Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Headquarters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to mention such a castl HQ would mean the necessity of having a dwarf or dwarfs to become part of the Tablet of Fates. Since it would fall to these engineering little guys to help expand the HQ from its basic beginnings to the fortress it'll become. It's either that or make it another Sindar ruins found during the adventures of the Tenkai and his companions. Either way it would make for a great Castle HQ.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the idea of this cliff-based HQ. Definitely unique. I like the idea of expanding via tunnels too. And for an elevator... an outdoors elevator would look really neat (and in this case, be extremely practical).

For a bit of variety, it could be more like a canyon with a river running through the bottom. And you could access the river as another means of travel (or for fishing and the like).

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like the next suikoden HQ have a Castle then outside is a city where you can plays your rune shop,item shop,armor shop and etc...i more like it than an ordinary Castle... :idea: :idea: :idea:
EggMan

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The cliffside HQ sounds very interesting, it would have to ahve dwarfs like Tullaryx said, but its not like they're not all over the world - they're on the Northern and Southern Continents so far. I would like one to eventually be in the sky, a floating HQ would be amazing, though not practical - I dont see how people would get there unless the country was populated by a race that can fly.

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also like the Cliffside idea, especially since if it is inside a canyon of some sort. In fact, if the canyon were small enough, the dwwarves could build a sort of bridge and build on the other side as well. It'd be nice to have an HQ make an expansion like that.

Oh, and a new idea ocurred to me while writing this post! How having a fortress HQ on a giant bridge kinda like that city in Suikoden Tactics. Of course, it would have it's limitations what with the possility of the enemy attacking both sides, thus trapping the enemy inside. Still, it'd make for an interesting option, and the strategist can take care of all thew shortcomings of it when the situation requires it.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EggMan wrote:
The cliffside HQ sounds very interesting, it would have to ahve dwarfs like Tullaryx said, but its not like they're not all over the world - they're on the Northern and Southern Continents so far. I would like one to eventually be in the sky, a floating HQ would be amazing, though not practical - I dont see how people would get there unless the country was populated by a race that can fly.

Or its a Sindar ruin that suddenly was activated upon discovery and rose up into the sky. Movement in and out of the floating HQ would be by some sort of teleportation. Better yet the castle HQ and the bedrock its set on won't start rising up into the air until Viki joins the group. Until then it just sits grounded like any old castle HQ.

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll probably have some kind of water element to it since most of them (actually... I think all of them) have been either in, around, or next to water. I think it would be cool for the HQ in Suikoden VI to be sort of like the HQ in Suikoden I except with see-through Sindar tunnels going through the lake so you could get scenes of your characters going underwater in clear tunnels or something. It could make for a cool escape or enemy infiltration scene.

Other than that I would prefer most of the HQ be vertical instead of really spread out like it is sometimes. Something like a tower with about 6 floors and a few basements or something. It would have to have a few sub levels for accessing it's tunnels and whatever aquatic characters (be them monster or human/elf/etc) you've recruited.

Also... maybe the whole thing is a big Sindar device or something and they don't realize it until the castle is in it's final stage of development where it's at it's tallest. They could go up to the top and look down at it (with whichever mechanical characters you have like the elevator guy) and realize that it's a device of some kind that will play a role in an upcomming war battle.

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It'll probably have some kind of water element to it since most of them (actually... I think all of them) have been either in, around, or next to water. I think it would be cool for the HQ in Suikoden VI to be sort of like the HQ in Suikoden I except with see-through Sindar tunnels going through the lake so you could get scenes of your characters going underwater in clear tunnels or something. It could make for a cool escape or enemy infiltration scene.

That'd really make for a beautiful visual experience for sure. Imagine the beautiful scenes that could take place in those see-through tunnels. I don't know, it just seems like a great visually beautiful idea.

However, I don't really agree that the next HQ should be another Sindar ruin. I don't know about the next HQ being Sindar ruins. I'd prefer it if it was an ancient castle of some sort with a lot of political importance to the land whatever nation is the setting for the next installment.

As for a castle that floats in the sky for an HQ, I really don't know. I mean, it would basically be invincible since we all know flying isn't a commodity in the Suikoden world. Sure, it would look all cool and whatnoot, but to me it would make for an uninteresting HQ storywise. WHo would attack a caslte like that? The Dragon Knights? I don't know, i just seems like an unlikely situation. Now, if it was a regular city in the game, it'd be quite fun to explore, especially if it has a lot of importance to the region where the game takes place. Kinda like that city in Xenogears(crap, I forgot it's name).
Lord Rengo

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Zelphiel stated, it'll probably be in, near, or around water of some sort. Unless there isn't any travel by water, I can guarantee that the headquarters will be around a source of water so you can have a boat (let's hope IT isn't the boat). You need to be able to travel by boat. All of the games have that (with the exception of the point-and-click map of Suikoden III, instead you had a boat crashed in your HQ).

Something I would want for an HQ would definately be fully customizable HQ. You pick where the war room is, where the stores go, etc. Of course, I want a Castle Builder Sim game, so that just might be me. Of course, my fantasy castle will not happen, so I just want a castle that grows nicely. I would prefer it not to be Sindarin since that's a little bit overrused in the series.
granpaturtle

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want a landlocked castle
if you have to seek out an open port somewhere to get water access, that would make for an interesting political scene. Especially if you had to maintain good relations with said port town in someway...
Suikoden 6 needs to be deep...I want a ridiculous rpg
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like the Headquarter to be more of a town than anything else. The location wouldn't bother me much, anywhere would be fine as long as it makes sense. But I want it to resemble a fully functional town complete with some villagers living within the town too. In a sense, it would be similar to Suikoden II's North Window, but would hopefully be even more elaborate than that.

I think having the headquarter to be like Stormfist would be something that I would like. There would be the "castle" part as the last defense of the headquarter, but there would be the town area as well to show that it's not just for army purpose only. It would also make much sense to have the town part and villagers living there if the story involves villagers to take refuge within the headquarter.

Having villagers and town area could also be used to implement a sidequest or two to add even more story and gameplay into the game. Or adding a mini-game where once in a while there would be villagers that would come into the castle area with their "problems" and we would be required to solve their problems by doing it (say like how Kent got lost in Suikoden II, in Suikoden VI the villager can come up to the castle to ask us to find their missing son), and so on.

So yeah, for me, I'd like a town-like headquarter so that there's a feel of "being at home" when we are at the headquarter.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

suikoaddict

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in my opinion the new headquarter in suikoden VI should be a castle then outside is a town where you can place your rune shop,item shop,armor and weapon shop etc...its more like ruling a city i more like tahn an ordinary castle
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the last posters. I thought Suikoden II's headquarter was pretty cool and I liked the headquarter of Suikoden III. The thing I don't like is to walk (later use the dear technic) to go from level 4 to the cellar. I think it isn't that great to walk stairs and the later used technic is boring.

I would like to have all my shops and stuff as a town, everything plain and only one room above the first floor inside a house. Since this would make the whole village rather big it would require some kind of train or something to travel fast from one point of the town to the other end. That would be cool.

The Fool
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep i agree too we need a town than a castle. Hehehe just like Dark Cloud series, it's good and fun too.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about the town idea, but it would be pretty cool if the player had more customization options over their HQ. Skies of Arcadia touched on this a little bit. You could recruit a carpenter to change the architectural style of your buildings. That would be a nice start; actually being able to choose where you want certain buildings placed would be even cooler, if done correctly.

Still, I much prefer the cliffside idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: