Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Looney Tunes or Merrie Melodies
Looney Tunes
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Merrie Melodies
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now if you never watched these when you were young (or old) I will seriously kick your ass. :P

Even though I'm a lot older then when I used to watch them almost religiously I still find them incredibly funny. The only problem is that I've lost almost all of my old tapes that had them on it which is a shame because I can vaguely remember one which I'd love to watch again. I don't remember enough to find out which one it was but I do remember enough to make me really want to rewatch it. I think it was about two guys on an island...bugs bunny might have been there too...

There was another one which I used to watch and it gave me nightmares when I was a kid. It was called Jungle Jitters and is now funnily enough one of the Censored 11 which were banned because of stereotypes and the like, but they're pretty harmless all in all. The part that freaked me out was where the main character's head keeps changing.
I managed to find it on YouTube, I hope you all can get to sleep after watching it though. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt---f83q7g

So do you guys have a favourite cartoon or character? Or a memorable one?

Oh and I decided to make it a poll just for the heck of it. I voted Merrie Melodies.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite cartoons ever are the 3 Tortoise v. Hare ones. I used to recite those with my brother all of the time.

My favorite Bugs Bunny cartoon is "Buccaneer Bunny". Just the whole pirate thing and the one liners are completely priceless. I voted Looney Tunes, but I like either one, really.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looney Tunes all the way. Hey if they are on the TV when i am watching i will still look at them, funny stuff.

Got to love Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck!

Edit: typo...

Last edited by Goldy on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looney Tunes! always! It's tunes, not toons!

excerpt from the following website wrote:

...The little black duck became more self-analytical, competitive, peevish, paranoid, and neurotic. Eventually, Daffy found himself more and more at the mercy of a universe that seemed to favor everyone but him.
So why do audiences love him? Despite his failures, Daffy, like the Greek hero Sisyphus, is a victim of injustice who continuously protests. And it's his refusal to surrender his will to the whims of the conspiring universe that makes him heroic. How could one not feel sorry for an ill-equipped duck with Daffy's voice that just can't seem to get a break? At least Daffy aims high. And when he fails, he resets the bar . . . even higher.

from here

Daffy, I love Daffy! He's the greatest, nothing will keep him down for long at all.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I used to watch Looney Tunes when I was little.

My favorite character would probably have to be Wily Coyote - he just kept on making me laugh back then. Also, he always got blown up. :P

I didn't like those ones that invovle Elmer Fudd, though.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kill da wabbit! Kill da wabbit! Kill da wabbit! Kill the wabbit!

I actually did a presentation on the history of cinema this last year and spent time discussing the history of animation. I used to watch these religiously. My absolute favorite was Duck Amok, the one where Daffy getting tormented by the animator, who turns out to be Bugs.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I stared at the hypnotic rhythm of Fry attacking Dr. Zoidberg with his own arm in hawkthanatos' signature about six thousand times before I finally managed to collect my wayward thoughts enough to reply to this thread.

I used to adore Looney Tunes when I was a wee lad. I don't watch them much anymore; among other things they're played during the daytime when I'm never home. Of course, I don't watch television period...so maybe that has something to do with it. I also very much enjoyed the later Tiny Toons, though I didn't watch that one quite so much.

Back in the day though, I always liked Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian the best. Bugs Bunny I didn't find so funny unless he was paired with Daffy or Marvin, or sometimes with Yosemite Sam...aside from the one exception of the "opera" cartoon with Elmer Fudd, and his spear and magic helmet. I was just plain excited any time I would turn on the TV and see one of my favourite characters cavorting around in a series of unrealistic and highly dangerous situations.

Oh, I also really enjoyed Foghorn Leghorn. He was cool if for no other reason than being a giant rooster. He was cool anyway though.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: