Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge Prima wrote:
iscalio wrote:
Jorge Prima wrote:
Clair's mommy died

No.

Claire's "mommy" died? :D

No?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Claire's mom didn't die.

Royal Yaoi Fanpeep Brigade

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Claire's mom didn't die.

*giggles* Indeed she didn't. But SOMEBODY did. *giggles*

Sorry. Xd

I guess somebody didn't watch the last few minutes...
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Nice episode. The show is a lot of fun to watch.

How does Peter's (and the other guy's) invisibility work? If the light passes right through them, then why are they not blind? After all, if light is absorbed by their retina (which is necessary to see), then at least their retina would be visible. Two ways of making invisibility work (in regards to an inner logic) in fantasy settings without making the characters blind are (1) affecting the minds of onlookers so that they believe that they're not seeing anything and (2) creating an illusion cloak which displays a false image. The former does not apply to the Heroes invisibility - because then HRG and his goon wouldn't have been able to spot them with their heatvision binoculars (why do the invisible guys emit infrared light anyway? Why should their power be strictly restricted to the spectrum of light visible to humans - seems a bit farfetched). The latter possibility is also not used by the show, since in that case it would be possible to hide behind an invisible person (since the cloak creates false images and the person isn't actually pellucid), and we saw in the show that that is not the case.

Obviously I could also try to understand the powers of other characters, but I'd fail. Hiro's time travel ability in particular creates hundreds of questions. Still, it is a lot of fun to watch.

If you want to bring physics and practical science into this equasion, then virtually all of the powers displayed would be false. How would Nathan be able to fly unassisted? He has no new organ, his body isn't aerodynamic and his density remains the same, so how does flight work? And let's not even go anywhere near Hiro. Time manipulation is quite possibly the most unrealistic thing ever. Niki's unexplained superhuman strength as well as D.L.'s Shadowcat like ability to walk through walls? Let's not go into it.

Taking this show in a scientific point of view would be like putting real science into those Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons. Its just something we all throw to the wayside because we understand its fantasy and not real.

Just to touch on your question of infrared. Just because light passes through their bodies doesn't mean they do not have heat. Those heat sensors detect body temperature. It would be a whole other power if they could adapt their body temperature altogether.

Anyhow, to my reaction of this week's show. Nobody's really touched on the whole confrontation at the end there with Matt, Ted and that internet chick versus HRG. I've read that we will get a lot of answers regarding him next week, so I'm really looking forward to that.

I think Linderman is slowly being tied to everyone in the show and once this season is over, he/she/it will be the main focal point of evil for Season 2 (that is if Peter/Sylar doesn't have that role)

We all saw Simone "die" but really, since when can you taske anything at face value on this show. Thus far we haven't seen Simone be of any use, but if they wrote in she has a super power herself (And wasn't on the "list" because she was adopted and renamed or just had never given blood) she might actually come back to be useful. Exactly what her power would be? At this point it'd have to be similar to Claire's power or that of Jean Grey. Not exactly regeneration, but reanimation. The ability to bring life back from death. Its a mere speculation, but why would they put her on the front page of the official website along with other high importance characters like Matt Parkman, Hiro, the Petrelli's but not have HRG/Mr. Bennet? I think her story isn't over.

Unless of course her entire existence was to be the breaking point that makes Peter go crazy and actually want to destroy the world, in which case, done and done. Claude has left him, his brother views him as a political problem and now his lover has just been shot by her ex, a drugggie painter who can see the future. Methinks Peter's gonna snap.

There's so much going on with this show, I'm loving it. Mohinder is inadvertantly fuelling Sylar's desire, Matt's marriage is still shaky and now he's confronting HRG finally. Niki, D.L. and Micah are doing their thing, but we'll see them tie into the rest soon enough. Niki (or should I say Jessica) is already taking jobs from Linderman (and her next target is Nathan Petrelli!).

This is by far one of the better shows on the air. I just hope it doesn't degenerate into a mystery fanfest like Lost has become. Which reminds me, that is on tonight, I better go make sure its recording. Lost, 24 and Heroes are the 3 best shows on TV, not in that order though.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
If you want to bring physics and practical science into this equasion, then virtually all of the powers displayed would be false. How would Nathan be able to fly unassisted? He has no new organ, his body isn't aerodynamic and his density remains the same, so how does flight work? And let's not even go anywhere near Hiro. Time manipulation is quite possibly the most unrealistic thing ever. Niki's unexplained superhuman strength as well as D.L.'s Shadowcat like ability to walk through walls? Let's not go into it.

Taking this show in a scientific point of view would be like putting real science into those Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons. Its just something we all throw to the wayside because we understand its fantasy and not real.

You completely miss my point, Moon Knight. I didn't bring "physics and practical science" into the equation. I was not questioning the fact that they receive magical powers due to DNA anomalies per se. This is of course "unrealistic", but it's the fantasy element of the show and I accept that. I talk about the inner logic. It is possible to analyze fantasy elements in regard to an inner logic.

The point I raised is not like Nathan's ability to fly or D.L.'s ability to pass through solid matter. Nathan received the magical ability to fly, and D.L. received the magical ability to pass through solid matter. I have no problem with that. Equally, the invisible man received the magical ability to let light pass through his body unobstructed. I have no problem with that either. But since I accept the fact that light passes through the invisible man's body, the question does arise for me how he is able to see. I hope you get my point now: I am not questioning their powers, I just try to understand how they are supposed to work. After all, if "seeing without the need of light" is another ability that goes hand in hand with invisibility, then why is the invisible man not able to see what is located behind him?

Questioning the inner logic of a story or show is completely legitimate, even if it's fantasy.

Quote:
Just to touch on your question of infrared. Just because light passes through their bodies doesn't mean they do not have heat. Those heat sensors detect body temperature. It would be a whole other power if they could adapt their body temperature altogether.

Those heat sensors detect light which is emitted by the character's body - it's just light of the infrared spectrum. I'm sure you realize that "heat" is just light of a certain wavelength. Since I was trying to figure out how the invisibility power is working, it was natural to consider that it would "cloak" this light of a wavelength only slighter longer than visible light. After all, I'm pretty sure that would the invisible man hold a flashlight, said flashlight would still be invisible like everything he holds in his hands, including the light it emits.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But I guess you don't get my point, you're picking and choosing what forms of science these powers involve. It'd be the same as asking why the entire planet doesn't turn invisible if he touches it, because his clothes and anything he holds goes invisible. You're nitpicking between reality and fiction. The super power obviously only pertains to visible light spectrums and not Infrared. Also, because its fantasy, their retinas can absorb light without being seen.

Similar question would be, why can't anyone hear them while they're invisible? Since when does invisibility stop voices? But if Claude or Peter, while invisible, throw something metal on the ground it makes a clang. What governs what sounds are permitted or not? Or why is it when invisible all of a sudden Claude and Peter can see eachother? If the light was passed through the body, then no matter who else was in the area, they'd be invisible to them as well. These questions are really immaterial because they do not affect the show. Rather than pick apart the physics of everyone's powers (which is what you are doing by trying to fully understand them), just watch the show at face value and take it for what its worth. Yes, if this were in some realm of reality, then your theories would be absolutely right, however since this is a TV show where science is thrown out the window, there is no need for direct answers.

Basically, for your appeasement though, here's what I gathered from the power. Its like a cloaking device that alters what others see but not what itself sees. That way the light hits the retinas so that he can see, but nobody else can. Unless you have the same cloaking ability, you are invisible to all. There. Does that answer it for you?

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
you're picking and choosing what forms of science these powers involve.

Like I said before, I don't talk about science at all. Just about an inner logic.

Quote:
Also, because its fantasy, their retinas can absorb light without being seen.

If they'd absorb the light, then everything behind the retinas would not be visible anymore, and as such the retinas would be visible as an area of blackness at least, a "hole" in the picture.

Quote:
Rather than pick apart the physics of everyone's powers (which is what you are doing by trying to fully understand them), just watch the show at face value and take it for what its worth.

Like I said before, I enjoy the show, and I know that it doesn't need to make sense to be entertaining. I also realize that there are no real answers to many of the questions I (or you in your last post) raised, but I don't see why any of this should disallow me from thinking about the superpowers presented in said show, or why it should prevent me from discussing them with others who watch it. And I also think that it would improve the script if the characters themselves would wonder about such things.
You try to disqualify my attempt to understand the superpowers by claiming that it is "immaterial" - but I couldn't stop doing it anyway. Of course I think about what I watch or read.

Quote:
But I guess you don't get my point

Maybe. Then what's your point?
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a hunch, but could the narrator actually be Linderman?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The narrator is not Linderman. Unless Mohinder Suresh is not really an Indian geneticist and actually a very powerful Las Vegas mob-like figure.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, Global, a Canadian network in my area, plays Heroes 1 day early. It shows on Sunday night. I know many of you are into the show and like finding spoilers before the show (as is done often over on the Lost thread). Well, since I have seen this week's episode, I can do a play by play.

I'll categorize it by character so that its one coherent story per main character rather than several sets of stories skipping between them. We'll start with Claire.

Claire Bennet

When we left off last week, the Haitian shot HRG and took his memory and was told to take Claire somewhere safe. The Hatian and Claire are at a roadside stop dicussing what they should do and when she can see her family again. The Hatian tells Claire it will be a long time and they should flee the country. They go to the airport where Claire is given a new identity, Vivian Lewis and she's from Canada. She dislikes it from the start. Claire asks if they can go to Peter Petrelli's place to hide because he's the only one she feels he can trust. The Hatian tells her no. They get to the gates and Claire gets through the security checkpoint. As the Hatian tries to get past, he can not find his passport and papers. Claire stole them and throws them away. The Hatian is left behind as Claire runs off. Claire somehow gets to New York and goes to Peter's apartment where Nathan and Peter's mother answers the door. She tells her that she's come at a bad time to fine Peter. But tells her to come in anyway, and says her name. This confuses her and she tells Claire that she is her biological grandmother and then begins talking in French. From around the corner comes the Haitian (Haiti is a french speaking country, so he knows french.) The hatian replies. My french is poor so I couldn't get what was said.

End Claire's Scene

Next, let's not stray too far from Claire's family and follow her adoptive father, HRG.

HRG

Like Claire, we last saw him on the bridge getting his memory erased after the Hatian shot him and ran away with Claire. Now we are in his company's lab and he is being questioned by that old guy who was at HRG's house when the fire happened. HRG tells him he can't remember squat and wants to find Claire and whoever took her. The creepy guy tells him that its not his assignment and that he should no longer try to find Claire. The man leaves the lab room and behind a mirror is Parkman tied up in a chair and next to him is the dark haired girl we saw in the lab before. Parkman tells both the girl and the creepy guy that HRG isn't lying. The guy tells Parkman thank you. When Parkman asks for his release he denies it and both he and the girl leave the room, leaving Parkman strapped to the chair.

The next scene shows HRG coming into a hotel room (Their house burnt down so they're living there now)and his wife is there talking about Mr. Muggles at some kennel because they can't have dogs in the hotel. HRG tells his wife that Claire is out on some retreat and can't be with them. HRG's wife walks into the bedroom and turns on the radio. She calls over HRG and begins whispering. She tells him that he came to her the day before and told her the whole truth about his real job, claire and the fake paper company and everything. HRG is ecstatic as he knows she can help him find Claire. She then says that he gave her a paper yesterday to give to him today. The paper reads "Do not try to find Claire. She is safe, do not worry" and its in his own handwriting. As they begin to talk more there's a knock at the door. Its the girl from the lab and she comes giving HRG a new assignment. Apparently Isaac called and needs help in New York City. He tries to get out of it but she insists he does it because thats how things work. HRG reluctantly accepts and goes to pack. The lady then walks into the room and starts to talk to HRG's wife and she plays dumb to the Paper company thing.

The next time we see HRG he is in New York. (This ort of spoils Isaacs scenario as they mesh here). Isaac opens the door to some NYC cops who are responding to an anonymous call saying they heard arguing and gunshots in the apartment and are looking for the where abouts of Simone Deveaux (they have her picture in their hands). As the cops enter the apartment to search it Simone walks in from behind the police askiing what the problem is. The cops do a check with the photo and see that Simone is in fact not missing so they leave. Soon HRG walks into the room and explains what just happened. Isaac looks stupified as he looks at Simone who then morphs into the Lab girl from earlier. (From now on I'm calling her the Dopplegang chick) Her poweers apparently are like Mystique from X-men, but she's not all blue skinned. Like Mystique, she can't change her eyes. Anyhow, HRg came basically to bail him out and keep him out of trouble. He tells Isaac that his people will come soon and fix everything. Simone will be on a "tour of Europe" permanantly. I guess Simone is really deadsies. Oh well, I didn't care for her anyhow.

The next HRG scene shows him coming back to the hotel room and his wife is in the bathroom doing her hair or something. He goes in and turns on the faucet and starts telling her how he is glad he can now confide in her and that the only way to get Claire back is to take down the organization. He tells her he feels bad that he had to lie to her for so long and she says something like we'll focus on getting Claire back and worry about us later. She then starts acting a bit suspicious and HRG figures it out. HRG's wife then morphs into the Dopplegang chick and HRG realizes he's busted. From another room enters the creepy guy and he doesn't look happy.

End HRG's Scenario

I'm going to do Isaac's scenario next because if you read all HRG's it sort of makes sense to.

Isaac Mendez

When we last saw Isaac, he just shot Simone twice. The show actualkly opens with this scene. Peter is holding Simone's body and carries her to a chair and lays her down. He tells Isaac that she's dead. Isaac blames Peter for her heath and pulls the gun on Peter again shooting at him. Peter runs and goes invisible again. Isaac yells for him to show himself but the last thing Isaac sees of Peter is the door to his place closing. Peter ran away.

The next scene with Isaac is the one I went over in HRG's scene. In case you didn't read it, I'll paraphrase it. Police show up saying someone called them. As they come to investigate the possible death of Simone, Simone enters the room and the police leave. HRG shows up and reveals that the second Simone is actually a Doppleganging chick and that he should lay low.

The final scene with Isaac shows him doing some Heroin and his eyes getting all crazy white. He starts painting. When he is done the camera pans out and its a picture of some guy with their head cut open and blood pouring out, a la Sylar's killing style.

End Isaac Scenario

Next, I want to do Nathan Petrelli, but it interferes too much with Jessica/Niki's that I'm really going to have to do both at once.

Niki/Jessica Sanders and Nathan Petrelli

Jessica's scenario begins with her playing video games with Micah before school. She sends him off to school and afterward looks into a mirror where we see Niki still trapped in the mirror on a door. Jessica makes a quip about being a better Niki that ever Niki could do. The door opens and D.L. walks out saying "You think you could keep this from me?" Jessica looks oddly at D.L and D.L pulls out a photo of Nathan Petrelli. He says it was on his pillow. Jessica gets mad asking if D.L. went through her stuff, but D.L. evades asking why she's going to Las Vegas. Jessica assures him that its a job to be a poker dealer and nothing more. She assures him that she'd never do anything she didn't want to. But since its Jessica, we know otherwise. After D.L leaves Jessica goes to another mirror and asks Niki if she was the one who put Peter's picture on D.L.'s pillow. Niki just smirks.

Nathan's scene opens with him in his office. He is being confronted by 2 FBI agents who tell him he needs to go to Las Vegas and wear a wire to trap Linderman and bust him. Nathan reluctantly agrees to do so (I think they gave him some ultimatum or something, I can't remember). As the FBI agents leave Nathan turns around to find Peter standing in his office. Peter tells Nathan about Simone's death and what he should do. Nathan tells him to relax and calm down. Nathan tells him he'll make an anonymous call to the police and gat Isaac busted, meanwhile Peter should find Suresh. Mohinder might be able to help him or at least be able to help him control the powers. The FBI knock at the door and Nathan answers it. It was just them with Nathan's ticket to Las Vegas. By the time Nathan turns around again to talk with Peter, he's gone.

Next scene with Nathan, we see him in Las Vegas. He meets up with Hiro at Linderman's casino. Hiro explains he's in a sticky situation and Nathan agrees to help (More details about Hiro later). Nathan approaches the security guards and gets Hiro past them. This scene was more for Hiro's progression, but it was also in Nathan's story too.

The following scene shows Nathan walking down a corridor talking over his wire to the FBI agents. The scene turns to the agents who are in a hotel room. After Nathan turns off the wire to rest the door opens from behind the FBI agents and its Jessica. She tells them to drop their weapons and explains that Linderman knows all about Peter's wiretap goals and that Linderman is not happy about them trying to get him. She then kills the agents.

The next scene with them has Nathan in his hotel room micing himself up again when he sees Jessica in his mirror. He turns around and there's Jessica pointing a gun at him. Or is it? She reveals herself as Niki and she has no clue how long she has before Jessica comes back. Nathan is confused but Niki explains that he is in serious trouble if he doesn't do the right things. She explains that the only way to stop Linderman is to kill him, because the wiretap won't work. When Nathan asks why, she says that Jessica killed them. He's confused but she gets him to trust her and tells him that killing Linderman is the only way to stop him.

The next scene begins in the hotel room again, just after the last one and Niki tells Peter to knock her out so that Jessica can't come after him. As she's about to explain it, Peter punches Niki in the face and she goes down for the count.

End Niki Scenario.

Peter is taken to an elevator where he is escorted, not to a suite or anything, but to the casino's kitchen. There we see Linderman for the first time, he is played by Malcolm MacDowell (Clockwork Orange and Caligola) He is cooking a Pot Pie. He says something about perfection isn't found and drivels on about happiness versus being important. He asks Nathan what he wants, and Nathan says both. Linderman explains that one can not have both and says stuff about happy peaople don't care of the past or future, but enjoy the present. Powerful people, people who are needed are unhappy because they live in the past and worry of the future. Peter then pulls a gun on Linderman. Linderman doesn't flinch and tells Peter that he can either take a deal or kill him. But if Peter kills him, he too will be gunned down in a matter of seconds. The deal is that Linderman can ensure that Peter gets elected and that in two years a "mishap" will happen that will place him within reach of the Presidency. Linderman says its okay to kill him, but he'd be giving up quite a future. Peter lowers his gun.

End Peter's Scenario.

Wow, that took more to write than I thought. Anyhow, the next step I think should be Hiro.

Hiro Nakamura

Hiro is seen in Las Vegas entering a casino. Its Linderman's casino and he goes up the lobby escalator and two security officials stop him saying he's been flagged and can not enter the floors of the casino. Hiro tries to tell them he has a package for Linderman that is very important. One guard takes him and throws him out of the casino. Hiro says in Japanese that bigger men have tried to stop himand failed, and this time will be no different and that he WILL get into the casino, he just doesn't know how.

Next Hiro scene is the one from Peter's scenario. He meets up with peter and tells him of his conundrum. Peter, having swag as a politician says he can help. He approaches the security guards with Hiro and tells then that Linderman is really waiting for the package and that he needs to get in. The security guys are hesitant and Peter threatens them with Lindernam's power saying it will be their heads if the package is not delivered. Hiro is then escorted to the collections room.

Hiro enters the collection room where he hands over the painting that Isaac did to the curator (who is working on the dead sea scrolls?!) The curator looks at the painting and gets mad that its torn, but Hiro says it was made that way to be unique. The curator takes in and walks into a back room. Swiftly Hiro slides over to the curator's computer and types in Sword, (Samurai's name I can't remember) The file comes up and a drawer on the wall mechanically opens. Hiro grabs a nearby ladder and climbs it. As he is about to reach in, the curator stops him. He holds a button, that if pressed will sound and all the guards in the casino will come running. He then immediately presses the button. He then calls to the guard over some electronic device that there's a theif trying to steal a sword.

The next scene has the curator asking if Hiro even knows the significance of the sword and who owned it. hiro replies saying the dude's name and that he was a Japanese hero. A guard comes rushing into the room and then knocks out the curator. Hiro looks at the guard and its Ando. Ando said that he couldn't abandon Hiro ever and that he knew he'd eventualy trip an alarm.

The next scene has Ando and Hiro blocking the only entrance to the room with a huge cabinet and the rest of the guards are barging on the dooor trying to get into the room. With haste Hiro grabs the sword from the shelf and rejoices. Ando tells Hiro to go and teleport away, he'll be okay. Hiro then says no and that he was wrong to have left him behind in the firstplace. He holds the sword, concentrates and a flash happens just as the security guards break through the doors. Hiro and Ando find themselves on a roof top, in New York City. Its all charred up and after the explosion. Hiro realizes hat he failed his mission because the bomb exploded. If he truly was in the future, he knew he could never stop the bomb.

End Hiro Scenario

Finally we'll do Peter and Suresh's scenes.

Peter Petrelli and Mohinder Suresh

We saw Peter at Isaacs, then Peter at Nathan's. So, that covers the most of Peter's scenes until later. Most of this will be about Mohinder and Sylar.

Suresh and Sylar are in his apartment and they are going over more names and people to find. Suresh tells Syalr that he's so close to finding the DNA needed for the master list. Sylar tells Suresh that he'll help by calling up some people and work along side Mohinder as an assistant. Mohinder goes to the stove and starts making some tea. Sylar drivels on about being worthless before and now he feels he can make a difference. Suresh brings over a cup of tea and hands it to Sylar. He says that in order to continue, he needs to be awake and caffeine should be the cure. Sylar drinks it after calling Isaac (he's the next name on the list, but his phone was busy) and Sylar asks what is the drink. Suresh says that its Chai. But then Suresh reveals that he knows Sylar is not Zane, but actually Sylar. Before Syalar can do anything he drops the cup of tea and falls down. Mohinder drugged it.

The next scene has Sylar tied up in a chair connected to an IV drip. Suresh explains that he saw on the internet that Zane was found dead three days ago, the day he supposedly met Zane. He then goes on to explain that inside the IV is a neurotoxin that prevents full brain function and halts powers or something like that. Suresh pulls a gun on Sylar and says he'll get retribution for his father's death, but first he needs Sylar's real DNA to test against the rest of the DNA. Syalr out of anger tells Suresh that his father trusted him with secrets about Mohinder's family, things his father couldn't evenn say to Mohinder. Things about his sister and how his father though he was weak. Suresh takes a needle and says to get a good DNA sample he'll need some spinal fluid, anf that its going to hurt a lot. He then sticks the needle into the back of Sylar's neck and Sylar screams.

The next scene has Mohinder using the DNA in the computer and Suresh tells Sylar that his DNA was his father's template all along and that with that sample he could find anyone and everyone who has powers. And now that Sylar's usefulness has worn off, he's going to kill him. Suresh draws a gun on Sylar and as he going to shoot Syalr starts spewing about things for second chances or some gobbledygook. Suresh scoffs and pulls the trigger citing revenge for his father. The camera pans from behind Sylar's head to the side where we see Sylar using telekinesis to stop the bullet. The bullet falls to the ground. Sylar explains that his pleas for second chances weren't to save his life, but to save Suresh's but he blew it. He then uses his jedi mind powers to unstrap himself. He explains that Suresh was so into his studies of the DNA that he didn't notice that Sylar turned off the IV drip. Tada, Sylar's got his powers back!

After consulting with his brother that Suresh could possibly help him, Peter goes to Mohinder's apartment to find him. As he enters the place is trashed. Papers all askew, lights tipped on their sides. Peter calls out for Mohinder but then feels a drip from the ceiling. He looks up and sees Mohinder bloody but alive on the ceiling. Mohinder with a scared looks says "Sylar! Sylar!". Peter turns around and there's Sylar staring at Peter. Using those ever useful telekinetic powers, he throws Peter against the wall. Sylar tells Peter he knows who he is and that his power is just like Sylar's but different. Sylar, with an insane look on his face says, "I'd like to see how that works." and with his finger, he points at Peter's head and begins cutting his skull. The camera drops to the ground where blood drips and a lock of Peter's hair falls to the ground.

To Be Continued appears on the screen. End of the show.

Thats the episode in its entirity. I have plenty to say about it, but my fingers are sore. Hope you enjoyed it!

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've downloaded that same episode and I must say: screw Marvel Civil War and DC's Infinite Crisis. This is the best comic book superhero story I've read/watched in quite awhile. There's quite a bit of the original Wildstorm Team 7 and Gen13 storylines in this season. HRG could almost be the John Lynch character with Claire being Fairchild. Linderman's group has the I.O. feel to it though instead of being a government organization it's a private one.

If it's true that there's only one episode left in the season then I have a feeling that it will end in a cliffhanger. I can't see the writers ending this storyline about preventing the nuking of NY to be tied up in one hour-long episode.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are 23 episodes this season. Tonight's (or last night's) was 18. There are five more episodes left.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I just found out that tonight's episode will be the last til the rest shows in April. Is it just me or does anyone else want to slap Peter Petrelli silly. Is he ever going to stop whining and bitching about how helpless he is.....boo hoo.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For those of you who are interested, the comic for heroes have been recently updated on the NBC website.
The comic contains a major spoiler, and I suggestion for people to check it out.

Spoilers:

I'm a bit annoyed that Austin felt that Dallas was right about killing the girl, but I guess everything goes in war, and anyone who helps the enemy, is the enemy. I was caught off by surprise though, that Linderman actually does have powers. I just thought he was a mob boss that knew everything. I kind of wonder if he's capable of healing himself.
I hope we get to see wireless again soon. It would be cool to see her in the episodes.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, just a week to go and Heroes shall be back with the rest of Season One's episodes. Next week can't come much faster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: