Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

recommend a PC RPG
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about....Warcraft III: Frozen Throne: The Orc Campaign? >< In case you're interested...i had fun with it....

OK, ok. seriously. How about The Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind? That's fun...God know how many classes there are to choose from. And you should try the scroll of Icarus. You'll get killed, but you'll have the most fun whie doing so :P .

Neverwinter Nights, perhaps?

oh! oh! Escape from Monkey Island! You must try a Monkey Island game! It's hilarious!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

+1 for the Monkey Islands series of games: they're excellent!
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'd recommend some of the black isle titles, such as baldur's gate, baldur's gate: shadows of amn, throne of bhaal, icewind dale I/II; the problem with these is they may not be easily available, and black isle went bankrupt a few years back.

unless you know of someone who has the patches *or has access to them somehow,* the games won't work; they were quite buggy, prone to freezing, intermittent slowness and other fun issues.

outside of that, they had good storylines, fun play and decent replayability...those are about the only ones that come to mind.

i had fun with diablo I/II, but they rpg element is rather iffy; it feels more like action/adventure with hack and slash rather than actual rpging. there are some quests *this may be why it's classified as an rpg* but they are usually quick and easy to finish, making it feel more like a free for all killing spree.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How about....Warcraft III: Frozen Throne:

Played all the warcraft three... liked most of them... some didn't bother to do much and deleted it from my personal computer... I think frozen Throne was one of the ones I deleted or maybe it was one of the others...hmm...

Quote:
OK, ok. seriously. How about The Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind? That's fun...God know how many classes there are to choose from. And you should try the scroll of Icarus. You'll get killed, but you'll have the most fun whie doing so .

Lol I believe I have most of them lol I have got elderscrolls 4 morrowind, morrowind game of the year edition, bloodmoon, tribunal and some on the Xbox... lol hard to recommend a game to someone who has played and owns so much... lol

Quote:
Neverwinter Nights, perhaps?

heh... this one wasn't all that good even with it's expansion pack... neverwinter nights on the personal computer was nothing but average... in my opinion..

Quote:
oh! oh! Escape from Monkey Island! You must try a Monkey Island game! It's hilarious!

Lol I think I have played that as well LOL

Quote:
i'd recommend some of the black isle titles, such as baldur's gate, baldur's gate: shadows of amn, throne of bhaal, icewind dale I/II; the problem with these is they may not be easily available, and black isle went bankrupt a few years back.

Yeah... black isle eh... interesting... I am not sure if I already have that as it doesn't ring a bell or I found nothing that was to be liked in that game so I can't remember... hmmm... as for the others I had baldurs gate and baldurs gate 2 and just played the tohers... also dungeons and dragons heroes and the other and currently plan on getting dragonshard a new game for the personal computer (hopefully my name is on the credits as I BETA tested the game lol)

Quote:
unless you know of someone who has the patches *or has access to them somehow,* the games won't work; they were quite buggy, prone to freezing, intermittent slowness and other fun issues.

Oh I can easily get myself some patches and stuff... hehehe :twisted:

Yeah... I had fun with diablo as well... but games like that get rather repetitive a little bit too quickly... but still a good game... heh...

thanks to everyone for trying to help... so far on my list to get is conquer and black isle... two games great anymore? lol

JNX out
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Isle is a company; the company that wrote the Baldur's Gates...

And if you remember, I told you about Planescape: Torment, also done by Black Isle, which I thought was a hell of lot more inventive and captivating than Baldur's Gate. The story ROCKS.

And don't forget the Fallout games 8-)
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, nobody can stress that strongly enough, play Fallout I & II.

Also, you might want to give Knights of the Old Republic I & II a go, depending if you like Star Wars or not. Deep(ish), engrossing storylines for both, even if II does have its fair share of bugs and missed opportunities.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, JNX. You played Escape from Monkey Island? Blast. I wanted to play it.

Ok, then get Curse of Monkey Island! Given that you haven't played it yet. If you have the other Monkey Island titles! Mwahaha!

You gotta love Wally and the three headed monkey gag!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Yes, nobody can stress that strongly enough, play Fallout I & II.

Fallout games I have not played... okay thanks Trevoke and deloseth... you have managed to successfully recommend me JNX a game... which is a one in a million chance lol

Quote:
Knights of the Old Republic I & II

Not really a big fan of the star wars thing... I haven't finished knights of the old republic one and have only just played number two... nothing that different from one and some things are better in the first... but yeah still a good game...of course though pick the dark side hehehe... :twisted:

Quote:
So, JNX. You played Escape from Monkey Island? Blast. I wanted to play it.

You want to play it? I had it on the Ps2 and I think I lost my Mac copy :evil: damn how old is the game lol... I have seen the curse of monkey island for the personal computer... looks better than monkey island... I was going to get the secret of monkey island and monkey island two: Lechucks revenge but though I didn't like the game enough to get them all... plus I can't find them now so all I got to do is get them for free... my way... :twisted: the game ain't that hard and guybrush is a little... nevermind lol

JNX out
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about Planescape Torment? Though you might have played it, i'm assuming that you haven't. It's not that bad. Maybe not as much freedom as Neverwinter Nights (I found it pretty linear), but the characters have alot more personality. And it's got the voice of Dan Castanella i.e. Homer Simpson.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's another two games that I would like to reccomend but I'm not sure if they're fit for RPGs. The first is "leisure suit larry" if you're a guy, and Myst series.

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher: Who does Dan Castanella do the voice acting for in PS: Torment ?

I _really_ want to recommend Torment, JNX, because I am a VERY difficult person game-wise. I haven't finished Neverwinter Nights, I haven't finished Baldur's Gate, ... etc etc, because I get bored, the game gets too hard all of a sudden, or this or that. Planescape doesn't EVER get "too hard" all of a sudden, the game is completely linear, your character has the possibility to change character class at all times (as long as you have someone to make you change class of course) and, again, the universe is ... Well, as far as I know it's all new. It may just be the outer dimensions of the forgotten realms or something, but it's REALLY COOL...
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dan Castanella is the voice of Nordom, the double-crossbow-wielding robot cube.

Yeah, he doesn't sound anything like Homer. But it's given that Dan did his voice.

And you got a point, Trevoke, about how these Advanced Dungeons and Dragons games can get too hard all of a sudden. And i saw the end of Torment, which seemed like forever.

One thing i didn't like was that there are 7 characters to recruit (if i'm counting right and didn't forget anybody), but you can put only a max of 6 people in your team; you have to boot someone out. When i got Nordom, i kicked Ignus out. Serves that psycho right!

I heard about the Leisure Suit Larry games. yeah, more for boys. Interesting that you mentioned Myst. If i remember correctly, Myst had been played by mostly girl gamers than any other RPG.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher: let me create a thread for Planescape so I can talk about it with you and not spoil it for anyone who would play it.. :)
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woah... my deepest thanks to those who have tried to help JNX here... ok now with the onslaught of quotes hehehe...

Quote:
What about Planescape Torment? Though you might have played it, i'm assuming that you haven't. It's not that bad. Maybe not as much freedom as Neverwinter Nights (I found it pretty linear), but the characters have alot more personality. And it's got the voice of Dan Castanella i.e. Homer Simpson.

Nope haven't played it after hearing that it weren't as good as suikoden one hahaha... well, I kind of feel that if a game won't capture me like any of my top five role playing games then there is no point in getting or playing them... cold I know... but it would save me time and effort and all that but I trust your opinions as you all like the suikoden series like me otherwise you wouldn't be here right? yeah well... thanks...

Quote:
The first is "leisure suit larry" if you're a guy, and Myst series.

First of all... I would like to say that Leisure suit larry is a disgraceful game for the Xbox!!! I am a good games reviewer and I say this game is rather low... want something better? get the blimming playboy mansion (remember, my opinion and I am not refering to anyone in particular) and yeah... JNXy here is a Guy and yeah JNXy here has already played it otherwise he would not say uch a thing about the game. as for the myst series... I have seen gameplay footage, doesn't seem like anything other than puzzle solving and just recently downloaded myst 4 I think... haven't played it yet though hahaha...

Quote:
I _really_ want to recommend Torment, JNX, because I am a VERY difficult person game-wise. I haven't finished Neverwinter Nights, I haven't finished Baldur's Gate, ... etc etc, because I get bored, the game gets too hard all of a sudden, or this or that. Planescape doesn't EVER get "too hard" all of a sudden, the game is completely linear, your character has the possibility to change character class at all times (as long as you have someone to make you change class of course) and, again, the universe is ... Well, as far as I know it's all new. It may just be the outer dimensions of the forgotten realms or something, but it's REALLY COOL...

Okay... I will check this game out and if worthy of my time then I will download it... i mean get it of course hehehe...

Well... thanks again to everyone who helped me or at least tried to help me... JNX here is in your debt.

JNX out
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX, it's look that none of us can help you with anything (when I thought I was the cheapest guy to play games that I bought for a...low price, here's a guy that play it for free, hehe :) )
But of all things, I'm not proud with what I've done. It's just that money is hard in my country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: