Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What languages do you speak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm obviously pretty fluent in English. I can also speak some Spanish, having taken three years of it in middle school through high school. It's been some five years since I last took a Spanish class so I've forgotten a lot of it, but I can still understand a lot of it. I just can't speak or type it very well.

I'd love to learn Japanese and Italian, though. I just can't find the time right now between school and video games.

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dang I can only speak English, but next year I will begin to take French classes. I will now crawl under a large rock.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I am from Kuwait, which is an Arabian country, there is no doubt that I speak Arabic, also I am fluent in English, I have studied French in high school, but it did not pay me any good.

I can understand Indian very well but can not pronounce it's words that good.

I am really trying with all my heart to learn ancient Egyption hieroglyphics but it is too hard for me to remember.

I think if I improve my self in the previous languages, I would love to learn to write and speak Japanese.

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only language I'm fluent with is English but I get confused or mixed up at certain things with my grammar sometimes. I use tagalog (I'm Filipino) to communicate with my sister-in-law when necessary but my grammer is all wrong. :oops:
I've learned French in my 5 years of high school and I'm still pretty bad, speaking-wise, but I'm ok with reading.
The rest, Japanese and Cantonese, are not my strong points. I taught myself to read japanese with a traveller's pocket book (I think I memorized most the katakana and hiragana...) but I can't speak the language. Reading Japanese, however, is much better than me reading Chinese...dunno why...
And, even though I'm exposed to the Chinese community, I can barely understand what they're talking about. I've taught myself a few basic words from watching chinese shows and learned the language in my 6 years of elementary school...but I think I forgot most of them now, so I'm back to the basics...but I don't think I have a big problem with pronounciations so I can have a small chitchat with the locals :P
Icebergin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm wanting to take Japanese language classes, but I currently speak fluent English and semi-fluent Spanish

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i speak english and Hmong. im even better at hmonglish.(using both languages at same time)
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only languages I`ve mastered in any way are Norwegian(mother tongue) and English. My English vocabulary and understanding are pretty decent, but my pronounciation isn`t the best. I normally read and listen to a lot of English, but I rarely get the chance to speak it, so...

I`m also capable of having a very basic conversation in Welsh, and I`ve recently started learning Japanese. I`m still a complete novice, though...the only things I know are the hiragana and katakana, plus some basic sentences and verbs. I`ve also had French lessions for three years in high school...it was my favourite subject at the time but I`ve forgotten most of it now.

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English fluently, and I'm 1/5 fluent in french. I know a lot of verbs, their conjugations in all but the subjunctive tenses, and about 300 words.

I know most of the conjunctions, prepositions, and some of the nouns.
I know a whopping 5 pronouns and dont know how to structure my sentenses that well, but I could survive in Québec if it came down to it.
Ted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is some finnish words and sentences, which can be useful when you meet someone from Finland, or go to there or just for funny. ^_^

Here it goes:

"Kiitos." Means "Thank you."

"Hyvää huomenta." Means "Good morning"

"Hauska tavata." Means "Nice to meet you."

"Rakastan sinua." Means "I love you"

"Anteeksi." Means "Excuse me", "I beg your pardon" or "Sorry"

Well there was few words from my language. =)
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well im from Argentina, and in case you don't know we speak spanish here. (actually a kind of deformed spanish which involves the use of the word Boludo[Jackass in english could be an acurrate translation] and Che [meaning "hey you"].

I also speak fluent english.
Eloriel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak fluent Swedish and English and a little, tiny bit of spanish. I understand some french and german, but not especially much. Like everyone else in Sweden I understand Norwegian, Danish and a little Islandic. Growing up with finnish friends, I can understand/speak a couple of finnish words.

Last edited by Eloriel on Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only really fluent in english. I used to speak Vietnamese very well when I was a kid, but forgot alot of it. Now i'm reduced to Vietglish most of the time -__-

I've also taken 2 years of highschool spanish, and i only know some words and some conjugations, but i can't really seem to put sentences that make sense together.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fluent in english, and for school I'm going into my 4th year of japanese, I hope to continue my studies into that language too, a translator sounds like a great job. I'm thinking about doing what my japanese teacher did and learn chinese while I"m at it.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English, with very few words in Spanish, German, and Japanese.

Prince Geass Falenas

2327939 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak...English and Mandarin Chinese..
I also took Spanish for three years and Japanese for about a semester [ x.x and forget them day by day]

I can also understand Taiwanese pretty well meaning if you talk to me in Taiwanese I can pretty much understand the gist of what you're saying but if you want me to reply back in Taiwanese be prepared for a broken sentence.

Actually....my Mandarin's like that too :roll: I just prefer speaking in English

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: