Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Headquarters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Delsaber wrote:
.. That would be a nice start; actually being able to choose where you want certain buildings placed would be even cooler, if done correctly.

And by having the buildings in a certain order, could give you a particular item, like the statue making in II did. Probably won't work, but it'd be interesting to see how such an idea would be implimented.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And by having the buildings in a certain order, could give you a particular item, like the statue making in II did. Probably won't work, but it'd be interesting to see how such an idea would be implimented.

The problem with that...is that the designers have to come up with something that LOOKS good no matter how you arrange it..while allowing them to look different enough to be "worth" customising.

IMO, that will mean a choice between a static-but-nice-looking castle and a customisable-bu-not-to-nice-looking castle.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dislike the idea of customizing the headquarter. For one, it would create problems with finding the location of the SoDs, and also the simple fact that I like Suikoden to focus on the storyline rather than making it like Sim Headquarter. There is also the idea of having a 'canon' Headquarter's look. Allowing to customize how the headquarter looks like would distract me more than it'd make me enjoy the game more.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh remember, gameplay also add more fun to the game, if Suikoden has already great story why don't Konami make great gameplay for Suikoden, it makes double the fun. Ofcourse what i mean is not like The SIMS but more simpler.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking more along the lines of simply starting with several vacant lots and being able to choose which store goes in which lot. This way, I could put all the stores I use the most in the same small section - blacksmith, armour dude, runemaster, etc. - while the trading post and other places I only visit once in a blue moon (pun totally intended) would go, I dunno, elsewhere. This would go a long way towards solving my usual problem with Suikoden's HQ system, that being the arrangement of its contents.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So a headquarters that works kind like how a village i built in dark Cloud/chronicle, it is an interesting concept, but i don't think it would work for Suikoden, but if it was put as just an option and that you don't have to do it, it could work.

I personally would like the HQ to start of as a village and be built up into a town etc, it just feels like these castles spring up from no where (sometimes literally) and just grow even if it feels like there is on one living there besides the 108 stars or however many you have at that time. Non of the HQs ever felt like they had the entire army plus a lot of civilians living there, i think a village/town would work to bring that feeling, plus you know it might not be abandoned at the end like the rest of the HQs
kupet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we can see why in every suikoden games the headquarters is always near water or on water because it refer from the title "SUIKODEN" if im not forget the meaning is the story of water frontier or side of water and if i wrong please remind but the meaning is contain about water so for me my new headquarter will be castle near a lake or seashore or i want the new headquarters is in the underground with the gate is behind the waterfall and because it behind the waterfall it has cliffs on it side it will be for setlement
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wouldn't people die if they live too long underground (lack of fresh air, sunshine, etc)? Having the gate behind a waterfall would be interesting, but I do wonder if it'd be efficient for war purposes or not. I mean, technically it'd be very easy for the enemy to just "block" the gate and leave the SoDs stuck inside with no way out (and then die because of no air to breathe).

Regarding the Headquarter customization, I think I'd like it very much if it's more like Dragon Warrior VII's town system in which the town's look is decided based on the villagers that we recruited. Each "look" would have their own ups and downs while the default look would be the one with no ups, but no downs either.

Maybe something like:
If recruited many "Trader" type of villagers, the HQ would have more items to sell
If recruited many "Scholar" type of villagers, the HQ would sell extra types of runes, but less armor (magic vs brute power balancing).
If recruited many "Fighter" type of villagers, the HQ would have more armors to sell, but less runes on sale.
And so on.

Just a thought. >.>

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My thoughts about the new headquarters in Suikoden 6 are that i think they should keep the traditional castle format, but to make it interesting i recon it should fly in the sky just to heat things up in the game.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There has to be water near the castle, remember, or it sorta renders the name "Suikoden" useless.

I'd love to see a castle built behind a waterfall. It would work perfectly... there would be a tunnel to reach it from the cliff, and on the cliff there would be one of those mini game guys offering you a kind of diving minigame.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to see a Japanese castle with some cherry blossoms around it... that'd be nice. I'm getting in touch with my nature side.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has there been any sign in the all the past games of architecture that actually resembles feudal Japan in style and look?

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yashuna Village seemed very Japanese in design, some far east motifs at the least. The whole hot spring thing was very Eastern as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention a whole section of Toran/Scarlet Moon, where Mathiu was teaching.

so far, we've had a giant rock fortress, an abandoned ghost town with a castle, a mansion with lots of land and a crashed ship, a working ship, and a sindar castle. I'd prefer not to see a castle, but more of a large Mansion, like Suikoden III. I liked how there was lots of land, and even though it was compeletely run-down, it was still an interesting sight.

I liked the waterfall idea. That would be interesting, and quite pretty. I think a feudal Japanese castle would be pretty as well.

I'd propose, as I said above, a different type of Mansion. Perhaps a very small island that a mansion and lots of land is located? I liked how more buildings were added according to whatever characters were recruited at that time in Suikoden III. Though, the same happened in Suikoden II.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know it may sound weird, but a mixture of feudal Japan and feudal Europe may not be a bad idea. Think of it as a mix of Zexan and Toran. Something along those likes.

The waterfall must happen. There could be so many good scenes from the game with a waterfall in the backdrop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: