Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Xenosaga II
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Xenosaga II Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man this game is gona be the only must play RPG for me until maybe FFXII(who knows when that will come out) since of all the other RPGs coming out soon, I haven't been following those series. Any one got the Free Limited Edition movie DVD yet? Very good item for simply putting down $5(which you can remove at any time) for over 4 hours worth of the clips from the first game. Even though as far as I saw it they cut out some of the scenes I loved and I would guess about 2-3 hours of the total movies, the editors did a good job of following the story without showing any of the fights. Dose anyone know if Namco is gona be giving away any other stuff promo wise? for the first game I got my hands on 2 Shion prints and an art book, I hope they have some more of that good stuff. About the game, I heard that there will be no such thing as even a money system to buy anything at all, is that true? if so how dose it all work out? cause I'm sure gona be needing as much items as I can get, fighting those hour long boss battles if this one is like the first.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about your questions, but this looks like a good game. I still need to finish the first one though >_<
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hour long boss battles? The only battle that I remember being long and tedious was that fight with Momo and Ziggy in the beginning of the game. THAT battle lasted so long, only had one attack character since momo spent most of the time healing.

Anyways I heard a long time ago that this game wasn't supposed to be any good, because of many changes from traditional RPG style such as having no money system. That won't stop me from getting it however, because I am somewhat in love with the Xeno series. :oops:
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm getting it. And I look at it this way. It can't be any worse than the save system from Breath of Fire V.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So am I the only one that took about at least 30 min+ on about half a dozen of the boss fights in the second half of the game? For anyone who took their time to play though the first game, I'd think you'd be getting this game just to see how the story work out. I just hope they keep the story simple like the first half of Episode I, for the first 10 hours when I played that game I thought it was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences, but then they got into a bunch of stuff that really didn't have much to do with the storyline of that game while never getting around to explain some pretty important stuff... have anyone watched the dvd in its entirety yet?
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I really need to start going on Xenosaga episode one as I havent really gotten around to playing it much. In fact the little that I have played it was just the beginning of the first area and I really wasnt all that interested considering the current series namely Xenosaga not Xenogears's battle system. Dont get me wrong it's not a nessasarily bad system it just becomes tedious after awhile and I really cant stand it at all. Which is really strange considering that most of the games I play have rather tedious battle systems but I can stand them just fine. Must be something about that particular system that just irks me for some reason or another dont you know.

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Erde Kaiser, cheap, but o so effective. That greatly decreased the time of boss battles as the game went on. I didn't really need it to defeat the last boss in Episode 1, but being in college and working when I beat the first one greatly decreased my playing time when Episode 1 came out. I didn't get the DVD yet. My local EB usually gets that stuff when the games are delivered. Although, if I would not have asked about the Suikoden IV artbook when I picked up my pre-order I never would have got it. They had them sitting out, but they had price tags on.

The thing that confuses me about Episode 2 is the whole targeting different parts of enemies and some are weaker than others. I sure hope that makes more sense when I finally get to play the game in about two weeks.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not too worried about the hour-long boss battles, those happened quite often in Xenogears (Opiomorph, anyone?).

If the story is good (and it should be) then I'm getting it ASAP. Supposedly, they're going to link it closer with Xenogears now, and it's not going to be just a hypothetical anymore. I'm not sure if they made a deal with Square/Enix or something, or whether they just don't care.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt that info is true, simply because Monolith still swears up and down that the the series has no correlation with Xenogears. Regardless of Square-Enix's opinion on Xenosaga, they will ape-shit if they get too cute with the connections.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really looking forward to it. I hear they cut down on the cutscene length though... Personally, I LIKED an hour and a half of movie punctuated with 15 minutes gameplay and then 45 minutes of boss battle... It may not seem right, but, well, when the story was that good, you really didn't notice.

One problem I had with Xenosaga was, well, Shion. I hated her VA, which is why I visibly winced in Suiko IV when Lilin talked, since it's the same lady. >_>
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh yeah, I think that's right. Where did you find the voice acting information on IV? cause I been saying forever that Flare and Karin from shadow hearts is done by the same person... Dose anyone know how this game is going to work without a money system? I can't think of any example of a good RPG(or any rpg off the top of my head for that matter) doing that.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. I haven't found the English VA list yet. The Shion/Lilin was just my own observation, since that voice will be forever ingrained in the very fabric of my being. Same with FFX's Tidus. >_>
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw something which I thought was interesting watching the movie clips on the dvd. In the scene about 10 hours in where the general or whatever was holding his gun when Shion walked in, she said something like: "I knew someone who always had a sharp sword by HIS side... don't you think that's dangerous?..." I never caught that when I played the game but is that not a reference to her brother who was not even really mentioned in the first game? I love things like that, kind of like how one of the first nation mentioned in Suikoden was the City-State of Jowston yet it was never mentioned again until Suikoden II.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, she was referring to Jin, whom she believes is just a geeky guy who likes old things. Part of Episode II's plot is explaining the real deal with Jin Uzuki.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, i too am interested in seeing what the heck is up with Jin Uzuki. You hear about him in Xenosaga I. And is even mentioned to be in Xenosaga II in those darned Emails. But is Jin that Samurai dude? I imagined Jin to be looking less mature, like Alan. But i want to know more about Samurai dude, even if he is not Jin. He's got a cool fight scene with the Fire-sword freak. And also MOMO grows up and uses that arrow and bow! But i really want to know more abot chaos. So little is said about him in I. There must be more to be said about him in II. But i hope that there are more battle music/ boss music. And less focus on Jr. IMO.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: