Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 3:The succesor of fate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 3:The succesor of fate Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being a suiko fan i got the recently released magna by tokyo pop. IT goes thru the suiko 3 storyline in a less convoluted way and is pretty cool. (and aside from Sailor moon comics, this is the first manga i've ever read) The first volume goes thru the events of hugo and Fubar's first meeting, early hard ships of Chris lightfellow and the death of cpatain galahad and vice captain perez. It also covers the ball in which lilly and chris meet (theres some nice sexual undertow in the scene too between chris and lilly (damn there both hot) Any way i just finished reading it and i was a little dismayed to see the current editor in chief of suikosource be the one to write the preface for the magna. It should have been the venerable Blue Moon to have done this since he after all founded that site and this one along with schooling all of us in the world in suiko. But aside from that it was good over all, it will take some getting used to to reading from right to left however. meh anyway what are you thoughts on it?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't yet read it, but that's because I have no idea where to find them. I guess I could use the internet, but I'd rather check Borders or Barnes and Noble first. Anyone know if either of those stores stock them?
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well here in Wisconsin, I can go to GameStop, Sun Coast, or some book store in the mall, to get Magnas. As for issues with Suikoden, I yet need to see one. Oh ya, I love the reading pages left<--right, It took me a while the first time I read one to figure the reading pattern. :roll:
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got my copy in borders and you will probally find it in barns and noble as well. I believe suncoast has it as well.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I would ike to see is events that take place after Suikoden III, and further document what could happen between Thomas and Cecille (is it me or do I see a possible relationship brewing between the two?), it'd have to take place like 5 - 10 years after S3 for it all to make sense in my books though, hee hee.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got my first Japanese copy from a bookstore called Iwase.
It was about 15 cdn, so expensive compared to some other books that are around 11 cdn.

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Serious. Where do you live Dragon? (In Canada of course)
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the series ^^ Its so much easier to find that dojinshi, it is.
Sure, its not PERFECT, but its good. I eagerly await new issues, either in Japanese or English ((we have 1-5 in Japanese and 1 in English. Once we get our paycheck cashed we can buy vol6 in Japanese, wai ^^)).

One thing I miss in the English version is the pictures on the spines of the books. That type that when you get them all together they'll make up a big picture--you see that on video/DVD series alot. I was really hoping that Tokyopop would find a way to keep that, I was. Atleast they kept the color pages in the begining.

Man with big Jeane's tits av ;P wrote:
and i was a little dismayed to see the current editor in chief of suikosource be the one to write the preface for the magna. It should have been the venerable SARSadmin to have done this

No, it shouldn't have. Its prefectly fine as it is--I think they did a good job with the essay in the begining and it was very cool to read even though I already knew all of that. If SARSadmin had wanted to do something like that I'm sure he'd have contacted Tokyopop to do so.
Just cause it wasn't SARSadmin ((myu...need a smaller form of name for me to use...)) doesn't mean it isn't good. Its perfect as it is--please support the current admins of Suikosource! They're trying very hard to be just as good or better than it was back when SARSadmin was running the place
*I am not sucking up. That statement actaully annoyed me*
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least they did bother themselves with ensuring that the manga is consistent with the game...
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought the only english one out today, and I loved it. The artist's rendition of captain galahad was especially cool, since you never knew what he looked like in Suikoden 3. I wonder when volume 2 comes out.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English volume two comes out 7/13.
...when does Japanese volume 7 come out? Or is it already out and I'm two behind instead of one?
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Japanese Vol 7 will come out at the end of July, I believe

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun_Quan wrote:
What I would ike to see is events that take place after Suikoden III, and further document what could happen between Thomas and Cecille (is it me or do I see a possible relationship brewing between the two?), it'd have to take place like 5 - 10 years after S3 for it all to make sense in my books though, hee hee.

I'm counting on Suikoden V to show us at least SOME of those...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: