Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Will the Grasslands be able to continue on for long?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm thinking Scarlett Moon Empire, Island Nations, and Queendom of Faleena will have various conflicts due mostly inpart to territory. Cant say I know too much about the situations of Highland and Dunan and Toran and Jowston so I wont make any predictions here. Just Thoughts.

The Scarlet Moon empire, Jowston, and Highland are all gone. Toran is the area that was formerly the Scarlet moon empire, while Dunan is Jowston and Highland combined (not really combined, but territory-wise)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah see I told ya I didn't know much about Toran among other things. Heh. Thought I knew about Scarlet Moon Empire since I've played IV and it mentions Scarlet Moon Empire.

I thought that since theirs one on the map their would be one now but I guess its just that they needed more nations to provide diversity. Thanks for the correction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. It's come full circle. Star Slasher corrected me when I first got here, and now I get to correct someone WOOT!

Anyway, no problem, everyone makes mistakes.

Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can anybody please explain how united the Grassland tribes are? Do they frequently mingle and socialize with each other? Or do they live separately in their respective territories with little socialization between the varios tribes? I would love to see Hugo marrying someone from the Alma Kinan and Chisha clans :D . Maybe one day the Grasslands would form a League of the Grasslanders and have a law that states, "if any member of the Grassland Clans were attacked by any hostile power, all members are obliged to fight against the aggressors." This can pave a way for a truly united Grasslands.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what was seen in Suikoden 3, we're led to believe that with the exception of Alma Kinan, all the tribes are very friendly to one another. The Lizard clan, Duck Clan, and Karaya clan are all warriors and mingle freely. THe CHisha clan, however, is peace loving and obviously has less in common with the other three, and thus associates less. THe Alma Kinan clan is secretive and thus no one socializes with them. WE don't know much about the Safir clan or the Le BUque clan before Harmonia took over, so we really can't make any assumptions about them.

Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Safir was recently taken over and for some reason I thought that Martha the Budehuc fortune teller was from the Safir clan but I'm not sure if theres any basis in the thought. I also read that it may be somewhat like an Arabian feel to it based on leterary clues in the games but O well. Its a mystery.

Le Buque stayed with Harmonia I believe, which dissappoints me to no end. They used to be called the Carne Clan, if my memory serves me rightly. They were distant from the rest of the clans so it would make sense that their ties to the other tribes would be somewhat more loose. And they were relative to Caleria which meant they probably got a lot of trading business from Caleria and other jobs like gaurds for merchants on the Mountain Path. I guess that Franz thought it better to just stay with Harmonia instead of risk being taken again. I would have loved to see Le Buque return to its roots as the Carne Clan and relocate to the Grasslands(or more localized to the Grasslands). Some of this is speculation and dream but other is real true goodness.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88 wrote:
Safir was recently taken over and for some reason I thought that Martha the Budehuc fortune teller was from the Safir clan but I'm not sure if theres any basis in the thought. I also read that it may be somewhat like an Arabian feel to it based on leterary clues in the games but O well. Its a mystery.

Le Buque stayed with Harmonia I believe, which dissappoints me to no end. They used to be called the Carne Clan, if my memory serves me rightly. They were distant from the rest of the clans so it would make sense that their ties to the other tribes would be somewhat more loose. And they were relative to Caleria which meant they probably got a lot of trading business from Caleria and other jobs like gaurds for merchants on the Mountain Path. I guess that Franz thought it better to just stay with Harmonia instead of risk being taken again. I would have loved to see Le Buque return to its roots as the Carne Clan and relocate to the Grasslands(or more localized to the Grasslands). Some of this is speculation and dream but other is real true goodness.

Well Le Buque was annexed by Harmonia and its people became third-class citizens. Maybe one day they would lead a revolt against Harmonia or at least flee to the Grasslands and live there in freedom rather than living under occupation. However, in Suikoden 3, there's no sign that it will happen in the short term since they're not willing to take a Spartacus-like rebellion against Harmonia, which suggests that the people of Le Buque are cowards and liked to be ruled by foreigners. The people of Le Buque sure are a submissive lot.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Le Buque rebelled against Harmonia they would crush them easily, that's why they don't try to oppose them.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a delicate balance right now. Zexen and the Grasslanders have their uneasy alliance, Tinto is always ready to try and annex some more lands and if Harmonia spot an easy chance for victory they'll take it.

As long as Zexen/Grassland relations remain decent, it should put off a Harmonian invasion, for now at least. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if, say, in 30 years the Grasslands have been carved up between Zexen and Harmonia, with Tinto nabbing bits of the southern areas.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why exactly DID Le Buque remain as Harmonia's?

I thought for sure after the Fire Bringer were victorious that Le Buque naturally would become Grassland territory again but this wasn't the case.

It just seemed as though the Fire Bringer 'liberated' Le Buque to me, but in reality they just LEFT them to be slaves instead of reclaiming what used to be Grasslands?

That seems rather strange to me.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheNeclord wrote:
Why exactly DID Le Buque remain as Harmonia's?

I thought for sure after the Fire Bringer were victorious that Le Buque naturally would become Grassland territory again but this wasn't the case.

It just seemed as though the Fire Bringer 'liberated' Le Buque to me, but in reality they just LEFT them to be slaves instead of reclaiming what used to be Grasslands?

That seems rather strange to me.

The people of Le Buque are a disgrace because they would rather live under occupation than die as warriors. Sometimes you've gotta sacrifice everything, in order to free your land and people from foreign domination and colonization. When you don't have freedom, what's the point in living?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People live under occupation all the time, not everyone would rather die for a vauge ideal like freedom.

Why do you think Native Americans aren't going around bombing places demanding 'freedom'? Or the south? Hello? Tried to declare independence, got punched in the teeth and dragged back into the Union?

The fact is, as long as the people of Le Buque co-operate with Harmonia then they'll live good lives and will most likely brough up to date with Harmonia research and technology. It's a win-win situation.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say the regular skirmishes will resume, but no one will really outrightly try to destroy grasslands anytime soon.

THis is simply due to 2 reasons. Completely annihilating grasslands will take too much effort and strength. The only country that would be able to do that would be Harmonia. Zexen doesn't have enough forces to wipe out grasslands. Neither do Tinto. As for Dunan and Toran, they have no reason to.

Yet, if Harmonia ever feels like completely annihilating Grasslands, it will once more result in the unification of grasslands, zexen, outlands and possibly tinto simply because non of these nations would allow grasslands to be taken completely by Harmonia.

They still have trade and stuff. And logically, Harmonia wouldn't try to destroy grasslands just yet because it'll waste too much resources.
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
People live under occupation all the time, not everyone would rather die for a vauge ideal like freedom.

Why do you think Native Americans aren't going around bombing places demanding 'freedom'? Or the south? Hello? Tried to declare independence, got punched in the teeth and dragged back into the Union?

The fact is, as long as the people of Le Buque co-operate with Harmonia then they'll live good lives and will most likely brough up to date with Harmonia research and technology. It's a win-win situation.

The Native Americans didn't do that because their ancestors tried and failed. Well, at least they tried. The people of Le Buque didn't even try to mount an uprising against Harmonia, which suggests that they like to kiss Harmonia's butt.

Maybe the reason why they don't rebel because they have no support from the Grasslands? In real life, rebellion and insurgencies usually succeed if they get outside help. So, maybe the people of Le Buque regard themselves more like Harmonians than Grasslanders.

However, i doubt that the Karayans and Lizards wouldn't fight to the death if Harmonia occupies their land, since they're more militant and warrior-like.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Grasslands are destined to be tookover.The flame champion reunited them for the time being.But do to the problems there bound to have they will disband the whole grassland force.Eventually will just get taken over by a massive power like Harmonia or Dunan.Sadly it's unavoidable they just dont have enough strength to compete.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: