Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Runes in the Art Book (Minor Spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Runes in the Art Book (Minor Spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The art book that came with pre-ordering Suikoden IV off EBGames is one of the best pre-order gifts ever. Tons of art of all types, but you all already knew that. The question in this post relates to the fact that there are twelve True Rune symbols and 48 regular Rune symbols. I don't care as much about the regular Runes (Although it someone wanted to list all of them as well, go right ahead. ;) ), but can someone help me in identifying the others? Here are the ones I recognize from memory:

Row 1: Soul Eater, ?, Blue Moon, Beast
Row 2: True Fire, True Water, True Earth, True Wind
Row 3: True Lightning, ?, ?, Punishment

So there are three I don't regognize. I'm guessing the one next to the Soul Eater is the Rune of Beginning when the Sword and Shield are unified, but I don't know for sure. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The one next to theSoul Eater is the Rune of Beginning, Sword and Shield, yes.

The other two are the Rune of the Gate (Front, Back, or Whole, not sure about that one.) and the Dragon Rune.
Col Ahiru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, it only took five minutes for help. Thanks a lot, Squirtle!

Hm, maybe we can use this thread to identify the 48 normal Runes on the opposite page. Or is there already a guide (On this site or otherwise) that identifies the different symbols of the Runes?
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can help identify some of them. I have the pics of the normal runes... Like Champion, Holy, Kite, Pixie, Sleep, etc...

Col Ahiru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's sweet, VikiFanatic! If you have the artbook yourself, you can post the symbols you know of in the same way I did - Start with the row and then go from left to right with the ones you know of. Or if you don't have the artbook, you might be able to e-mail me the pictures so I could compare them to the artbook. :)
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A great deal of these come from Suikoden I, which is one of the only games to provide pictures for the command and support runes. Lazy bastards at KCET stopped bothering, I think:p Anyway, they are:

Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Blue Gate
Resurrection, White Rose, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Viper
Clone, Godspeed, Sunbeam, Hate, Falcon, Phero/Charm
Unknown, Red Rose, Darkness, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
Gale, Shrike, Champion's, Double Beat, Spark, Killer
Turtle, Prosperity, Boar, Haze, Fortune, Unknown
Counter, Pixie, Unknown*, Titan, Drain, Balance
Unknown, Blink, Wall, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown

* - Wow, this is the only one whose picture I've never seen before! The rest I just don't remember offhand. The rest I've seen, but can't recall where or which is which. Several of them are command Runes as well, I remember that much.
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Second row, fourth one is Great Hawk, I think. After that is probably Lion.
Pixie is the one before Red Rose.
On the fourth row, either the last one or the second to last is Fire Sealing, I think.

Most of these I remember seeing on Suikonline's gallery a couple years ago. Suikosource probably has all these pictures up if you really want to find out what they all are.
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the Legacy of Suikoden site has also cover up some Rune pics too.....

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could be right on the Pixie one; I did Pixie by memory, and had mixed it up with another. I think the one I called Pixie is perhaps... Unicorn? Pixie lets staves attack from the back row, while Unicorn lets spears attack a column, I think. Heh, neither of which does a damn thing for you in GS4 :p Stupid lack of rows. Anyway, yeah, think you're right.

As for Great Hawk and Lion, also good possibilities, but I don't know for certain. I pilfered the entire collection of Rune images from the KCET GS1/GS2 website a few years back. The ones I had as Unknown were the ones that weren't on the site, and didn't recognize well enough to hazard a guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: