Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amyral and I were talking about this in chat and there's a good chance no one really died in the episode. *laughs*

Spoilers There's a chance the cockroach that we saw in the end going into the sewer might be Sylar. I mean we relaly don't know all the powers he has. Maybe he has the ability to change into a roach in order to survive. lol.

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:

*Spoilers*

I think a bigger twist would be if someone or something else did, but I'm betting Sylar dragged himself down there.

Mine will be in black, because the point was raised in black.

If you were actually listening to what Mohinda was saying over the top of that particular section, he was saying something about finding your partner, or soul mate, can't remember precisely, just as it shows the open sewer and the cockroach. Now I subscribe to the school of thought that dictates that nothing in TV is done for no reason. So I think it's very likely Sylar now has a helpful friend.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS:

Where better than to end in feudal Japan? :P I certainly don't think Peter is dead, in fact we should technically know he isn't, as he survives the explosion the first time. Nathan is a different story however, I liked him but he probably died, they were both good characters. Unless he can fly away from the blast or something before hand...

Hiro Nakamura - easily my favorite character ends the series in a way which obviously interests me. With him seeing Kensei, looks like we'll get a little backstory on the samurai himself. Although time travelling heroes always leave the "why didn't he?" questions in the plot, I especially like where he has ended up after all this, with Ando still alive. :D

Nikki and DL are interesting, I don't think DL is dead, as he was last shown alive. Matt though, he could be alive, but I don't see him coming back. Heroes seems to be the kind of series where the writers don't hesitate to have a character killed to advance the story, just so long as it isn't Hiro, Ando or the Petrelli family, I am happy. :D
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

You may want to read the online comics. They answer a few questions, though the question of whether D.L is alive or not isn't answered, as it's only said the doctor's are trying to help him.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where are these comics?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are located at NBC - Heroes.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:

Mine will be in black, because the point was raised in black.

If you were actually listening to what Mohinda was saying over the top of that particular section, he was saying something about finding your partner, or soul mate, can't remember precisely, just as it shows the open sewer and the cockroach. Now I subscribe to the school of thought that dictates that nothing in TV is done for no reason. So I think it's very likely Sylar now has a helpful friend.

*spoilers*

Yes, but I just see it as Sylar doing it on his own as more of a possibility, then someone dragging and reviving him. Still, he could of been dragged. It might be the man Molly was talking about in the middle of the episode.

On the bright side on the comics, we at least know Wireless' soul went into the machines. She became ghost writer lol.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:

Yes, but I just see it as Sylar doing it on his own as more of a possibility, then someone dragging and reviving him. Still, he could of been dragged. It might be the man Molly was talking about in the middle of the episode.

*spoilers and theories about the season finale*

See, I think there were too many people around for Sylar to drag himself away. The entire thing was stopping him, I don't think no one would notice Sylar dragging himself away, somehow opening the manhole cover, and crawling in.

For the other two, we know Peter had the healing power, so he could have survived, depending on how he exploded. He survived once, he could do it again. He also could have thrown Nathan off of him and flew the rest of the way himself, meaning Nathan could still be alive. In the end, everyone's death is a giant question mark and nothing might have even been finished conclusively in the season finale.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS:

Nathan and Matt seem to me to be the most likely to have died, but even those are blurry, so it's hard to tell really. Sylar "dragging" himself or being dragged into that manhole seemed a bit cliché, but I suppose without him theres not a lot going on.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which might explain why even though Volume One just ended the show still ended with a "To Be Continued...."

I see the entire run of the series (not season) as the main storyline. The Volumes themselves only marks a particular point in the storyline. Season Two will actually be split into two volumes (Two and Three). Seems there's also someone even scarier and more powerful than Sylar who will probably be the one to challenge all the heroes and probably any side villains that pop up. He seems to be a character being set-up as the Heroes version of Sauron.

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heroes has returned and is currently on it's fifth episode.

I'm fairly suprised at the choice of death(s) from the end of the first season, but it's their show. Just thought I'd bump this up a bit and remind people it's back.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently bought the first series and watched the whole thing in two days. My TV gets horrible reception, so I don't get to watch the show regulary, but I thought i'd bounce a few theories off of all of you.

*Spoilers*

1.) Considering that Peter has two powers unaccounted for, his dreams and empathy powers, there are two people with unconfirmed powers as of yet. I think these two are Peter's mother, empathy, and Charles Deveaux. There's one other possibility, which I will get to next.

2.) Since Charles Deveaux appears to have powers and powers seem to run in the family, it's very possible that Simone also had powers. Peter's empathy powers may come from her. Since Peter loved her, she was often on his mind and in his feelings, meaning that he would have usage of the power a majority of the time. She was also emotionally attached to almost every character she contacted, giving further evidence to her possible empathy power.

Sage can save the world with a 12-inch piece of string, jar of miracle whip, and a gardening magazine, depending on the issue!

Last edited by Timbo on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Empathy isn't unaccounted for, it's Peter's born power. However, off the top of my head there are 3 people Peter's encountered that he could have powers from, his mum, his dad (not sure on this one since it may only be people he's been near since his power developed) and Charles Deveaux.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Absorbing powers is his born power, although it could be argued that the empathy stems from that (since he absorbs the feelings of those around him and 'gains them') , I don't think it's official that it is another part of his natural power.

Sage can save the world with a 12-inch piece of string, jar of miracle whip, and a gardening magazine, depending on the issue!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, his power is officially called empathic mimicry which only worked in the beginning as somethng temporary. In some of the episodes in Season One he could only use powers he mimicked from another superpowered individual he was in close proximity with. In the beginning of the first season we see him dreaming of being able to fly. I always wondered why he was having these precognitive dreams when I finally realized late in the season that this dream was similar to the ability Charles Deveaux had.

By the middle part of the first season we see instances where Peter recalled abilities he previously mimicked and I think this is where his powers have begun maturing. Anyone who has read comic books will know that most superheroes and villains with powers rarely remain with an ability that never matures or evolves to a more advance version. The more Peter becomes comfortable with his mimicked abilities the easier it is for him to recall them. Though it seems extreme emotional stress continues to be a stumbling block for Peter to fully master his ability.

Peter is similar in ways to Marvel's Rogue and DC's Parasite. The only difference between these two comic book characters and Peter is that in order for Rogue and Parasite to retain permanently the abilities they're mimicking/absorbing beyond a temporary time limit is to completely drain the target superpowered individual until that person loses their ability. It almost happened with Parasite draining Superman and happened when Rogue completely absorbed Ms. Marvel's flight, strenght and invulnerability powers. Peter's ability to mimic and absorb other powers is less active and more passive in that it doesn't harm the person whose powers he's mimicking.

As for the current season, I was a tad disappointed how slowly it began. It almost acted as if they were back to rebooting things and reintroducing characters we already knew. But the last four episodes of this truncated season (due to the writers' guild strike) got Heroes back to the level of what made it a fun show. The new characters of Adam Munroe and Elle are rather quite good and both got some very good characterization given to them despite being only in half the episodes of the season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: