Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Questions about New Game +

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Questions about New Game + Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How, exactly, does New Game + work? I know you keep your money and Runes and equipment, but I heard that you don't keep equipment -on- people and you don't keep Runes on people either. Does this also include people going to the final dungeon? So if I put good stuff on them [say, the Pirate King set on my Hero] I lose them? Likewise if I have good Runes for the final boss, I lose those too?

Also, if I filch powerful Runes from, say, Warlock, will Warlock in the next round have them back again, meaning I get extra copies, or will he be devoid of Runes, meaning all I accomplished was to have his Runes earlier in the game?
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure you can keep recruiting Warlock and Konrad in subsequent games, and they'll still have their advanced runes for you to take.

Which leads me to wonder why Konami didn't make those runes attached permanently on them? As much as I liked not having to treasure hunt for a Mother Earth rune and a Flowing rune, it kinda stole away those two characters' originality.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And Flowing and Rage Runes too. The -only- Rune of the five you can't yoink off a character then is a Thunder Rune. Time to hunt down one of those, then ^_^ If it isn't too late; I'm not sure which map has it, or if I have the map - gotta check a guide, there.

What about equipment on the teams you take to the final dungeon? Is that lost on the next cycle?
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it IS lost...I don't remember having my awesome armor in New Game +.... :(

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ouch, that bites. I might want to swap out my Pirate King stuff before finishing the game then, otherwise I'll have to go through the trouble of finding it all again. And two of those ipeces aren't exactly easy to acquire.

Hm. That also means going into the last dungeon without any of the good Runes. Damn.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I think the last boss will be quite a bit more fun without having any of my good sets equipped and rare runes imbued. Just level up your main team, and it shouldn't be to bad. I'm too lazy to do it now, because I would have to go back to the save final before the final ship battle, and take off the fury rune on Snowe who is in the Elenor party. And I really don't feel like watching all those scenes anytime soon.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I've pilfered the good Runes from everyone, and tried to find all the bonus good Runes. The bedamnable Flowing Rune still hides from me. I have the fourth map, but it's so faded and ripped that there's practically nothing on it. The guide says it's Limestone Island, and you can almost make out a curved line on the map like the "steps," but I wandered all over that island thrice over and didn't get a single beep. Ah well, I'll have to live with a single Flowing and Thunder Rune each for next time 'round. Got two Cyclones, Rages and Mother Earths to play around with from the very start.

Hm. You used Snowe in the last mission? I didn't find that he was all that great. I got him up to level 50, and he was still outstripped by, well, most of my people :) Okay, not most, but by enough that he wasn't even in the running for either party. But, then, I suppose that's the topic for another thread.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The True Friendship unite is one of the best in the game, if your guys are properly equipped (Hero has the Pirate King set and I gave Snowe the Hero set). I got a double-strike and fury rune combo on Snowe, and I'm currently looking for another fury rune for the hero.

I definitely intend on doing 3,000 damage to the final boss with it. :D

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One question, who can you steal the cyclone rune from? It's the only one that I didn't find in my first playthrough.

One interesting fact about Snowe: You know that Rose Crest Reinbach gives you? Apparently it's equippable only by those who can equip Noble class stuff. Snowe is able to do just this, so if you want to give his Tech level a boost, equip the rose crest on him. I found this out becuase, although initially putting it on Reinbach in order to try and make use of his Red Rose rune, I found that RR takes too damn long, and isn't effective enough to warrant putting him in my party. Snowe, on the other hand, seems to be a better addition, what with the True Friends unite.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never did use him long enough to get the True Friends unite. Maybe I should. But I've already decided on a team for the end.

As for the Cyclone Rune, that'd be Maxine. She comes with, if I recall properly, Cyclone in her right hand and Fire in her left. I downgraded her to Wind and took her anyway; short of Ted, she's got the highest Magic stat.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heheh... This is interesting for a Suikoden option.

You can actually steal all the equipment nd runes the others don't have and replace them with weaker ones. The War attack power they have is NOT affected! Isn't that great? :D

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if you steal their Runes, they might not be able to use the Rune Cannon anymore. I couldn't find Konrad, and I think he had been able to use the Rune Cannon earlier in the game. I definately pilfered -his- Runes since he had a nice juicy Rage Rune on him.

*bemoans his lost Champion's Rune* Ah well, at least I'm left with the Slash Runes. Early in the game, I'm quite happy enough to use the Slash Rune. And the Champion's Rune was most important for mapping the seas, and whee, guess what? FULL MAP! Chingching. Wonder why the thing vanished though? It wasn't -on- anyone.

Anyone know what other good things vanish whether or not they're on anyone? Most of my armor seems to have survived, but then I forgot to take off Ted's Magic set and Konami's Pirate King set [ah the joys of a saved game before the ending :)].
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze, I think VikiFanatic meant to replace the Rage rune with a cheap fire to keep the war battle ability the same.

I think in terms of armour only the Pirate King, Hero and Guardian sets are lost, and the only rune that is lost is the Champion's Rune.
And of course anything that is equipped.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah stock up on everything you possibly can before going into the last dungeon and equip hero/pirate king/guardian since you don't keep those anyways. All you need is a lightning rune on Jeane and the soul eater, plus true friends attack.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I geuss I should have tried learning the True Friends attack huh? I levelled up Snowe, but his stats were pathetic compared to some others, so I stopped bothering with him.

Hero's set goes, too? Damn, and you only get the stupid helmet in the final dungeon, don't you? That -bites!-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: