Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (from the makers of Odin Sphere)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Oboro Muramasa Youtouden (from the makers of Odin Sphere) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Vanillaware's new project for the Wii. I wasn't hugely pleased with Odin Sphere, but maybe the tweaking of the Odin Sphere engine they're promising will help it. No announced US release, but I'd bet someone will pick it up.

Last edited by Leb on Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Caesar

39525 Potch
23 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vanillasoft's philosophy is it's totally OK to sacrifice frame rate if large breasts are involved. Breasts are cool and all, but not if they're going to lag the game like crazy. Let's hope they ditch the aforementioned philosophy this time around, and come up with a more convenient way of rendering gigantic breasts in-game.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I may just resize this image or slice it up into more manageable pieces.
Cleife

Sand Raider

142654 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I really hope it will come out for PS2 instead for Wii XP.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see how or why, but... you keep on hoping!
Caesar

39525 Potch
23 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cleife wrote:
Well, I really hope it will come out for PS2 instead for Wii XP.

Don't think the PlayStation 2 could handle it. There were parts, as I mentioned in a previous post, where it could barely handle Odin Sphere. I'd rather see it on the XBox 360 or PlayStation 3, though.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would agree. I don't intend to get a Wii, and this game looks pretty good. I can't imagine needing Wiimote functionality for such a game, anyway!

Edit: I didn't play Odin Sphere. What were the problems?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Caesar

39525 Potch
23 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
I would agree. I don't intend to get a Wii, and this game looks pretty good. I can't imagine needing Wiimote functionality for such a game, anyway!

Edit: I didn't play Odin Sphere. What were the problems?

The remote is one of the main reasons I really don't have much interest in the Revolution. I find it annoying.

As for the problems, certain parts, specifically, the fight with Odette, had slowdown issues because of how large and fluid Odette was. There may have been some other areas where it was prominent, but I can't recall.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So basically they had more on screen than the engine, or perhaps the system, could handle?

Caesar

39525 Potch
23 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
So basically they had more on screen than the engine, or perhaps the system, could handle?

Yes. Shadow of the Colossus also had the same problem. And Grandia II, ironically enough.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could see why Shadow of the Colossus would!

Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This looks interesting. Is it going to have a similar engine as Odin Sphere (growing seeds, item based etc.) but for the Wii? I wonder how they're gonna involve the Wii controller... Is it even going to be an RPG?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: