Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How to Survive a Zombie Epidemic.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1156566 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
You know, for a while I always thought that the axe would be a perfect weapon. Then I remember the days of camping and cutting wood, and I realized that axes can very easily get stuck in the items you are chopping. Furthermore, wielding an axe can get very tiresome, as most of the time you will have to use overhead chops down. Doing that over and over on a group of zombies will wear you out very quickly.

Only with wood, this might sound inhumane but it removes quite easily from the neck of a chicken or a pig with a little wiggle and you could use both horizontal or vertical strikes with which to sever the spinal column in such instances. The reason I chose the axe was the afore mentioned splash damage to cause haemorrhages on the brain which is just as efficient in incapacitating and leading to the eventual true death of the zombie than by any 1 hit K.O moves, of course in a situation where you are worried about the axe getting stuck (and I also hinted) it's not that much different than wielding a sledgehammer, it's just that it has a dull blade attached to it, so prior to using any in melee you'd first dispense with the shotgun blasts to incapacitate as many as you could before you engaged a horde in melee.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting, but going through this thread makes me more worried about people now :?.

Anyways, I'm a pacifist; I would make peace and love with the zombies.

43015 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Necrophile.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axes are good weapons but like all kinds of weapons mentioned already it will take the right kind of axe. I was at Home Depot this weekend buying those newfangled CLF light bulbs when I decided to check out their hardware section and see what kind of axes they had in stock. They had the usual wood-handled axes with different types of axe-heads, but the ones which caught my eye were the ones with the heavy-duty rubber handles. The axe-head wasn't molded to the handle, but it wasn't far from it. I spoke to the person who handled that section of the warehouse and asked him all the relevant question (without mentioning zombies and such) and he said that the newer axes with the plastic-composite handles lasted much longer than the wood-handled or just basic composite handle axes. In fact, he did say that unless someone left that axe sitting in a roaring fire or outside in arctic weather the item is pretty much durable to last for years if not decades.

So, for anyone looking at axes as a viable hand weapon then axes using the plastic-composite handles should be something to look into first and foremost before moving on to other types.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: