Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 vs 2 vs 3!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beast108

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: S1 is best. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the original Suikoden is the best in my books...

I feel that mainly becasue of the plotline. I loved it- I was and still am addited to it. It has tradgedy, action, romance, friendship. everything I think is needed in a great epic story... And the characters are great... especially Odessa...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, to protect myself from any possible backlash, my disclaimer goes here — I love them all.

Yet, there is still an order of preference, hee hee hee.

I am lucky in some respects as within the past month, I've played all of them. Kind of a marathon to avoid doing my homework.

So I'll start with suikoden I. I really enjoyed the story, the graphics were good for the time. My annoyance was with Clive, it took forever to get him! And also uh...the holy rune. Gah. That pretty much meant the final showdown, one person had to rely on strength only, or walk through very slowly. It drew me in as you meet the new characters, yet I found the Tablet of promise was still not perfected, in that when Viktor leaves after Neclord, he doesn't show up on the tablet for that time, and similarly when other characters scout and so on — kind of hard to keep track of your 108 stars — I really wanted the ‘good' ending. One of the greatest Suikoden moments for me was visiting Kaleka — it is just a s**thole, and a lasting reminder of the devestaing impact of war. It just kind of stuck with me, and while all other suikoden's show the creation of such towns, none of them had as much impact as kaleka.
The strategy battle system was easy. The music was "okay", in honesty, I found suikoden II and 3's much better. Oh and hearing Gremio die was very entertaining for me (like a play by play), and then it just got emotional.

Suikoden II. Ah, I'm currently playing it again. I really love the music here. I dislike the new chichiron rules of max bet of 3000. I really dislike Riou's lack of self-confidence, and Nanami's insistence to be in the party. The graphics are beautiful, and exploring the Syndar ruins was ‘nice and fun'. Also I was just able to access the McDohl side quest, and that was great — while the game has replay value for being a great game, never being able to see this due to previously only having a pal version of suikoden, was great. Add to that, I had played suikoden 3 and it was fresh in my head, and I had taken Luc with me to see McDohl... it was insightful, than if I had played in order. Seeing the interaction between some returning cast was interesting. Ah.... What more to say? Oh yes — the only music I hated was the general battle music!

Suikoden III — I felt a pretty steep learning curve! I didn't understand how things worked yet and I felt "thrown in" to it, but ah, I got with it, and I really liked it. The music was great, I'd say second to suikoden II. The intro was breathtaking, and I showed it to my friend and they liked it, instantly I had to answer questions about the characters, and I could explain them well. The spell casting and skills/abilities, education centres were realistic additions and I liked that! Recruiting the dog at the Cyndar ruins (I forgot that one's name!), god, I nearly died! How funny was that! There were so many tit-bits of information about each character thrown around. It took me about 9 days to finish it. Hourwise, 60+ pretty bad I guess, but I guess it shows I didn't get bored — I always found something to do. The plays were funny, and the bathscene! Hah! Also, Nash pimping was so great, Nash himself is great --; the buddy system didn't annoy me as much as it has other people.
While I didn't enjoy the removal of the world map, I grew used to it, as I've been through simular with Chrono cross. But playing suikoden II again, I say rob me of the world map anyday — I find the random world map battles totally irritating.
The trinity site system at first threw me off a little, but once I understood it, I really felt that each person was justified in their actions, and that's where the sense of tension set it — it made me want to see these people try to put things right, as the information gathers, and the plot thickens, it was very innovative.

The final battle was a tad difficult for me, so I did feel superb when I won hee hee. But the ending was so tragic after analysing it a little. I thought "YOU JERK!!!" first off, but then just thought it was so tragic, and then I cried. It's also the end of a long running cast member, and it just made me feel sentimental. It was just so hopeless, so based on that, Suikoden III was the most engaging for me.
It gets heaps of points from me, so I'll put it as my favourite, followed by Suikoden I and then Suikoden II. In suikoden II, I feel like I'm running around too much, nanami is annoying me, and it didn't leave too great an impact, not Pohl dying, not the "you're my best friend I won't kill you" thing... the game makes me feel like I'm forced to be a good person, and only good will triumph. But um Suikoden I, Matthiu dying was sad for me too, oh, Points for Kimberly — she's nuts!

So finally, the order?

Suikoden III, Suikoden I, Suikoden II.

Quote:
don't bash me to bad but I hate suikoden 3(mainly just because I hate this "3D is better then 2D" crap).

I don't like suikoden III better than II because it's 3d.
but I think what you're doing, HATING suikoden III just because other people are shallow to think that it's 3d it's better than 2d, is shallow in itself. Hate it for being boring, unengaging, sloppy overdone unentertaining crap, don't HATE it because others only like it for it's l333t 3d-ness.
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: ........ Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played Suikoden III, so I'll not say anything about it, but I have played all other suikodens (including Suikoden IV), and i must say Suikoden II is still far to better then others, I'll not repeat reasons cause its the same like others mention it, but just to let you know, i enjoyed SI and SIV too, only SII is the best here...... So my order will be:
Suikoden II
Suikoden I
Suikoden IV

BTW, Suikoden I is in front of the Suikoden IV just because of the better and more interesting story...........
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II is the best overal since the story is deep and the events are logical and realistic enough to believe unlike Suikoden I and Suikoden III which pretty much has the unbelievable and nonsense. Don't get me wrong though, Suikoden II is pretty much good.

The characters are also impressive with deep anlysis of stories and the way it relates in our world. The plot is good especially the way Jowy changed sides and Culgan and Seed in alliance with him. Even villains have their reasons---no one is really evil like Luca. Luca has that cause also and since it had happened when he was young, it really had brought a great impact on him.

It is very angsty also yet humorous and insane. The music is very good and the bosses are hard enough. Sidequest are also insane--which is great.

In a game, I look in the story, characters and sometimes graphics but I don't mind the 2D. Anyway, Suikoden II is still the best with the story, character and background.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: