Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenosaga II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone else having a hard time finding the Limited edition guides?(if anyone is even looking for it) I was told there was a memo send out to all gamestops saying the earliest they will get it will be next week for certain stores only, the official bradygames site mentions nothing about the item what so ever, yet eb already got them. I picked one up today after going to 3 stores, the music cd is okay but very short, only about 11 3min tracks that doesn't even add up to 30 min all together I think. I loved the theme song but 5 out of the 11 tracks on the cd from the guide seem to be a variation of it. About the game, I am only 6 hours in and finally got the entire party together for the first time, how long should it have taken to get to that point? I know I saw it in more than one place already but is shion done by the same person as the first game? she sound so different, on the kos mos front I heard about 2 lines so far and she dose sound more plain stiff than intentionally robotic but I was almost expecting the voice of a man after the bad feedback about it from ign, so I'm not about to cry for her to shut up just yet. By the way, tip for anyone who didn't already know this: save your money and get this game at either Fry's or Target this week for only $37.77-37.99, if you already bought one at regular price and opened it you can still save that $13 by buying another cheap new copy and returning that to where ever you got it from at $50+tax, based on the so so reviews and the fact that episode I is almost worthless I'd try to save all the money I can on getting this one.

more interesting stuff on the voice acting, according to the entertainment information website provided earlier, to my surprise every main character is still done by the same cast except chaos(not yet confirmed). kos mos is done by the same person as the first game and so is momo, Hammer is also Ted from IV, Allen's voice actor will be the new Dante in DMC3, and Pellegri is done by some dude name carlos(hopefully that's a mistake)

*two things; don't double post, meaning one after the other-use the edit button. break up large blocks of text, since it makes your posts a headache to read-most will simply skip it out of annoyance.*
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

more interesting stuff on the voice acting, according to the entertainment information website provided earlier, to my surprise every main character is still done by the same cast except chaos(not yet confirmed). kos mos is done by the same person as the first game and so is momo, Hammer is also Ted from IV, Allen's voice actor will be the new Dante in DMC3, and Pellegri is done by some dude name carlos(hopefully that's a mistake)
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odd, because the VAs for KOS-MOS, Shion, and MOMO all sound different. chaos' VA is different...I don't know who it is, but it sounds a lot like Billy West.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chaos's is really different, it wouldn't surprise me if his was completely different. Shion's and MOMO's sound different, but there are still a lot of similarities; I can see them being the same.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone finished this game yet? I think I got the biggest suprise of any sort so far this year after I fought every mob at least twice while talking to every npc 5 times and going everywhere possible, that I got to the second disc in 13 hours... good god, how can that little amount of stuff take up an entire DVD! anyways since gamestop is giving $30 for this game and it won't be any kind of a collector's item I need to finish it and get rid of it asap to get every penny I can off it so I can pay for the PSPs. I'm now at hour 17 and trying out the "gears" in a full party for the first time, can someone tell me how much longer it will take for me to finish it? thanks
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I have beaten the game and the second disk seemed to be a bit longer than the first one. It definatly is when you include the three bonus dungeons. I can't tell you exactly how much longer because I didn't bother to check my time at disk one, but I ended up clocking in around 30 something hours. Although I don't completely get why it is you want to get rid of it so badly, but to each their own.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
anyone finished this game yet? I think I got the biggest suprise of any sort so far this year after I fought every mob at least twice while talking to every npc 5 times and going everywhere possible, that I got to the second disc in 13 hours... good god, how can that little amount of stuff take up an entire DVD! anyways since gamestop is giving $30 for this game and it won't be any kind of a collector's item I need to finish it and get rid of it asap to get every penny I can off it so I can pay for the PSPs. I'm now at hour 17 and trying out the "gears" in a full party for the first time, can someone tell me how much longer it will take for me to finish it? thanks

I was really surprised at the length of the first disk as well. I am rushing through and not doing any of the sidequests, but I just finished the first disk is in 8 hours and 30 minutes. I am dissapointed in the lack of gear battles so far as well and how Jin just kind of joins up after the first disk.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

believe me I want to hold on to every game I ever liked enough to have completed, but since most companies over producing some of the games that not many people will play to begin with I'd be just screwing myself out of my own money if I do. It just sucks when I head to a gamestore for a RPG that is really not gona sell too many copies yet they have a wall full of it. With needing to pay for possibly 6 PSPs of over 1.6k, I'm gona need all I can get. By the way, when you finish the game there is not a movie gallery to watch all the clips from the game is there?
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new battle system. I really wish they had just kept it the same as in episode one IMO.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the chain attacks are pretty cool but it sucks that there is not even a count or anything, I read the guide but I still don't get exactly when you get a free stack up, I know you have to hit the right zones but how can you tell when you will get a free extra attack? also can any of the non melee characters even start a chain? since they never get anyone in the air or knock anyone down.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the non-melee characters are capable of starting an elemental chain. However it ia not a good idea to do because they are unbale to cause eithe rair or down status so the chain will be weaker. I also agree with Crono that they should have kept the old battle system.

You can tell that you get a free extra attack if after you hit the enemy with your initial attack the attack select thing is still there with only the circle button visible. You then hit the circle button and get a free attack. Although I don't know what triggers it other than you have to cause break with your attack. I'm assuming it is just a random chance.

So has anyone else beaten this game because I am looking for some people to talk with about the game ending.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Call me crazy but I think this battle system is way more fun than the last one, at the very least toward the end of the game your basic physical attack is still usable while you can create good chains by using your head. unlike the first game where by the half way point, the only way to do enough damage is with the special attacks that you could only have 2 to use at one time while you are forced to watch the 5-10 second long sequence from the same camera angle over and over again.

Today I have been feverishly recorded all the scenes I can from the game as I am according to the guide, one chapter way from finishing it and will be getting rid of it when I do. I have just finished recording the ones from the first disc and think I got about 85% of all spoken scenes. they add together to be about 1&1/2 hours maybe, it was a pain in the ass for me to record but it was much better for the game that all the scenes were quite spread out, there were only about 3 scenes over 15 min and none over 20. Once again how in the world that little amount of stuff can take up one dvd is beyond me.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

at the very least toward the end of the game your basic physical attack is still usab

Are we playing the same game? I am in the second secret deungeon and my physical attack deals around 150 damage. That isn't too bad until you consider all of the enemies deal around 200 and they have 8k hp. :( I never got tired of the animations in one, but I'm getting tired of the normal attack animations in this one because they are all I ever see and they are uniteresting.

Quote:

that you could only have 2 to use at one time

I could have sworn you could have four different specials equipped.

Anyways my main point is that I have died several times against random encounters which I was strong enough to take when I was at full strength. That just shouldn't happen. The funny thing is I lose more often against random encounters than bosses. I have only lost to bosses twice. The first one I didn't know how I was supposed to beat him because he kept blocking. The other was the final boss who I took too long to beat so he used many powerful attacks in a row destroying me. The random encounters just randomly beat him even though I always entered fully healed.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finished the first disc at around 8:00 PM and after ten hours of not exciting moments.

I am a little bit disappointed on the way character looks like, they used to look pretty and nice in my opinion, but now they seem skinnier, ugly, and old with wrinkles.

The old battle system was better but I'm getting used to the new one although it is somewhat hard to master (a lot of new things that are still mysterious to me)

Normal encounters are really painful while the bosses being not that much of a challenge when you learn how to handle them.

The only thing that keeps me playing this game is my curiosity (I just have to know how this game will end).

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Until the end of disc 1 I would have agreed that the new battle system is inferior to the old one, but then I started getting the hang of it. Now I enjoy both of them, with neither enjoying any preference. XSII's system just has a harsher learning curve. Just remember that breaking is your be all end all, and start saving the stocks you get from break bonuses. The system's great once you master it. My bigger problem is with the upgrade system. This one's decent but I really preferred the previous system.

I really enjoy the new graphic styles. I still prefer the old costumes myself though. The beginning of the game where everyone still has their old costumes is great. MOMO's in particular is just a little strange. Beret... yeah.

The music is really disappointing though. Sure there are some nice tracks, and it's nice to have music throughout the whole game, but I really miss Mitsuda. I wish they had at least kept some of the themes from the last game. Ah well...

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: