Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what if konami made a suikoden collection?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: what if konami made a suikoden collection? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wonding what if konami ever made a suikoden collection. Basically what i mean by a collection is that this collection would contain suikoden 1-5(and possibly suikoden tactics and other spin offs) Would you buy one? And how much would you pay for it?

Personally if konami ever did that i would buy the game in a heart beat. It would also be a good way for to attract new fans to the series becouse they would be able to understand the history of suikoden. And id probable be willing to spend up to 70 dollars(US) just to buy the game
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I somehow doubt that with that many games complied into one it would be that inexpensive. *remembers her Growlanser collection* ~_~

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it would have to be for the PS3 and I think Kutaragi once mentioned in the last year or so that high price just means we'd be playing with gourmet-level form of entertainment. They could use this very expensive collection of [b]Suikoden I-V]/b] and give these five games abit of graphical upgrade.

Why stop there?

Why not just take all five storylines and be able to play the five games in chronological order. I would buy it though that may mean the sixth game could be delayed.

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure I'd buy it. I have Suikoden I, Suikoden II, Suikoden III, Suikoden IV (a game I definately don't need 2 of), Suikoden Tactics, and Suikoden V. Buying them again doesn't change that fact. If they include an art book with it, I probably still won't buy it. I usually look in those things once and never think about them again, so it's pretty useless to me. If the following things come with it or happen, then I would buy it, however:

1) Soundtracks to each game, I have the soundtrack to V, but that's it.
2) Suikogaidens, translated into English.
3) Less than $200 (definately won't cost less than $150 considering three PlayStation 2 games and one game selling for over $100 on e-bay) or I grown into a millionaire overnight.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might buy it as in i wanted to play the game in just a PS2 or PS3 in the future, not to switch consoles the whole time which is kinda bothering :)

Tullaryx wrote:
Why stop there?

Why not just take all five storylines and be able to play the five games in chronological order. I would buy it though that may mean the sixth game could be delayed.

and that mister is a great idea :wink:
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Why stop there?

I would most certainly not want that. I like my Suikoden games to be seperated. Especially with the slightly differing styles of gameplay.

A grpahical upgrade would be nice, but I'm not sure I'd still buy it. Like Lord Rengo said, I already have all the Suikoden games so they'd need to release something pretty amazing with it to convince me to buy it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

(definately won't cost less than $150 considering three PlayStation 2 games and one game selling for over $100 on e-bay

The reason for that is becouse konami no longer makes suikoden 1. Hence law of supply and demand kick in. Anyway if they did make a collection it may not be that expensive. Consider the sims complete collection. It had the original and its expansions and it only cost 27 dollars(considering they were original sold individually for 20 bucks each that dirt cheap)
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Konami made a Suikoden Collection, I'd probably buy it, especially if it had some good extras. In fact, I'd probably buy it mainly because of the extras. I'd like such items as a book of all the character art, and, as already said, the soundtracks. And, of course, it would be a great chance to get a copy of Suikoden III! :wink:

Chances are, however, that it won't happen anytime soon. I was hoping that they'd do something like this for the 10th Anniversary, which didn't happen. We may have to wait for another such momentous occasion for them to consider it. The 15th or 20th Anniversary, perhaps...

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

A grpahical upgrade would be nice, but I'm not sure I'd still buy it. Like Lord Rengo said, I already have all the Suikoden games so they'd need to release something pretty amazing with it to convince me to buy it.

A bumper sticker that says "Ted died for your sins!" and a T-shirt.

If the games were all on one disc and I didnt have to fumble around with memory cards when my nephew keeps changing his mind whether he wants to play the rope climbing game or horse racing game, of course I'd buy it.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd but it, it would stop the wear and tear on my original copies and i might even get the chance to play Suikoden 3 for the first time ever.

I don't really mind the graphics thing, but it may be a chance to fix all of the typos and add in some bonuses which link the games together a bit more, specially 1 and 4.
granpaturtle

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

under one condition-

they remake Suikoden 4 into not a bad game
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd buy it, under some conditions.

• The compilation must be cheap.
  • There should be bonuses if I buy the compilation.
  • The games' graphics should be improved.
  • The Suikoden games' flaws should be worked on.
  • Suikoden IV must be remade into a better game.
  • The typos of the previous Suikodens must be fixed.
  • The Suikogaiden games must be included

Unless ALL of these conditions are met, I won't be buying the compilation. I already have all the Suikoden games aside from Suikogaiden and I think it would be just a waste in buying all of them again.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it was just Suikoden I-V, then I would not even consider buying it. I have those and if I had the urge to play one, I'd just play the ones I have. If they included the Suikogaidens, then I would think about it briefly, but dismiss it because it would probably be outrageously expensive.

If it was unrealistically inexpensive, then I might buy it for the heck of it, but we're talking around the price of one new PS2 game these days. It wouldn't ever be that inexpensive (thus "unrealistically") so no I wouldn't buy it.

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they were all PAL releases, sure, I'd get it. Suikoden II is near impossible (read $140+) to buy, and Suikoden III never made it. eXistance of Fly told me that Suikoden IV he owns says Made In Australia, I'd be very happy to see that on my Suikoden games, any of them!

For me to buy a Suikoden Anthology of games (1-5 + tactics) I would really like to have an awesome bonus disc to it. Interviews, videos, behind the sceens, background documenteries on history, each game, characters, and dvd-rom features/online links, lots of artwork, music collection. Typos/spelling errors should be fixed (they're not on a forum okies!). If It could do all this I'd pay about $180 dollars (AU) for it. I don't even know if I'd like Suikogaiden, so it's not essential to be in it, but I wouldn't mind at least trying to play it! It'd also have to come in some super-awesome-o packaging to it, and that's not to say they can't cram it with a whole lot of bonuses to it. little collectable trinkets that were memorable in the game, like odessa's star earring or the wooden amulet with fireflies (well, you know, lights inside!)... That sort of thing...
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Yvl"]
Axiose wrote:

A bumper sticker that says "Ted died for your sins!" and a T-shirt.

That would be amaizing..

Usually the real appeal of a collection is the extra stuff it has, like said before if it had a bunch of character art and bios and stuff it would be great, especually if it gave out more information/answered questions.

Also alot of people do not have SI an SII so it would releave them and hopefully bring the cost down, and NO ONE has a copy of the Gaidens in English which would be a big seller i think
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: