Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A rather unique soldier recieving...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: A rather unique soldier recieving... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

please let me know... has anybody gotten something like this before?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/JNX25/WIERDNESS.bmp
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That picture is far too small to read what the message says. There are some "unusual" messages about soldiers.

Sometimes you get 0 soldiers if you're post is edited.

Sometimes you get 0.064454064 soldiers for small modifications and such.

Othertimes you get a message similar to "Everyone is tired of hearing what you have to say" - meaning no soldiers joined because there is a 25 (or 20, can't remember!) post limit for earning soldiers. You can post as much as you like, but after 25 posts, you won't earn anymore soldiers.

If it's something else, could you say what it says of post a bigger picture?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually its:

"Your message has been entered successfully.
Having heard enough from you today, no one is interested in joining your regiment."

I got that about 40 times or so today alone!!! :( Gah I have to ease up with the posts. The limit per day is 25 and its written in the "Guide for New People".

I cannot read the text in that picture but I've never seen a message that long. I do however have been getting another problem in which it tells me that I DO get soldiers but there is no number before it. No 0 no 0.04545 and no 56.4, but the thing that confuses me is that it says that soldiers actually do join. Anyone have any idea what's up with that? I thought I'd be the only one encountering those problems haha. Mind you we seem to have a few more active posters around now heh.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang, I get that whenever I edit the table of contents for the Falenian story thread. Since the number of characters exceeds the maximum amount of soldiers, and editing isn't considered making a new post, it will still come up as indicating that you have received soldiers.

If you're getting the message from simply entering a new post and haven't gone over the soldier recruitment limit, I'm at a loss at what could be causing it as I haven't yet had that happen.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, it could be that actualy. I edited the Newbie FAQ in Harmonia just the other day and got that heh. Could have earned an easy 900 soldiers for the modifications to the 3 FAQS haha. Oh well.

I think I've single handedly managed to get any and every posting and editing error possible. I really have to ease it up a bit. :oops:
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

900 soldiers for one post... ? now that would be really something, umm I'm guessing around 25 pages in microsoft word. wow, the essay I made was over half that size and took weeks, so i guess before anyone can post a 900 word post, at least two to three people would have posted before them, mind you i am a fast typer as well... my essay was around 75 pages by the way consisting of over 40000 words... (the type size was rather small)
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well you cannot gain more than 300 soldiers per post! I would have pasted the updated version of the FAQ 3 times hence the 900 soldiers.

I've post the equation in Harmonia somewhere. It comes out to roughly 7,500 characters with spaces which is around 5 to 6 pages worth of text for maximum soldiers. This does not include quotes however so you have to be very inventive as spam would get you an ass kicking by me for forcing me to read it. :P
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have no worries Lord Bishop Fang... I always try to make my post interesting... especially in the gmes department...
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang, the limit is actually 200 soldiers, though moderators have a slightly increased limit. I'd imagine that Nation Leaders also enjoy a higher limit than moderators. As for your calculation, I did my own and it came to roughly 6,500 characters with spaces to reach the maximum. But, in the end, it's not about how long our posts are or how many soldiers we gain, but rather the content we produce. (That's probably a reason it takes so long for me to produce chapters for the Falenian story. :wink: )

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Horned Loa

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I worked the thing out and it comes out that you receive roughly 1 soldier per 25 characters (including spaces). This would mean, members cap is at 5,000 and mod cap is at 7,500 characters. I'm not sure if Nation Leaders have an increased limit since Saben never posts near as much as I do. :mrgreen:

It is of course about the content and anyone found guilty of spamming shall pay the price. I guess that is the reason the Harmonian Fanfics came to a standstill. :lol:
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want to get that harmonian standstill a prod, i'll help out, plus my longest ever post got me exactly 200 soldiers... coincidence? I think not... not even a 200.01... :?
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get the maximum amount of soldiers all of the time. I wish that I could gain more, but oh well, I take what I can get.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

every... post? damn, almost too good to be true but one look at the soldier count proves it...

I am still not getting any after three days :cry: every day I start off with a very long reply hoping to get soldiers from it and come back with a bang, but alas 3 days have passed since I last got soldiers from posting... :cry:
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Take a break from posting and you will soon be able to once again. That is what I do when I don't gain soldiers from my posts for a few days.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
Take a break from posting and you will soon be able to once again. That is what I do when I don't gain soldiers from my posts for a few days.

thanks for the advice... though I have been told many times... I o take long breaks but, after long breaks, I still don't get any, well I am gona take an very long break... soon :lol: hope it works... :?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: