Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Like Father, Like Son? [spoilers!]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is IV's Hero the son of Lino en Kuldes?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 75 ]
No
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Undecided
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Wait, what?? What are you smoking and can I borrow some?
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 92

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Like Father, Like Son? [spoilers!] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hope the title isn't in itself too much of a spoiler, but it could really apply to any number of people; and until you get to the scene in question, you don't even know Lino has a son, so I don't think it's a problem :)

Anyway, the poll says it all. What do you think? Where do you fall on the issue? Undecided, and want us to try to sway you? Tell us and we'll argue our sides [I hope, anyway; I know which side I'd argue for at least] :)
Connor MacLeod

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh. To me it wasn't said like, outright or anything, but it was strongly hinted at. The average conversation between the two was:

Lino: If I was your father, WHICH I AM NOT, I would...

Hero: ...

Lino: Hey have I ever told you about the son that conviently enough is the same age as you, and, like you, probably bears a more then passing resemblance to Flare? Or how he was totally LOST AT SEA and no one knows what happened to him?

Hero: (I hate you.)
(OMG THAT IS SO WEIRD LOL I WAS LOST AT SEA TOO LYKE 15 YRS AGO!!11onetwotwelve)

Lino: You mean you're having visions about some woman who HAPPENS TO BE THE QUEEN OF OBEL? Oh yeah, that was totally my wife!

Hero: ...

Lino: No kidding. Sure wish I knew what happened to my kid, who is totally NOT standing right before me. See you Monday!

At least that was my take on it. BUT YOU KNOW.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally agree with love thy conrad. It wasn't outright said, but, like most Suikodens, important story stuff never is. It was hinted at strongly enough to make all but the most stubborn believe, so, I too say yes, the hero was Lino's son. Hero En Kuldes. :wink:
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lino Jr! *laughs*

It'd sort of be amusing if someone named Hero Lino and then watched that conversation.

The one point in LTC's post I want to address is the visions of the Queen of Obel thing. I know your post was for humor, but the anal bum cover in me feels the need to point out that he had visions of everyone who bore the Rune in recent times [at least, all who died by using the Rune], but that the Queen was the final woman in his visions and hadn't shown up until the very end.

EDIT: To be fair to Lino, however, -he- has no idea that the Hero doesn't know his parents. Lino doesn't -know- the Tenkai's past, really, so he has no reason to think his son survived at all. If he did, of course.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing I noticed is that got me thinking wasn't Lino's story at all. It was when the Hero saw the Queen of Obel. She was sort of greenish like that barrier thingy that protected the Hero from Brandeau's usage of the rune instead of indigoish like all the others.

Then I was like, "Duh! Lino had a son, that's right!'
Connor MacLeod

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was purely poking fun at the game. It wasn't like Chris and Wyatt when it was completely spelled out for you, but still. I think Konami is above talking down to their gamers and like to leave a little bit of intrigue. I mean put two and two together here:

Lino's wife had said rune.

Parentless Hero has said rune.

Said Hero has a backstory so very similar to the NEVERSEENAGAIN son.

This. Is. An. Incestuous. Little. RPG where everyone has connections to everyone else.

I mean at one point a flag goes up or a lightbulb, on. Of course it helped that my friend hinted at Lino-t3h-father beforehand. But still.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't need to convince me, per se, I already believe. That's sort of why I posted this, to see how many others believed too. But I'm also saying that there still remains a possibility that it isn't true. It isn't impossible that it was left vague for a reason.

It's called playing devil's advocate. It's one of my favorite games :) You'll sort of get used to it after awhile; I think most people just tend to ignore me after awhile ^_^
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So why doesn't Lino know? He knows just as much as we, the players, know. Yet Lino clearly had no clue. So if we have the same information as Lino and it's "obvious" they are related, then Lino should know it to be true. Or are you saying Lino is a moron?

In case you guys haven't figured it out, I don't think they are related.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mad Mage wrote:
So why doesn't Lino know? He knows just as much as we, the players, know. Yet Lino clearly had no clue. So if we have the same information as Lino and it's "obvious" they are related, then Lino should know it to be true. Or are you saying Lino is a moron?

In case you guys haven't figured it out, I don't think they are related.

He doesn't know all that players know, about the way the hero was shielded from the Rune's attack, or how the Hero sees the Queen in the rune.

As for why he didn't awknowledge it, there are a multitude of reasons, most likely of which being denial. He wants to believe that his son is not sitting in front of him, about to go on a semi-suicide mission with an evil rune.

Yes, they're related, they damn near spelled it out for you. :roll:

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lino would not be in denial. I'm certain he wants to meet his son very badly. And the hero saw the Obel Queen in his rune because he saw everyone the rune consumed.

As for them spelling it out, Lino comparing you to his son does not spell it out, that's meta-plot thinking. Just because someone says that their son would be about your age does not make you their son. Shiesh.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sweet, someone who is taking the other side! Like I said before, I happen to think GS4's Tenkai is the baby en Kuldes all growed up like, but I think it's foolish to think it's a definate.

Also, as I said before, Lino doesn't know the Tenkai has seen the Queen of Obel BECAUSE HE HAS NOT YET. And, as both I and Mad Mage have said now, he does NOT know the Tenkai's past! He has no reason to think his leader is his own son. Whether or not Konami himself thinks thus [yup, still blatently continuing to use that name] is another question since unfortunately we don't see what's going on in his mind.
Connor MacLeod

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mad Mage wrote:
Lino would not be in denial.

It's kind of like seeing your puppy run across the road only to be slaughtered by a Hummer. You don't want to look because you'll feel bad. I mean we don't know what goes on in Lino's mind, but it could be that he has all the pieces and just doesn't want to put them together, because he's already experienced a loss by that rune. Getting too attached just ain't gonna turn out so well!

My opinion personally is Lino has a slight clue but never really gives it much more than a thought, because it would be way too random. Apparently the characters are unaware that they live in an RPG.

I understand the people who want to believe that there's no connection. We just have more people and a better arguement.

In later news...

Mad Mage wrote:
Or are you saying Lino is a moron?

I'm not sure there's a g00d way to answer that. I mean, have you seen the guy? He has a Satan goatee and wears a pink vest. Two things every winning leader needs.
Nihilive

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One would have hoped that Lino's son took more after him physically than the hero did. Lino is a pure badass in looks and personality, but the hero is just... meh...

Flare seems to have taken more after her father and I can only guess that the hero has taken greatly after his mother (Queen of Obel).

I do believe that Lino might know, but doesn't want to preoccupy the hero with such an emotional load of reuniting him with his family and to find out about his mother's history with the rune firsthand from Lino. You really can't tell if your hero knows or not since Konami always tries to make the heros thoughts your own, and vice versa. But then again, another poster pointed out that Lino really doesn't know the hero's origin nor does he know his past and any NORMAL person would say, "HEY! I WAS ORPHANED AND WASHED UP ON SHORE OF RAZRIL!" So basically, if you suspected being Lino's son, then moreless the hero thought it as well. This is my understanding of how Konami wants the players to absorb themselves into the role of the hero.

And I do not believe Lino is a stupid man, albeit not the most intellectual person in the world. He seems to be more of a warrior king than an intellectual leader, but he does have his shining moments.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously there's a lot of circumstantial evidence to indicate that Hero4 is Lino's son. And maybe when Lino gives him the Golden Seal, it's Lino's way of expressing what he suspects is true....that Hero4 is his true heir.

Personally, I think it's very likely that Hero4 is Lino's son, although they don't look anything alike, if you ask me.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even before he gets the rune and before he first meets Leknaat...after Dario's first attack...he has a dream...

"???
Farewell...my darling...And...my children"

why would he dream of something like that if it wasnt somehow embedded into his deep conscious? and he doesnt have the Rune yet so it couldnt have been the Queen talking to him thru that...its obviously a hint towards Lino's story...and about his parents...Lino and Queen of Obel...

thus I believe that Hero is thier lost son.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: