Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music 2.5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihilive

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music 2.5 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been following this guy since this guide was in it's infancy, and I've actually talked to the guy on a few occasions, and he's very cool/talented. I've always been a fan at how well he puts everything together pretty well, albeit not perfect, because it's impossible for perfection with this.

http://www.ishkur.com/music/

I can sit on this thing for hours reading about it. My favorite is Trance > The Whole Industrial Section, but I've been listening to industrial music for most of my life. Rotterdam is also really cool.

The first one on Jpop feels like there should be a pokémon flying through the air. Also, the whole Jpop genre makes me think the singers ate a pound of sugar or took a bunch of speed. It makes my head hurt.

I've been saying what he says about Japan for a long time! I always said it's like the bizarro world of the United States. They do everything the same as us, just really weird.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay. Ishkur's guide is pretty great. For those who don't know what it is, it's (a mostly sarcastic) categorization of all forms of electronic music. If you've ever wanted to know what the difference between Melodic Trance, Symphonic Trance, Progressive Trance, and Progressive-Ambient Trance was, this guide will make fun of you. ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: