Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Resolving questions and loose plot ends. Lots of spoilers.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
It is that, so far, the Rune of the Beginning has never existed. They're two components of the full. The Rune of the Gate is split in half, but had existed as a True Rune. Someone else said soemthing of the sort, so I can't claim credit, but... Black Sword and Bright Shield are like the cookie dough and the chocolate chips. Apart, they're not a cookie. But the Rune of the Gate is a fully baked chocolate chip cookie that someone split in half so they could share it. See the difference?

That's a pretty good comparison, there! And it sounds delicious too! (Man, I could go for a half a True Rune right now with some milk...) :mrgreen:

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was starting to understand but then I got hungry for some cookies and now I'm confused.

But anyway, too bad Riou and Jowy're gonna die.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Harukaze wrote:
It is that, so far, the Rune of the Beginning has never existed. They're two components of the full. The Rune of the Gate is split in half, but had existed as a True Rune. Someone else said soemthing of the sort, so I can't claim credit, but... Black Sword and Bright Shield are like the cookie dough and the chocolate chips. Apart, they're not a cookie. But the Rune of the Gate is a fully baked chocolate chip cookie that someone split in half so they could share it. See the difference?

That's a pretty good comparison, there! And it sounds delicious too! (Man, I could go for a half a True Rune right now with some milk...) :mrgreen:

Thanks, but as I said I can't claim credit. I really wish I remembered who originally said it, so I could give credit where credit is due. But, well, I'm not known for my memory, so.... ^_^;; What were we talking about again?

Mad Mage wrote:
I was starting to understand but then I got hungry for some cookies and now I'm confused.

But anyway, too bad Riou and Jowy're gonna die.

Are you so certain they will? The series -could- end during their lifetimes, you know. I myself am willing to bet money that, should the series ever reach that point, Riou and Jowy will be characters in some fashion [perhaps, probably, not stars, but still characters of some sort].
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin sort of said rather surely that Hero is Lino's son in the thread regarding questions about S4...

And that cookie dough and chocolate chip comparison, i believe it's been re-said and edited many times... I remember the first time i saw that explaination was by SARSadmin who used coffee powder and water or something like that....

And Hero should be ageless. Rune of Punishment afterall IS a true rune, and true runes give agelessness. The only reason past bearers didn't get that was because the friggin rune enjoyed killing it's bearers... Since it has taken a liking to Hero4, he should logically be ageless.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe. You liken the RoP to an angry Doberman. It likes to kill stuff, but took a liking to the Hero, so it won't kill him just yet. =P
Clops

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Missed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, I'm not going to quote people, but I'll answer 2 questions.

Someone asked why Elenor stayed with Cray when it seemed she would die.

I say he's the only reason she has to live again in her eyes. Time seems to have stopped for her when he left her, she considers that her biggest failure in life. Now she just wastes her life drinking until she finds out she can meet him, that's the only reason she joins you. She did want to stay with him even though he tried to kill her. I don't think anything could make her leave.

As for Ornan's love being Louise. The ending says he never found the girl he was looking for. He didn't seem to look very hard though.

Now my question. Why did it look like the hero was using a rune (his hand was glowing) when Brandeau used his rune against the hero and when was dying?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clops

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Oops Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Almost forgot to say Elenor was my favorite character and I think her voice acting was superior. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oops... This means our opinion is completely the opposite because i think Eleanor is the worst silverberg thus far and she's got an irritating face and voice...

Then again, that's just our different opinions...
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eleanor I don't think showed any tactical knowledge in the game at all. Oh wow "we need allies to fight the Kooluk" that wasn't exactly a plan of a master miltary genius. Even Reno knew that. Same with talling what kind of rune cannons the enemy has. She didn't even have a useful support! How boring!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GrosserFluss

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, first I'll say that Cray's voice acting was my favorite, then I'll get to the real topic.

It was asked who the creature on the fog ship was.

As far as I know, he was just a big creature from The World of Emptiness which is the dimension where all the monsters come from. The Gate Rune deals with this world, which is why Leknaat could get rid of him so easily. He was just an angry monster that wanted True Runes. I think he's also the reason that Ted grew a little. When you see Ted obtain the Soul Eater in the past in Suikoden I he's just a small child, but in Suikoden IV and in the present in Suikoden I he's more teenage sized, and I think that's because he was on that ship with the monster holding the Soul Eater for a few years.

And I also have my own question: Did Cray obtain another True Rune after he lost the Rune of Punishment? At the end when he brings the giant tree monster to life he definitely uses a rune on his right hand, but they never say anything about it.
Neo Juste Belmont

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because Kooluk has no kickass strategist to the boot. They're the type of 'no need for strategy. CHAAAARRGEE !!' kingdoms. Why should Elenor think hard if the enemy has virtually no strategy to counter with ? Mathiu may have not meet his match in Scarlet Moon Empire, but the Empire is bigger than Kooluk, so strategy is needed, especially when Liberation Army was small and growing. In Suikoden 2, there's an enemy strategist for Shu... Leon Silverberg. In Suikoden 3, we got Albert.
Clops

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cray "should" have been a strategist since he was her student.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Cray was a strategist, but I think the guy is a bit coo-coo at the time of SIV. He was Eleanor's apprentice when she served the Scarlet Moon Empire, but then he did some pretty messed up stuff to get booted from the country. (One of the Old Books talks about it, I can't remember exactly what happened). He did have the best voice-acting, I will agree with GlosserFluss there, hehe.

As for Eleanor, yeah, she wasn't a very vital pesron in this conflict. The only useful thing she did was prepare for the reclaiming of Obel and also the assault on El-Eal. Other than those two battles, she was pretty insignificant.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Clops

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrm, without Elenor the heroes could have been destroyed by the main rune cannon. Could have been ambushed at Obel. And could have been attacked by the main fleet of Kooluk and had to contend with Cray as a strategist. As far as I could tell Cray took over the southern Kooluk fleet through much bsing and was set to destroy everyone down there to get the rune again.

Elenor somehow got Scarlet Moon to attack Kooluk. I don't know if this hindered or aided Cray though. Did he return north to see how the war was going or did it set him up to do whatever he wanted without the king's notice. Either way Elenor's main goal was to meet Cray and she did just that.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I'm not mistaken she got Scarlet Moon Empire to attack Kooluk through family connections. Which probably means a child or sibling of hers who was still a strategist in the Scarlet Moon Empire. Of course that was just the impression that I got from the game. As for what the attack did, I was under the impression that the point of it was to decrease Cray's forces by having some of them moved to fight the empire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: