Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Funny thing in S3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Funny thing in S3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was replaying Suikoden 3 and I was in the meetting room in brass Castle and there is a painting out of view next to the door. The thing funny about this picture is that it is some ruins and a man in black armor is there much like Pesmerga always was :lol: . I guess he was in S3 if only VERY briefly.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember it. Don't suppose you have a picture of it do you?

Although saying that, just because there's a picture of a man in dark armor, wouldn't necessarily make it Pesmerga, but then again, you may have found what people were searching for all this time...

I remain sceptical however.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know how to get in game pics but I was playing as Thomas. When you give Salome the letter saying your the castle master you can see it clearly over Thomas's shoulder. Also the man in the painting has a red cape as well so saying it's Pesmerga is a safe bet.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mean to be rude, as I'm trying to play Devil's Advocate (not the pinball machine Homer induldges in by the way), but a man in dark armor with a red cape does not mean it's Pesmerga. There's no law in the Suikoden land that states "Only Pesmerga may wear black armor and a red cape".

Logically, If. It. Was. Pesmerga, why would the Zexen Knights have a painting up of him?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking it was a easter egg sence they knew people would miss him they put in a few pics. As for were it was it would'int be an easter egg if it was easy to find.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could be an easter egg, but I didn't think Konami did those sort of Easter Eggs in Suikoden. They Easter Eggs they have tend to be hidden scenes with certain characters at certain difficult points, name dropping of previous characters or references to previous people and games that only those who have played the other games would get.

I just don't see Konami having a picture of Pesmerga in Brass Castle. If we found out that Pesmerga used to be a Knight of Zexen from the first Fire Bringer wars, then I can easily imagine it could be Pesmerga in the picture, but I'm just overly sceptical.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
or references to previous people and games that only those who have played the other games would get.

Wouldn't a picture of Pesmerga qualify as a reference to a previous person, that only people who have played the other games would get?

Considering none of the Zexens wear black armor, it would seem pretty reasonable that it may be an easter egg. Considering virtually every other painting in the game does not have a person in it, at least from what I've seen, it seems rather reasonable to me it could be Pesmerga (could be an old picture of Yuber, too, but I'd lean more towards Pesmerga).

I don't think it has any real storyline significance, since I don't think Pesmerga has ever gave any indication of being anywhere even near that area.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I don't think it has any real storyline significance, since I don't think Pesmerga has ever gave any indication of being anywhere even near that area.

That's my point. Suikoden isn't the game to have easter eggs like that in it. All other references to other characters are through people who knew/know them, or by general chit-chat. It makes no sense to have a picture of Pesmerga in Brass Castle.

Even if Zexen's never have worn black armor - that doesn't give any proof that the picture is of Pesmerga.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who says they haven't worn black armor? We never saw the captain and his vice captain, or the two other knights that got killed off in the peace treaty battle at the beginning of the game. One of them could have been wearing black armor (and with a picture up, I'd lean towards the captain.)

It's likely just a picture of some old Zexen hero.
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh it may be Georg Prime he had the Ebony Moon Knights in Grassland. Since it was EBONY Moon Knights it would make sence that it is him. Also he had connections every where.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't aware the Ebony Moon Knights were part of Grasslands, I thought they were in the Nameless Lands. Even if they were part of Grasslands, then the Zexen Knights wouldn't have a picture of a Grasslander in their castle.

Even so, the Ebony Moon Knights have no known connection to the Zexen Knights other than both groups being Knights.

Georg Prime does have alot of connections, but we don't know if he had, or has, any in Zexen of Grasslands. There's no more proof that it would be Georg Prime than Pesmerga unfortunately.

As stated by Carabbit above, it is likely just an old Zexen hero.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought of something. Why would they start putting easter eggs (if it is an easter egg) in Suikoden III, if they did not do it in the previous two games? Simple, this is the first game they could do it. Both Suikoden I and II lacked the resolution for this since it would have to be quite big for it to be recognizable. Also add to the fact that Suikoden I couldn't really have easter eggs of past characters just because of it is the first and Suikoden II really had most of the major or just neat characters to begin with.

One thing though that really leans me towards the easter egg idea is that it does really look like Pesmerga/Yuber in terms of look. However, Yuber changed his appearance and actually plays a bit bigger role in III. I've been playing some of the older ones in the series and I did notice that there are only 2 occurances of people wearing the same armor (unless there is more in Suikoden II, I haven't played it), the first is Pesmerga and Yuber and the second is the beginning of Suikoden IV with the knights in training armor that the initial characters have. At best you have similar armor (like the Knights of Zexen), but even then they are very distinct and different if you look at them.

It could very well be that someone told one of the graphic artists that they needed a picture of a knight and he just drew Pesmerga or Yuber because he thought they looked neat, and no one cared too much about it other than it being done and in the game. Somehow I think we are putting way too much significance on it.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Easter Eggs don't have to be graphically enhanced to be an Easter Egg. To have a random, unexplained picture of Pesmerga is very unlike Suikoden. Especially as they have not had any similar case like this.

If you have a picture of Pesmerga and you have a picture of this painting, then please, post them up so we can compare them, but there is a very very slim chance it will be Pesmerga.

This happens everytime a person notices somebody with hair, clothes or weapons similar to Pesmerga. They instantly put 2 and 2 together and make Pesmerga-tron. Just because somebody is wearing black armor, does not make them Pesmerga.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Pesmerga-tron

That would be cool! He transforms into a gun (and loses 99% of his body mass at the same time...).

I think the only way to resolve this is if someone can get a screenshot/digital photo of this picture and then to link it here so it could be discussed properly.

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...Georg Prime, did we or did we not meet him in any Suikoden to date?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: