Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Which Creature Would You Be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Creature Would You Be?
Lycan{Werewolf}
25%
 25%  [ 13 ]
Vampire
47%
 47%  [ 24 ]
Centaur
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Satyr
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Mermaid
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 51

Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was about to pick Lycan, but then I realized how it terrible it sounded. You're a normal human 98% of the time, and the one day you do get is filled with pain, rage, and total loss of self control.

I love the sun, so I could never be a vampire. Not to mention, I hate the taste of blood.

Centaurs are cool, but not cool enough for me to want to be one. It seems like it'd be hard to get around, you know? And then I bet all these kids would keep trying to ride you, and you'd rear back and throw one of them off, then the parents would sue... Ugh. So not worth the trouble.

Mermaids, on the other hand, are only plagued by a limited circle of friends. I can deal with that. c: So I'd be a mermaid.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoops. To all those who wanted featherfolk I was thinking of a way to put them on there without calling them something lame like Angels. I settled on the DC Comics term Thanagarians, like Hawk Girl and Hawkman who had wings. Just something to get the point across. I guess I forgot to add that option to the poll because I know I typed it in. Sorry to yall who want wings, I was trying to get a diverse group of choices but I I overlooked inputting one command.

Myself, I'd probably go with Centaur. What kind of man wouldn't want to be "a man, but built like a horse from the waist down"? They are known to be archers, like Sagitarius(butchered spelling) in the constellations is an Archer and Centaur. I'd run and shoot and live off the land and be known for my wisdom. Likewise, Centaurs in Greek mythology had a tendency to get very wild and simultaneously very intoxicated. So it's not all good. Centaurs can't hold their liquor well, it's a trade of I'd be willing to make.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm having some trouble deciding between Lycan and Vampire. I think it really depends on which variant of either one I'd become, therefore which rules I'd have to follow. I only know of traditional werewolf legends and that's not something I'd willfully choose to be considering that the only benefit would come in the form of a three-day transformation (give or take various factors) at the cost of a total loss of self-awareness and control. If you think about it, a 72-hour drinking binge would provide the same effect, minus the significant possibility of eating someone.

I've got a little more to go on in the case of vampires. The traits common to all forms regardless of author or franchise include improved strength (somewhat relative to what you had before), a much faster healing rate, immortality or something very close to it, weaknesses to sunlight, fire, beheading and wooden stakes (also garlic and holy water in some cases and silver in the Blade universe, although I consider that to be an error.) In the case of the Buffyverse, there's also something resembling a vampire hierarchy with the most ancient surviving members of the race gradually improving in power and becoming less human in appearance; The Master in the first season had some vague telepathic abilities and could even cause minor earthquakes.

I think I'll go with the vampires, but only if I can retain my soul. I'll go with the Buffyverse laws of nature as I'm most familiar with those, plus I find Blade to be generally uninteresting (to say nothing of the Anne Rice novels, bleh.)

Last edited by Delsaber on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't stand werewolves, I've never understood the fascination behind them. I don't know why.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
I can't stand werewolves, I've never understood the fascination behind them. I don't know why.

It's about rage, strength, and ferility. Werewolves are the common choice of men who are focused on raw strength and "manliness" whereas vampires are the more common choice of goth kids and guys who have had too much exposure to weird females that dig vampires (Nevermind, all women dig vampires.) Werewolves also have the appeal of being socially acceptable for all but twelve nights of the year while still offerring a connection to the mystic world. Best of both worlds you see.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
Yvl wrote:

It's about rage, strength, and ferility. Werewolves are the common choice of men who are focused on raw strength and "manliness" whereas vampires are the more common choice of goth kids and guys who have had too much exposure to weird females that dig vampires (Nevermind, all women dig vampires.) Werewolves also have the appeal of being socially acceptable for all but twelve nights of the year while still offerring a connection to the mystic world. Best of both worlds you see.

I'm still not getting it. I sorta see, but... well, let's put it this way: I'm a guy and I shave my legs.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you go into the werewolf beserker state and go on a mass spree of whatever in control of your actions or not, it's nice to have two completely different lives so to speak since for the other choices on the poll it's a lot more obvious if you're whatever they are.

Ripping people to pieces in a gruesome and bloody way is always nice to me.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:

Ripping people to pieces in a gruesome and bloody way is always nice to me.

Ah! That's what it is! Shredding was never my thing. I alway prefer the ability to use weapons to slice my foes and torment them before they fall before me. Or be a sexy thing that lives in the water, one of the two.

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

werewolves are really cool in the fact that they can transform into something monstrous but I've always loved the mystique that surrounds vampires. if I had the choice I would choose to be a vampire without thinking twice about it.

Nimble Jack wrote:
Bat-thing kicked way more ass throughout the film though.

true... but those hybrids weren't exactly good representatives of the races of vampires or werewolves.

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, even in the movie they weren't similar to any of the others. Both the original werewolf and vampire were far stronger than any of the others. I thought that it was very strange how the bat-thing transformed into his winged state, he was the only vampire in the movie that could transform and unlike other vampire stories he didn't turn into a bat he turned into batman with killer wings. The wussifcation (if you will) of the werewolves was sort of explained in the movie, more like blamed on, by evolution. And it was a nice touch that the people that the original werewolf killed turned into werewolves that needed killing at the end.

The discrepency of what exactly a werewolf or a vampire is is one of the reasons I chose to be a satyr. There was also the fact that satyrs are by far the most hippy of the group though, and that was appealing as well.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Mermaid is female and generally a weak creature so I certainly wouldn't like to be that...

A Satyr is a horny mischievous creature that wouldn't fit my current self, or what I would like to be, so no...

I can only think of two positives of being a Centaur, the first is that I will be able to run really fast and the second is *censored*. :)

A Vampire has a gap in the weakness/strength ratio, meaning that for every good part there's a bad part, so would I like to become a Vampire?

It depends really, not all Vampires in fiction are the same, when they manage to overcome the weakness of the sun and water and pretty much become all powerful near god creatures then yes, I wouldn't mind to be one, considering that the negatives remaining will be the pale skin, the need for blood and the pointy teeth. What I'm I saying, all those are a plus!

I've left Lycian the last because it seems to come without a great price, especially if you can control it at will, but players of the new Altered Beast game from Sega, would know that the transformation can be extremely painful...

I can't really answer the poll, as usually I overanalyze things, it depends on what sort of creatures we are talking about, a Vampire Grunt or Dracula...
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've long wished to be a vampire, in a non-gothy sort of way. There are a lot of conflicting representations of vampires, such as some that burn up in the sun, whilst others can walk freely in the light but at the cost of their improved strength and other powers.

The cross myth (within the myth of vampires that is) is usually debunked as vampires can often be depicted as having no adverse effects.

As for garlic, the reasoning behind it seemingly having an effect is because vampires are usually described as having a much improved sense of smell, and with garlic being a rather potent smelling bulb as it is, imagine the smell 20x or greater. You can see why a vampire wouldn't want to be around it much, but it doesn't affect their powers any.

Wooden stakes through the heart certainly are effective ways of killing vampires, but who wouldn't die after taking a stake through the heart?

Also, the only way that a vampire can turn others into vampires is if the vampire doing the biting is one of the ancient pure blood vampires. In other words, those that are changed typically won't be able to change those that they bite.

So, what would be the pros? Well, I'm a person of the night, I dislike the daytime, so having a power boost during the time when I'm usually active anyways is very appealing. Plus vampires have complete immunity to human diseases. No cancer, no AIDS, none of that stuff, hence the appearance of immortality. The ability of transformation into bats is debatable, it's more common to see them transform into a mist. Plus, they're just plain charming. The blood drinking may take a little getting used to, but if that's all I gotta get over for all the other stuff, then I'm all for it.

~Uguu!~
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Werewolf is the common choice for people who answer if they are asked what animal they soul partner would be tiger, wolf(!), lion, butterfly, dolphin. eagle or hawk for example. Most people like to think of themselves as strong and/or smart and/or beautiful.
I don't know many people who would answer this question by nominating a donkey a rat or a sand rat. I personally prefer underdogs and that tell something about me as well.

By the way, are Satyrs those creatures ultimately connected to nature? I am not sure, but then this would be my choice, since werewolf are beside the sheer strength and wildness rather boring, I do not want to live in the ocean and I don't like horses very much. Ah, not to forget vampires... Living only at night? That would be horrible formy electricity bill and I don't want to sneek into virgin's sleeping rooms, no matter how stylish I am and what transformations I am able to do.

The Fool
SierrasKnight

463 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vampire, since im already a night person it wouldnt effect me much negatively.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now why would a vampire need to have a high electricity bill. I'd always thought that being a supernatural creature of the night meant having excellent night vision. With such a pair of night-seeing eyes why should there be a need to have alot of lights on when a few would suffice not to mention candles lit to set that oh-so romantic ambiance to help lull one's food into calmness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: