Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This show just gets better and better, the latest episode which aired on the 23rd was a great way to bring it back. I have to say the long anticipated fight between Peter and Sylar was the best scene, too bad it was cut short though. But no worries, Im sure that by the end of the season, the two of them will have an epic battle that puts any conflict in X-Men to shame. (Maybe thats an exaggeration, but it will be good.)

Anyway, its slightly old news but did anyone else read Tim Kring's interview concerning Season 2?
Quote:
Tim Kring, creator of NBC’s hit series Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming second season will constitute a new volume in the multi-volume series, with new characters and an entirely new storyline. “If you remember, the opening of the pilot pronounced the episode as the beginning of Volume One,” Kring said in an interview. “Volume One comes to a conclusion at the end of episode 23, and Volume Two starts with the opening of season two. And Volume Two is a different story.”

Kring added: “We could have new people and new storylines and new ideas and new threats and new bad guys and new heroes. So I would prepare the audience for that idea, that it’s not just a continuing serialized storyline about only these people. It’s a little more the 24 model than the Lost model.”

The first season of Heroes is exploring what happens when a disparate group of ordinary people discover they have extraordinary abilities and attempt to save New York from disaster.

“Heroes needs to evolve, and if we are positing an idea that this is happening all over the world to many, many people, then we get to see some of those people and see how their story fits in.”

Kring also confirmed that some of the current heroes just might not survive this season, but added: “Many of your favorites will live to fight again.”

So a new group of heroes will be introduced, which is to be expected when main characters start to kick the bucket, like Isaac. Im just glad the show will go beyond Season 1, though there is a slight chance that Season 2 might not hold up to 1 if the writers make the wrong decisions. As good as it is now, there is always that possibility of the show going stale, but I have faith in Tim Kring. Lets just hope the new heroes are even half as entertaining as the originals.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a second season introducing some new heroes and a new storyline will work if they keep some of the more popular and obvious heroes from season one. I think Hiro and Claire will most likely move on to season two with either Nathan or Peter staying as well. I don't think they'll get rid of any of the surviving heroes just because season two will have a new storyline with new heroes. Just like any good comic book, the previous heroes will most likely factor in and become mentors to the new set of heroes. It is either that or gradually make cameo appearances.

I also think that Linderman and those superpowered individuals from his generation will become the focal point once again. I still think Linderman is not as the bad guy he's being hinted as. I'm still of the mind that Peter Petrelli will most likely become the main villain in the series. Sylar cannot really last much longer. With Peter's power of permanent power mimickry I thnk many people forget that he should now have Sylar's primary ability in addition to all the others Peter leanred by being in close proximity to a superpowered individual. Will Peter save the day in the end only to slowly become corrupted by the same power which Sylar had to begin with.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, tonight's episode set 5 years in an alternate future where they don't stop the exploding man just made Heroes my favorite show in TV right now. This episode just outdid all the preceding episodes before it. We had future version of Hiro, Nathan and Peter Petrelli, Matt Parkman, the Haitian and Claire. It was very cool to see how much each character has changed in the 5 years since the explosion. I won't say too much more so as not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but this episode just solidified this show as the best serialized show on TV in my opinion.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have much time to post, so I'll just say tonights Episode was epic. I missed last weeks episode unfortunately, but this weeks episode was just awesome. I'm kind of Meh about Future Hiro, but I liked the rest of the Future people. Future Peter is just freaking amazing. And he actually looks cool too, instead of the dirty looking dude from the beginning of Heroes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As cool as this episode truly was, it was a filler. We learned what "could" happen if the city is blown up and stuff. But in the timeline we are all on 5 years before that episode, nothing progressed. And young Hiro returning to our modern timeframe to prevent that future makes everything we learn in this episode pointless. If Hiro does stop Sylar or Peter from blowing up the city, everything in that episode is all of a sudden non-existant.

But, it was a really cool look into what could be. Sylar as Nathan was a cool twist and then using Parkman and the Haitian to find Claire again was just too cool. I found the future Hiro to be the coolest of the future heroes. It never fully explained how Sylar got all the powers he did (DL and Nathan's to be exact) and I'd like to know how he got those.

A few questions I have though.

1. If Peter has Claire's ability to heal, why then does he have a huge scar? Why didn't he regenerate?

2. When Sylar tried to cut Peter's head a few episodes back, Peter's healing ability (from Claire) sort of prevented it from happening. Now 5 years in the future Sylar tries to cut Claire's brain open and is successful? Why couldn't she do the same as Peter?

3. Sylar(as Nathan) had direct access to Matt Parkman. Why wouldn't Sylar take that power? Reading Minds is quite possibly one of the best powers Sylar could manipulate to his advantage.

4. If Parkman and the Haitian were like partners, was at no time during those 5 years the Haitian near Sylar (dopleganging as Nathan)? If the Haitian blocks powers, Sylar would lose the dopplegang effect and all other powers he has. Thus allowing anyone there to see the President was really Sylar, and subsequently kill him.

5. If Matt Parkman has served Nathan for the past 5 years, if Nathan was really Sylar, at no time did Parkman hear a stray thought that was Sylar? Come on.

6. And finally, the most obvious solution to this whole thing. Hiro, knowing what happened, why the hell in those 5 years did he not take Peter back to stop Sylar? If he has the power of time travel, why didn't he use it more than to just go back and mutter some riddle "Save the Cheerleader, Save the world" When he went back why didn't he just say, "Find Sylar and kill him before he geos berserk." Or even better yet, warp back to before Mohinder's dad got killed and kill Sylar then.

Allowing Hiro to leap back and forth through time creates far too many paradox situations and the possibility of 2 Hiros existing at one time basically opens the door to allowing him to build an army of time travelling Hiros. If you warp 5 minutes in the pat, grab yourself and warp 10 seconds before that and continue doing that until you have hundreds of samurai sword weilding, time stopping warriors. Undefeatable.

Okay, enough of me picking on the show's fallibility. Given all that, I still watch the show at face value and take things as they come, I just wanted to get all that off my chest. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season. I do like the show, I just wish it thought more laterally.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:

1. If Peter has Claire's ability to heal, why then does he have a huge scar? Why didn't he regenerate?

2. When Sylar tried to cut Peter's head a few episodes back, Peter's healing ability (from Claire) sort of prevented it from happening. Now 5 years in the future Sylar tries to cut Claire's brain open and is successful? Why couldn't she do the same as Peter?

3. Sylar(as Nathan) had direct access to Matt Parkman. Why wouldn't Sylar take that power? Reading Minds is quite possibly one of the best powers Sylar could manipulate to his advantage.

4. If Parkman and the Haitian were like partners, was at no time during those 5 years the Haitian near Sylar (dopleganging as Nathan)? If the Haitian blocks powers, Sylar would lose the dopplegang effect and all other powers he has. Thus allowing anyone there to see the President was really Sylar, and subsequently kill him.

5. If Matt Parkman has served Nathan for the past 5 years, if Nathan was really Sylar, at no time did Parkman hear a stray thought that was Sylar? Come on.

6. And finally, the most obvious solution to this whole thing. Hiro, knowing what happened, why the hell in those 5 years did he not take Peter back to stop Sylar? If he has the power of time travel, why didn't he use it more than to just go back and mutter some riddle "Save the Cheerleader, Save the world" When he went back why didn't he just say, "Find Sylar and kill him before he geos berserk." Or even better yet, warp back to before Mohinder's dad got killed and kill Sylar then.

These are legitimate questions, Moon Knight.

1. Hmm. This could be that for a brief period of time, Peter's powers were inhibited some way, like through the Haitian or some new hero we havn't seen, and was subsequently scarred in an attack by Sylar or something. I don't think that 'old wounds' necessarily heal when the power is activated, but then again we couldn't know for sure because Claire was born with it and Peter didn't have any old scars before meeting her... Its either that or Hiro's sword is made of kryptonite and one day, Peter made him angry enough to be put in his place.

2. Well, Suresh did interfere there when Sylar was doing his brain snatching technique. I don't think either Peter or Clair could heal faster then Sylar's attack, especially since their brains are what basically 'hold their power,' and direct contact would inhibit them to an extent.

3. Sylar was probably biding his time, but he saw that Parkman could be of some use to him alive.

4. I think the Haitian has to pick and choose which powers are blocked, and he probably had no reason to go against Nathan. After all, the Haitian worked for Peter and Nathan's mother for years (it seems), and he trusted the Petrellis.

5. He never knew Nathan before. If I remember correctly, the only Nathan that Parkman would know is the doppelganger one. Besides, even if he did hear thoughts that weren't typical of the president - "kill all heroes" or "eat all the brains" sort of thing - then he's given up trying to make a difference and save the world anyway. From what I understand about Parkman, his family is being protected in exchange for his services.

6. Hiro didn't really have a way to meet up with Sylar until he attacked Claire. I mean, for the beginning of his super villain career, he kept a low profile and seemed to single out certain heroes and then move on to the next, without leaving any trace. More on this later though, this one has interested me for a while now.

I got one to add,

7. Did Nikki really need to do the whole pole dancing thing? Seriously, she may be attractive but wheres the justification in that - for the character or for the dignity of the show?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:

That one was a mystery to me as well unless Peter is purposely keeping the scar from healing as a reminder to himself of what he did to New York 5 years in the past.

Moon Knight wrote:

If you look back at the two episodes, Sylar sped up the process of slicing Claire's skull. Sylar did it more slowly and deliberately when he did it to Peter, but I'm going to assume he has since learned that the key to staying ahead of Claire's healing ability is to do the slicing faster. Don't give the healing factor a chance to heal the cut skull.

Moon Knight wrote:

I think Sylar hasn't been pretending to be Nathan too long. At least not for the past 5 years. I'm also assuming that Sylar has become more cunning since the New York blast. Why care about Parkman's ability when the one he truly wanted was Claire's. Plus, in order to get Parkman's power he would need to kill the man and that probably would've brought way too many questions. He could only pretend to be one Hero at any one time.

Moon Knight wrote:

I think this is also a hint that points out Sylar has only been pretending to be Nathan just recently. I also think that even Nathan himself probably knew the Haitian's ability so could have made sure that they were never in the same room. Before someone else brings it up, I know the Haitian was in the same room as Parkman when Parkman began reading present-Hiro's mind. I will guess that the Haitian has the added ability of focusing his dampening abilities to a single individual instead of just everyone in the room.

Moon Knight wrote:

Same answer as above. Sylar probably wasn't Nathan until just recently. Even if he was I think Sylar may have found a way to mask his own thoughts either through another ability he absorbed in the past. We still don't have a list of the exact numbers of heroes he killed and what abilities they had.

Moon Knight wrote:

Allowing Hiro to leap back and forth through time creates far too many paradox situations and the possibility of 2 Hiros existing at one time basically opens the door to allowing him to build an army of time travelling Hiros. If you warp 5 minutes in the pat, grab yourself and warp 10 seconds before that and continue doing that until you have hundreds of samurai sword weilding, time stopping warriors. Undefeatable.

Then there wouldn't be a Heroes Volume 1. My guess here is that Hiro guilt over what happened to Ando in New York made him think it was his responsibility to defeat Sylar. Also, Hiro (both present and future) seem to believe in the nature of time paradoxes and probably wanted to minimize its effect by doing everything himself instead of involving anyone else from the future.

If you notice his reaction when present-Hiro arrived in Isaac Mendez's old loft in New York, future-Hiro was surprised and, if not, a tad hesistant to speak or be too close to the present-Hiro.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw .07% the other day, something doesn't make sense to me (sorry if it's already mentioned, can't find it), why doesn't the painter just shoot himself in the head before Sylar comes to take his power? I suppose I'm just splitting hairs but it seems like a weak excuse for him to get his powers that way.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to assume that he's afraid to kill himself. I don't think most people have it in them to make that decision if they're in their right mind. Plus, I don't think Sylar getting Isaac Mendez's powers is that much of an advantage for Sylar. Painting the future is one thing but it seems like it still needs to be interpreted accurately for it to be helpful.

Remember the painting Linderman showed Nathan in Vegas where Nathan was standing in the Oval Office as President of the United States. That same pose was finally shown in real life in the episode of the alternate future. That scene's Nathan was actually Sylar pretending to be Nathan. So the paintings themselves do predict a future event but not exactly when or exactly whats going on.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The end if neigh.

The final episode is coming next monday. I can't wait to see it.

I feel that this week's episode went a little fast, and this could of been prevented by taking some useless parts out. For example Hiro and Ando's adventure with the show girl, a few episodes back.
Aside from that, I liked the episode, but of course there would be stuff I would of liked to change if I was the writer.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the season finale was, well, meh. It seemed like just a normal episode until the last 15 minutes, and that sort of ended a little anti-climatically, even with the Nathan-Peter bit.

I didn't like the whole "The End?" sort of thing with Sylar, where they leave it open as to whether or not he really died with the open sewer thing. If they are going to introduce someone who is apparently worse than Sylar, they need to remove Sylar from the picture, yet right now that's not certain. The Nathan-Peter bit didn't really solve anything either, because in theory, either or both of them could have survived that in some way. We didn't see it, so there's no way to know if either of them did. I like my season finales to have some closure, this episode just seemed like a collective lack of it.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling those who are not major comic book readers would say the same. I think to end this introductory volume it was quite good. It doesn't really end the storyline begun in the first six episodes. What it did do was to finally bring everyone together for the "final fight". IF they're really going to follow the superhero comic book format then this just ends a subplot of a much larger main story.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should be watching the finale today, I hope it's good.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the final episode.
Pretty much all the main characters' stories were resolved in it. I felt some things could of been taken out, but otherwise, it was a good ending.

*Spoilers*

I'm going to assume Sylar is alive, mainly because I heard in an interview that the actor was coming back at least. When I saw the ending, I kind of wondered, did he drag himself into the sewer, or did something else? I think a bigger twist would be if someone or something else did, but I'm betting Sylar dragged himself down there.
I liked how things ended, even though Nathan died. Nathan was one of my favorite characters too. At least we now know that Peter can only control his powers one at a time, instead of using them all at once.
Bennet, or Noah, I thought would die because we now know his name.
I'm actually surprised the ones who survived did, and the ones who didn't(With the exception of Nate) died.
I still kind of wish that Linderman was still around, but I guess it'll be up to the other organizers of the New world order to show their faces, and do things behind the scenes.

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I do have to say the fight between Peter and Sylar was a bit of a let down. I have always asked myself why doesn't Peter just take Sylar's powers w/ his own and whipe the floor with him. As for any possible character deaths I can see each one surviving so I could just be contract issues. IE you want too much money so you are not going to be in next season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: