to be nice to Nanami. If you are too mean to her she dies as well. There's kind of like a "Nanami Point System" and if you rarely have her in your party, that counts against you.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure that being nice doesn't really affect it.

The only requirements, per my own playing experiences and suikosource, is that Nanami have a DEF value above 121, and then you select EITHER option when given the choice. There is a time limit, so you have to be quick about it. Also, you of course have to have all 108 stars by this time, but that doesn't seem to be your problem.

You'll know you've done it right be two things: number one, Riou should step forward and take out his Tonfas after you've made your dialogue selection. Number two, at the end of the scene where everyone is waiting outside of Dr. Huan's Office, Dr. Huan will ask to talk to Shu privately.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

granpaturtle

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Maybe you forgot to increase Nanami's DEF. There is a required amount of DEF that you should reach before Nanami dies to activate the "Good Ending". Although I forgot exactly what number, I guess its between 180 to 200 DEF.

are you serious?

GAH! that's just...how would I know that!? HOW!?

screw writing papers, this weekend is dedicated to getting that ending...Suikoden 2 is what? 24 hours long?
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no Nanami point system, you don't have to use her when she doesn't push her way into the party, i know because i never did use her if i could help it and i still managed to get the good ending.

use Vertius's advice and you will get it.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to be accurate, what Vertius said is not accurate for point #2. You can choose either of the option as long as you do it very quickly. So take Vertius' advice and also Zonder's.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never heard of that option 2, Nanami point system, Nanami DEF stat, Riou twirling tonfa, whatsoever.

The only requirements I know are:

1. 108 stars of destiny before Kiba goes away.
2. NEVER choose to fight Jowy.

I'm not saying it isn't true, only that I haven't tested it yet. I was able to get the perfect ending without the twirling baton scene you were talking about in Rockaxe.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The twirling tonfa scene is...um, seen, when you choose one of the dialogue options at that juncture and not seen for the other option. I think that's how it works anyway. Sometimes I've seen it, other times I haven't.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

uwangski, just to confirm it for you. There is no such thing as "Nanami points". But there is the minimum DEF requirement. Ced the Lad and few other members who went to Suikosource pretty much tried and tested the DEF bit and came up with 121 as a result. Most people don't really have any problem because they still equip Nanami anyways since she's a part of the party in Rockaxe. But some of those who actually stripped Nanami's equipment, then they might be having problem saving her.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose the second option and got him in his fighting stance. I thought for sure I did chose the first option and got nothing, but maybe I just wasn't fast enough.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: bitter Suikoden 2 experience (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

granpaturtle wrote:
Boris is still alive, I even got all the damned squirrels. I still don't know what the rune of beginning looks like. bitterness is me

Boris is Ridleys son and while he takes over his star hes not counted towards the 108 stars as Ridley can and should survive for all intents and purposes. If you do infact have Boris and not Ridley then theres your problem as the game thinks you have 107 stars since Ridleys dead.

uwangski wrote:
Never heard of that option 2, Nanami point system, Nanami DEF stat, Riou twirling tonfa, whatsoever.

There are 2 outcomes basically, Jowy automatically defends Nanami from Gorudo (aka whips out his staff) and depending on your choice Riou either does the same (whips out his tonfa) or doesnt. Top choice is he doesnt do and bottom choice is he does, either way Nanami gets shot and you fight Gorudo.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly, that is incorrect.

Boris replaces Ridley, and took the same star as in Ridley is no more in the Tablet of Stars, and instead Boris is there. So getting Boris still allows the players to get 108 SoD. The only non-SoD that you can get that could screw up the 108 SoD is the kraken wife (Rulodia) and of course the kraken baby (Chuchara) because Rulodia takes another Listening Crystal that was supposed to be used on the other SoD animal (Feather or Sigfried) instead.

And are you sure there's Jowy defending Nanami? I don't think I've ever seen that, but I could be wrong as my memory of that scene is a bit blurry now.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
eXistence of Fly, that is incorrect.

Boris replaces Ridley, and took the same star as in Ridley is no more in the Tablet of Stars, and instead Boris is there. So getting Boris still allows the players to get 108 SoD. The only non-SoD that you can get that could screw up the 108 SoD is the kraken wife (Rulodia) and of course the kraken baby (Chuchara) because Rulodia takes another Listening Crystal that was supposed to be used on the other SoD animal (Feather or Sigfried) instead.

And are you sure there's Jowy defending Nanami? I don't think I've ever seen that, but I could be wrong as my memory of that scene is a bit blurry now.

100% positive? I thought that Rulodia and Abizboah were interchangable with Feather and Sigfried as stars while Boris was a replacement for Ridley given the 'bad' pretense that he died (as i believe that happens if you choose to run away during the night in Tinto with Nanami, therefore effectivly causing his death) I'll have to look into that then. :P

And im positive Jowy is, considering the text prior to it indiciates that Nanami and Riou should run should you not instigate him to a fight. Im of course a moron so i completely forgot he uses a sword at that point and not his staff, he rushes past you with his sword drawn facing gorudo as Nanami tries the technique and then you either draw your tonfa or you dont and the battle is initiated.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: