Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 vs 2 vs 3!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i was forced to rank them i would go S2,S1,S3....Personally i think S3 was the worst installment i mean the graphics were obviously way better but the story really sucked and the whole trinity thing and buddy system really disapointed me....S2 is the best cuzz the story was freaking awesum and everything just kinda flows nicely....S1 was the original and you gotta give it props for that I mean it was a very good start to the series and had a decent story and drama
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden1
Good-Storyline
Also good-Characters
Bad-Only equipping one rune?? not cool.
Very bad-The characters portraits.

Suikoden2
Good-Best story ever..
Very good-Characters
Bad-Is there anything bad???

Suikoden3
Good-Ummm liked that they got rid of the S, M, and L system.
Very good-N/A
Bad-TSS system
Very bad-Your magic sometimes hits your team.
Terrible-Hardly any memorable characters
Good lord someone shoot whoever did this-Kenji PERIOD!!! :mrgreen:
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive only played s1 and s2, so to put them in order is easy for me, but i still like the first one more than the secound one :P so suikoden 1 is my fave
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion......

Suikoden I
-The Game runs too fast
+So many death (I like it :twisted: )
+The storyline is good

Suikoden II
+The storyline is good
+The characterization is nice
+So many mini game
+There're some returning character

Suikoden III (never played it but....)
-The graphic is not good (even it 3D)
-Luc becomes the enemy
-The death of Luc
+So many favouritable character (Chris, Geddoe, Hugo)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rank them II, III, I

Suikoden I- was a great game but was still my least favorite of the series. I played it second, after Suikoden III so it was a large downgrade in the whole feel but nevertheless I enjoyed the game, debating a third playthrough.

Suikoden II- My favorite of the series. This game may be my favorite game of all time and I have played many many amazing games. The characters simply put were fabulous, you got so attatched to them, I really got pissed when Annabelle died and such moments. Perhaps one of the best plotlines to ever be seen in a game. Two best friends, pitted against each other large scale ruled by "destiny" how much better can you get? Plus it had Shu in it which gives it mucho points and Leon as well. Once I finish this playthrough of Suikoden III im going to play it again.

Suikoden III- Second favorite, great game. This is the game which got me into the series, if I never played this I neverr would have played the masterpeice that is Suikoden II. The characters were good, the plot was good the graphics much better. I actually liked the Trinity Site system, I think it enhanced the game. While the buddy system can be tedious, I beleive it adds to the game. The mountain path needs to die though :evil: as well as the zexen forest :evil: :evil: It had Albert which added to it as well :D
whew that was a longy
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 was my favarite just because of the story and The neat tactical battles.
Varna

26th Highland Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like suikoden 1 and 2 the same, don't bash me to bad but I hate suikoden 3(mainly just because I hate this "3D is better then 2D" crap).
*Takes a deep breath*

Okay I can't put 2 above 1 because 1 started it all, and I love fighting an evil empire, come on, how can you not like an evil emperor. Then I remember 2 has Luca Blight, biggest badass out in the suikoden world next to Yuber. 3 is 3D... and the fighting is not in the classic 1st and 2nd rank form, everone is all spread out. Oh god, how can I forget the duck people... horrible idea. 4 looks about the same, "oh that 2D stuff is old". No the 2D is the best, I'm sure if they made it 2D people would still buy it for god sake, it would be cheaper to make also :) anyway, the water stuff is a neat idea, but wait more bad ideas incoming, Nekobolds, "oh man just what I'v been waiting for, cat people!" but no, not the hot anime style of a girl with cat ears and a tail, they give us huge walking dumb looking cats. I think I saw fish people in there also, but I might be wrong. Anyway 1 and 2 are tied for first, and 3 is last... 4 might take its spot though. The new ones just don't have that suikoden feel for me. I feel like I'm playing some random RPG and not a suikoden, not even a good random RPG at that.

Okay I'm done, you can bash me now :)
Varna

26th Highland Cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gah sorry about the double post :/
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just press the delete button above your post.

Anyway, I rank them II, III, then I.

Suikoden II tops the list for its refined gameplay, good storyline, and solid character development (Hero 2 and Jowy).

Suikoden III takes second for great character development in between long, sometimes boring scenes, an excellent skill system bogged down by slow battles, a solid storyline marred by some RPG cliches, and decent plot twists.

Suikoden makes last place for its sloppy gameplay mechanics, a short, less-than-stellar story, bad art direction, and frustratingly ugly graphics (even for early-Playstation games). What saves it from being a bad game is excellent music, a wonderful setting (definitely my favorite), and innovative design.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

has to be 2,1 then 3 for me............... choice/design of characters were not as good as the first to suikodens. The music seems better on suikoden 1 and 2 to me. All seemed held together nicely by the unique storylines........great!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd rank the 2, 3, 1.

Suikoden 1-

Cute graphics +
Cute characters/great character design +
Too short -
A really annoying glitch killed my first to attempts to play through the game (Gremio got replace by Pahn TWICE!) --------- (After I got over that I loved the game though ;))

Suikoden 2-

Graphics much more defined +
Music and Soundeffects much clearer +
Character Art amazing +
Character Development wonderful +
Cute characters XD +
Great Story/Badguy +

Suikoden 3-

Trinity System +++ (I loved it! ^^)
Really slow battle system -
Luc and Sasari have hot yaoi sex there's alot more of them in the game. ^^ +
Character Art not as grand -
Story pretty neat +

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, p.l.e.a.s.e someone tell me, what is the trinity system? has it got something to do with the battle system? wot is it?
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

basically Suiko 3 is broken up into 5 chapters. for the first 3 chapters you get to decide which hero and which chapter you want to do in what order. So you see the game's plot from three different perspectives: Hugo (grasslands) Chris (Zexen) and Geddoe (Harmonia... sort of)
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I is my fave...the souleater was one of the best runes ever :twisted:
I liked the characters and the story, although I agree that it was too short. I was never really bothered by the character art though, it's way better than anything I could do!
Suikoden II was okay, Luca was awesome( I have a soft spot for guys who wreck destruction >_<) but I always seemed to get lost. I guess I have the directional sense of Hortez :P .
Suikoden III....I didn't think it was as bad as some people say, but it wasn't the same as the other two. The trinity system was fun and innovative, but it didn't really let you get attached to the characters. It would've been more fun for me if they had Geddoe and co. as the 'main' characters and being able to meet Hugo and Chris and see the war from an outside perspective. Not to mention I found the mercenaries more fun to play as than the other main groups.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but my list would be SI-SII-SIII
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been thinking about this one for quite some time, but each game has its own ups and downs, as has already been mentioned, but I feel that its the scale of the ups and downs that determine the quality of the game.

My favourite was Suikoden II... however it took me a while to come to this conclusion, for some time I felt that my favourite was the first Suikoden, but when I looked at what all the two games had to offer it was obvious to me that Suikoden II was the better.

One of the first things I look at when judging a Suikoden game is the storyline. Whilst the two leading characters in Suikoden II to me were a bit uninteresting, they served their purpose well. The story was very involving, and was on such a grand scale. Suikoden had this to an extent, the story was brilliant throughout, but it lacked some solidarity and longevity - I felt like it had been thrown together quite hastily, and that the story in Suikoden II was much more polished, detailed and realistic.

The same can be said for a lot of the characters, their uses and backing stories in Suikoden II, in that just about every character has some use within your castle ( arguably the greatest castle of all three games in my opinion ), whereas in the first Suikoden people like Onil or Zen had little to no use, when they could have taken the roles of Richmand and Tony, which would have been a nice addition for that Suikoden. I've had this discussion various times with my friends, and something one of them often says is that the first Suikoden almost feels like a prototype version of Suikoden II, taking the Suikoden idea and system on a test run.

Suikoden II also had great variety when it came to different kinds of places, large places in comparison to the first game, and also the ability to be able to go back to a place or two from the first game made the experience that much better. The amount of information and things in general that continued from the first Suikoden added greatly to my enjoyment of Suikoden II, in that it helped increase a sense of involvement.

Granted, I found the first few hours of Suikoden II to be incredibly tedious, the time spent with Gengen, Tuta, and the circus freaks were not the greates times had in a Suikoden game, however I was used to being forced with teams of characters I wasn't particularly fond of from a variety of roleplaying games.

Notably, the music in Suikoden II was on a par I felt, with the music from the original Suikoden. Some of the tracks weren't as good as something that could have come from S1, and I think overall, the first Suikoden had the superior soundtrack.

That brings me to Suikoden III... The music in Suikoden III was only anywhere near as good as the first two Suikoden's when the song in particular featured some parts of music from the first two games... in my opinion. The fact that the game was in 3D put me off originally, but I could live with it since for me, Suikoden wasn't about graphics. The idea of seeing some Suikoden characters in full 3D appealed to me a little after a while. I felt that the characters in Suikoden II were decent enough. But there were few characters beyond Yuber that I really enjoyed being able to play as much as the likes of Georg, Pesmerga, Clive, Kwanda or any of my favourites from the older games. I didn't like the map system very much either, removing the world map in favour of bare scapes of grass managed to become quite annoying after running through them for the fifty-first time.

I thought that the battel system was quite nice, particularly the War system, to me it felt much more structured and better thought out, everything was based on something, there were little random stats and abilities; you could pretty much see everything thta was going on close up in big wars.

I started going through the three games recently, one after the other.. I went through the first Suikoden quite quickly, but I didn't feel compelled to be playing it constantly, I took my time. When I was going through Suikoden II again, I was playing it often and finished the game in a few days. I started going through Suikoden III two weeks ago. I just got round to finishing chapter one for the three main characters yesterday. That tells me a story about how much I care for each game.

Suikoden II -> Suikoden -> Suikoden III
And notably, Suikoden II is undoubtebly the best game I have ever played.

GD

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: