Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Frank Miller's 300 - Thoughts and reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know a film could make me feel like that. And no I don't mean turned on by men, I mean utterly inspired to tear out someone's liver and eat it while they watched. It was savage, it was horrific, and it was almost entirely 100% historically accurate with the only changes being the location of Sparta's backup and the Persian bows being several hundred years too advanced (They didn't have recursive bows yet jackasses!)

I've never felt that a movie affected me on such a level before, in fact, I'm quite the nihlist and I'd be willing to say that no story or event has affected me on this level. 300 is something I will not be shutting up about for a long time to come.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow...is it really that good?

Roll on the 23rd so i can see this movie!
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I was skeptical at first because it was so hyped... But hearing all these raves... I think I will go see it. You can always use a good story with lots of soldiers and blood and genuine steel vs steel action...
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
and it was almost entirely 100% historically accurate with the only changes being the location of Sparta's backup and the Persian bows being several hundred years too advanced (They didn't have recursive bows yet jackasses!)

uh. dont believe any of what he's talking about. please.

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Went to a lock in when it came out. Loved it. This movie is so good I can't even begin to describe how good. If that makes any sense...

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went to see 300 on Saturday night. Loved it. Brilliant film. Amazing action scenes. I think i will go to see it again before it leaves the big screen.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there's an IMAX near where you live I suggest you try seeing it on that screen.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
Scarlet Assassin wrote:
and it was almost entirely 100% historically accurate with the only changes being the location of Sparta's backup and the Persian bows being several hundred years too advanced (They didn't have recursive bows yet jackasses!)

uh. dont believe any of what he's talking about. please.

I must agree. 300 is nowhere near 100% historically accurate. Where did you read that?

But then, I couldn't care less that it wasn't historically accurate. That was a fantastic experience! I just went to see it last night at the cinema (also got to see the At World's End trailer! Nice!)

The story was simple, yet moving. The action was delectable, yet tense. The visuals were awe inspiring, yet calm.

To me, 300 is the pinnacle of all that an action movie should be.

I thought the Queen of Sparta was a great character (Jenna loved that she was a strong woman, not someone she usually sees in the action movies I make her watch) to observe throughout the breaks in tension.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: