Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Alternate Unites (Very Minor Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually there's a good question... what's the maximum level of a unite [to answer the other half of your question, Nutflush, it takes ten battles with both people fighting, which is also how long you need to fight together to learn the unite to begin with], and what is the precise benefit in levelling? I heard the description text doesn't change, but does the actual effect change? Does it do more damage in any notable fashion...? And has anyone been actually bored enough to do the calculations to determine at what rate it increases with each level up?
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it does more damage at least. That's what I noticed when I was using Pirate Attack a lot, but it could have been due to leveling up or something.

Another possibility is that leveling up the unite attack might make the attack faster (meaning, it takes less time for it to trigger in a round.)
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Carabbit wrote:
I think it does more damage at least. That's what I noticed when I was using Pirate Attack a lot, but it could have been due to leveling up or something.

Another possibility is that leveling up the unite attack might make the attack faster (meaning, it takes less time for it to trigger in a round.)

Interesting; I had not considered the possibility. Increasing the speed of the attack would be most invaluable. I wonder if it would be possible to set up test conditions. too bad there are no monsters that can hope to challenge you at level 99. I could ensure unchanging stats by testing at that level, and see if the Unite has a tendancy to happen earlier in the round. Actually... I suppose the training room itself could do the trick, but I'm not sure, as you'd be facing a different grouping of opponants each time. Hmm. It does bear thought, though.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it ups the overall stats of the unite attack (such as speed and damage done). I guess we have no way to confirm that yet....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The maximum level of a unite attack is 3.

It takes 10 battles to get level 1 (and actually be able to see it in on the formation screen, and use it).

It takes 20 more battles to get level 2 and 20 more battles after that to get level 3.

I think the level might have something to do with the failure rate, because I have never seen a failure and I use them quite a bit, but I only used Friendship Attack a few times below level 3, and every one I never really used until it was past level 3.

There does seem to be a slight increase in damage though, not too major, but a bit. However, that is just from using Friendship Attack, I haven't really tried testing it out much.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The damage on double sword attack seems like increase at 1.5x from level one to level three but that could be me getting stronger too I guess.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strange... Unites can fail? I wonder what Nymph Attack will do?

Viki and Millay will somehow fail to seduce the enemy and Viki teleports you out ofbattle? Hmmm....

I didn't notice any change in the level-up though... But I guess there is more damage...

------------------------------
Somewhat off-topic:

Nymph Attack fanart[url]

Just wanted to show this somewhere... But please stay on topic anyway, guys!
-----------------------------

I have to wonder what will happen if 'Nymph attack' does fail... Hmmm

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dear Christ, there's a Nymph attack? And Viki's part of it? Please, please, -please,- tell me it was called something else in Japan. What Millay does on her own time is her own business, but I cannot imagine Viki fitting into that category in the slightest. That's... disturbing to think of.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am pretty sure that it increases damage and also changes the visual a bit. When I leveled double sword attack it was doing more damage and the tornadoes got bigger with each level.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Dear Christ, there's a Nymph attack? And Viki's part of it? Please, please, -please,- tell me it was called something else in Japan. What Millay does on her own time is her own business, but I cannot imagine Viki fitting into that category in the slightest. That's... disturbing to think of.

I think we're confusing terms here... possibly as the result of a mind jumping to what it associates words with? :roll:

I mean, do we really think that Konami or its, admittedly poor, translators would actually sanction the naming of an unite the Nymphomaniac Attack? Honestly.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that and I think it did have a slightly different name prior to translation, at least I read it did. My memory's all off today (possibly due to large amounts of alcohol consumption last night :D) but I swear I read it somewhere as something not nearly as suggestive as Nymph attack.

I'd look for where it was but I'm just far too lazy to put in that sort of effort, sorry!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How is the word 'nymph' suggestive anyway? Unless you've a gutter mind. Hell, I DO have a gutter-mind and even I never made such a bogus connection!

A nymph is generally a description for a beautiful girl, the term coming from the ancient mythological term describing minor deities represented as beautiful maidens. Each member of the Nymph Attack fits that description, including Viki. That's all. I mean, it's so obvious, it could only be more obvious if it came up to you and head-butted you in the face.

I'm probably going over-board but this sort of non-sensical innuendo is just so annoying.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, obviously it's slightly suggestive in the fact that some people have made the association between the words Nymph, Nympho, Nymphomaniac. I mean, it's not like we all now think that Viki and Millay spend all their time off screen going at it with Nalkul and Champo or something.

I'm sure no one meant to annoy you by associating a word to something which might not have been the exact meaning but is definitely something relatively close.

Edit: 2 Typos

Last edited by Exile on Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But it's not. Yeah, the word itself is similar but

1) It's obvious this isn't a "heh it sounds like nympho" lame joke post, it's an actual mix-up

2) The meanings behind the words are completely different. The connection only being gender.

Anyone who sees the world 'Nymph' and automatically assumes 'Nymhomaniac' needs to re-evaluate their thought processes. Hey, it's what Harukaze automatically assumed it meant, Millay and Viki 'getting it on' and all.

EDIT: And that's all I'm saying on the matter. It's a foolish connection to make especially on a forum where you can re-read posts to make sure you saw what you thought you saw.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, fair enough. Well it all seems like a misunderstanding anyway and no offence was meant at any point I'm sure, probably best to just glaze over the issue and not worry about it. We all have our pet hates...you just try to leave my tv on standby and not turn it off properly...

*Tries to get forum back more onto it's original topic*

I've not seen one alternate unite attack yet...I only used true friend and double sword attack I want to see Lino get shot and everyone seems to be going on about the Gau/Dario one so I'll have to have a go at seeing that once my PS2 is going properly again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: