Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Like Father, Like Son? [spoilers!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is IV's Hero the son of Lino en Kuldes?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 75 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Undecided
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Wait, what?? What are you smoking and can I borrow some?
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 92

PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it kinda makes sense that Hero 4 is Lino En Kuldes son, they basically heavy implied that it was.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LeSquide wrote:
Here's a thought that sort of ties in; it was originally supposed to be it's own post, but apparently 'newbies' aren't allowed to make topics, so, here it is:

This post will be absolutely full of spoilers.

Probably full of typos too, but people tend to be less angry at the occasion 'the' as opposed to 'OMG the Hero is a cannibal deathgod!' Still, there's the disclaimer for both.

And now, on to the rampant speculation!

At the terminus of the game, we see the Hero floating along gently in a small boat, his body abandoned to the ocean...and then if you bothered to get all 108 stars, you see him wake up, a ship visible on the horizon and his future open as the ocean.

If you're looking closely, you'll also notice that the Hero's little boat is conspicuously well stocked; it's far better equipped then the death-bound craft the Knights set him adrift on!

It's rather odd, isn't it, that the Hero's use of the Punishment rune knocks him into a boat, rather then into the ocean or onto some floating wreckage.

And that the particular boat is well supplied and equipped.

And that no one finds the boat in the aftermath of his rune use.

Now, if the Rune's usage was a sudden, unexpected phenomena, I might be able to pass this all as some bizarre, massive coincidence or twist of fate. However, it's not. The Hero's companions know exactly what to expect, and are in fact used to having to care for him after he invokes the power of the rune. They're also aware, in this case, that he's about to use the rune!

That fact, combined with the suspiciously well equipped boat, leads me to believe that the Hero was in fact set adrift after he passed out from the exertion of using the rune!

However, he obviously wasn't simply betrayed. He wasn't just dumped into the ocean, or stabbed while he was asleep, and it certainly wasn't done to stop him from defeating Kooluk. Instead, he was quietly put aboard a while supplied vessel...which had to have been prepared previously.

A plan this long-term and detailed sounds just like the sort of thing that a strategist would come up with and implement for their own long term ends...but Eleanor, the obvious choice, is already out of the picture, and her pupil doesn't have close access to the Hero.

Who, then, does?

Shockingly, the man who would have no trouble either with preparing a boat or getting the Hero to it unopposed is none other than Lino En Culdes, King of Obel and might-be father to the Hero!

With his desire for a lasting peace across the islands, an obvious concern with the power of an unleashed True Rune after the death of his wife, and an obligation to the people of Obel, Lino has an obvious motive for setting the Hero adrift. And, in fact, his talk to the Hero on the eve of the battle makes more sense if he's trying to keep some distance from the son he's planning to abandon to the ocean yet again; he wants to let the Hero know he cares, but has to remind himself that he has to let go. For the Island Nations' safety, he has to send the monstrous rune of punishment away, and there's no way to do that without killing the Hero...besides marooning him.

Right on. I'd bet good potch you're and that Lino included a note explaining his reasoning, especially since the Hero waves like to say goodbye rather than flipping out or acting like he thinks they think he's dying. Of course it also sets up a perfet opportunity for him to appear in Suikoden V or Tactics.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am sure that leno is the heros father i mean all the clues are in it makes perfect sense,the dream lenos story it has to be true. :D

najia111

The Master Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't know I think maybe that Hero IV's is Lino's long lost son.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he is lino en kuldes's long lost son how exactly does he get lost and how does the vingerhuat family end up with hero4.Now thats a good question right.

Rune of Knowledge

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do think that HeroIV is Lino's son...come on now, the in-game events implies it...and if you think about Suikoden IV isn't very well developed...when I was playing it...almost all the characters doesn't really have a personality orin depth development...although the amount given about Lino's family events and heroIV isn't developed thoroughly...considering how the game is...I would say that's a lot of info to give about someone in suikoden IV. like others mentioned how the light protects HeroIV when he was attacked at the beginning...I doubt that it would just happen to just any random person...and there is no point in showing the queen at the end...it's kind of like, finally finding or seeing your mother moment at the end...if lino's family doesn't have any importants to the Hero there is no point in doing so, they would of probably show the queen early in the game...rather than slowly plotting events after events to get Lino's family bg slowly revealed...as it intertwines with the Hero's past or current events...hearing voices...and stuffs.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

***ALERT: POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

The Queen of Obel was one of the people who had the Rune of Punishment before the Hero. She was forced to use the Rune's power to defend her children, and their son, Lino and the Queen's, was lost at sea.

The Hero was found at sea, if I'm not mistaken, and was taken in by Snowe's family. We all know the story from here, despite how boring it may have been.

As for the light that protected the Hero, Brandeau comments on how he was chosen to be the Rune's next victim before they duel each other. Becasue the Rune needs a nearby host, it kept the Hero alive for that sole reason. Glenn, being the good guy that he was, got in the way of this and received the Rune instead.

The only time the Rune didn't have a host was when it was locked away in the Obel Ruins. The current host died with the Rune and no one nearby for the Rune to take. It stayed sealed up there for a long time, until it was stolen, if I remember right.

Edit: Fixed a typo real fast
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How did Hero4 wind up that far from Oble? It's hard to belive he just floated from Oble to Razril? Given it's a game I guess it's possible, but that is still hard to belive.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the general diplomatiic status of the island nations seems to always be Kooluk vs. everyone else, so the Queen could have been on a diplomatic mission or just out sailing. Remember how Flare was out with a random patrol? The Queen might have been doing something similar. And there's always the ultimate explanation: Leknaat did it. JK.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
there's always the ultimate explanation: Leknaat did it. JK.

Ha ha ha! That's great. When all else fails, Leknaat did it!

Quote:
How did Hero4 wind up that far from Oble? It's hard to belive he just floated from Oble to Razril? Given it's a game I guess it's possible, but that is still hard to belive.

I never said HeroIV floated all the way from Obel to Razril. He probably would have died and then we'd never have had to deal with that game in the first place. It could be like what Eternal Wind said, the Queen farther out at sea, or the Vingerhut's were just out and a bout that day. It just seems far to coincidental that the son of the Obel Royal Family went missing within, what seems like moments, of the HeroIV's recovery by the Vingerhut family.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True,plus the coincidence of him being plucked from the ocean near Razril and the royal family of Obel losing their crown prince who fell in during the same year also adds to it. Laslo must have been a drift for quite a long time to go from Obel's waters to Razril's you can't fault king Lino's because the odds of a infant surviving in the deadly ocean waters is highly against it but Laslo some how did plus being that Laslo was so young neither he or Lino would know since so much time had passed before his return to Obel, it's too bad no one had any evidence of who he was in the game like a royal crest found in his belongings or something and look what happens at the end he is once again sent a drift where he goes from here is a mystery no one knows his where abouts now or if he's still alive anymore that's a lame life for a main character to have drifting in a row boat in the middle of the ocean and an awful true rune on his left hand to boot it's worse than his exile from Razril because now he's all alone this time no friends no nothing i personnally think they should've had him and Ted leave together being that both have the same burden of carrying a cursed rune they could've said Laslo travelled with Ted to a certain place a few years later and went on their seperate ways pryor to Ted's being found on a battlefield by Teo Mcdohl at lease that would be better than drifting in the ocean again all alone waitng to die or land a shore somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's in Rhapsodia. Besides, everyone knows what will happen if he gets killed; someone else will get the rune, and the cycle will restart. He definitely can handle a ship and survival issues (see the exile and deserted isle parts), and he's a Tenkai start; he's very powerful, can dish out good damage in melee or by rune and almost impossible to kill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: