Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Resolving questions and loose plot ends. Lots of spoilers.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Resolving questions and loose plot ends. Lots of spoilers. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so there's a few things I'm not quite clear on. I'd probably know 'em if I'd paid more attention.

What did Elenor want to ask Cray? Why did she stay on the exploding Kooluk fortress and die just so she could talk to Cray?

Is anything known about the being Ted temporarily gave his Soul Eater Rune to?

Is there anything new to be learned about Viki or Jeane. It seems not.

Is there any info on the hero's past. All I know is he has no family a was a Razril knight.

That guy who's searching for a lost love. I think his name was Ornan. In the ending it says he never found her. Do you ever find more info about her?

Who is Nalleo's Mom?

Who is Lino en Kuldes son?

That's all that comes to mind. If others have questions, post them here. I may be able to answer some also.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Nalleo's mom is Louise, I think I read that in the comment box.

Also, there's a theory going round that the Hero is Lino's son, and IMO, it seems likely but I think it's just a theory. Confirmation anyone?
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well. It's hinted at heavily that the woman using the Rune of Punishment in the intro is Lino's wife, Queen of Obel. I mean, it's almost a guarantee. Hero sees her at the end of the game as the final Rune memory. Lino's story fits in with the Hero's background, where his son was lost at sea (How he drifted to Razril is beyond me! O_o) and then it can naturally be assumed that he was found by Lord Vingerhut and raised as a playmate and friend for Snowe. Also, I would assume that the reason Hero didn't get disintegrated by Brandeau's rune of punishment use was either A) The spirit of him mom protected him, or B) He was born WHILE his mother had the rune on her, thus making him 'immune' to a point. Of course, all of this is speculation, but it makes a lot of sense.
maverick

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to hear the order of the runes passing. The game mentions so many people who held it (cray, cray's son, ratkgie's father, lino's wife (who may or may not be hero's mother) and finally brandeau, glen and hero. If I had to pose a theory I would say that it transferred from lino's wife to brandeau simply because in the intro it seems that shes fighting a battle at sea with pirates when she uses it. If Brandeau were to have acquired the rune at that point maybe he or one of his comrades could have found the child and dropped him off at razril at some point where he would be raised by the vingerhut family. It also would have made for better story telling if he unknowingly avenged the death of his mother.
Jeanemon

23356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Lino's wife was the one who summoned it from the ruins, when pirates attacked her ship. Lino tells you in that bedtime story. He, his wife, and their two children were on board. When she used the rune, I think the ship was destroyed and his son was lost.

It might have went to a pirate then, and perhaps Cray came in contact with it from one of his shady dealings. But I think, during that time, he was the kind man of Elenor's memories. He was destroyed from the power, and his left hand was cut off. Then it went to his son. His son used the rune and died. Then I think it went back to the pirates, then to Rakji's father. After that, it went to a pirate named Edgar, to Bradeou when Edgar died, and then to Glen when Brandeou bit the dust.

I think it's been said that the Fog Gaurdian was a desendant of the Cindarians, or something. The valley of Silence, or whatever place Leknaat speaks of, was the home of the Cindar. I really should have read that better.

Viki might be Cindarian as well. In your comment box, she posts a note that says the Fog Ship was farmiliar, or something like that. Of Jeane, nothing else is known.

I think Ornan's love was Louise. He stares at her enough. Maybe he's Nalleo's daddy.

And, yes, Louise is Nalleo's mom. Dario gives you a note that tells you Louise gave him Nalleo as a baby. Louise also drops a note telling you to tell Nalleo that his mother is dead, because she was a terrible mother to him.

Bah. I have questions of my own, but they're odd.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The woman in the intro is officially the Queen of Obel.

Plus, we see an Obel soldier trying to stop her, and Flair wears a costume exactly like hers by the ending.

All the way to the edge of this world
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, that answers a lot of my questions. I wish I had something to add. I'm still skeptical that the hero is Lino's son. That'd just be to corny. Lino says at one point that his son would be just about the hero's age. The fact that Lino made the comparison makes me think it's less likely they are one and the same.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yess it seems if hero is Lino's Son makes the story is easy to predict, huh there is no twisted plot in this game, just to plain .
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if Cray is Lino's son?

It would explain how he got the Rune on him. Considering he would be there when his mother (The Queen of Obel) died.

But then there's his age. Maybe the Rune of Punishment altered his age somehow? :mrgreen:

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Resolving questions and loose plot ends. Lots of spoile Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mad Mage wrote:
Okay, so there's a few things I'm not quite clear on. I'd probably know 'em if I'd paid more attention.

Dunno, usually things like this need a couple playthroughs to figure out. IMO anyway. Anyway forgive the liberal reordering of questions below, if you would :)

Mad Mage wrote:
Is there any info on the hero's past. All I know is he has no family a was a Razril knight.

Who is Lino en Kuldes son?

I think I do believe that Konami [yoinking the hero's name from the demo and running with it] is Lino's son. The timeline fits, it's an interesting twist, and doesn't gain the corny cliche because it's never confirmed.

While I'm not sure that he was born while the Queen had the Rune - her son was an infant [anywhere from just born to 18 or so months old, then; unless I misread the King and he said newborn or something, I don't remember] when she died, but it does not seem likely that she had the Rune for a very long time considering why she summoned the Rune and how we know she died - it could be possible that familial bonds do play a role in Konami's becoming the Tenkai and using the power of the Stars of Destiny [his 108 followers? Sorry Leknaat, you need to learn to count better next time, honestly; he's one of the 108, and I don't think he's his own follower] to turn the Rune of Punishment from its Atonement phase to its Forgiveness phase.

The Atonement phase has its own interesting connotations, of course; who is doing the atoning? Surely not the Rune, since it's causing more heartache in its wake. Humanity? Atoning for what, then, I wonder, and what was it that Konami himself atoned for as their representative in order for the Rune to decide to forgive?

One last minor point here... notice how Lino never mentioned his son's name? Intriguing, no? Why -not- mention his name? Probably to keep fans from giving Konami that name in their next playthrough and making storytime with the King sound ridiculous :) But that's just my two cent thought on the matter.

Mad Mage wrote:
What did Elenor want to ask Cray? Why did she stay on the exploding Kooluk fortress and die just so she could talk to Cray?

This is a good question. I think I need to see the scene over again. A question I might have had would be "What made you attack your own nation?" Or "why did you cut off your own hand to rid yourself of the Rune, only to want it back again now?" Of course, it's doubtful he knew his son would inherit the Rune, back then; his insanity probably stems from realizing that his own actions are what condemned his son. I could be mistaken and he could just be a sick fuck who willingly sacrificed his son. No clue, to be perfectly honest. Oooo, I know one! "What the HELL was that tree... thing??" Depends on how much Elenor had to drink the night before, I spose ;)

Mad Mage wrote:
Is anything known about the being Ted temporarily gave his Soul Eater Rune to?

He said he had a score to settle with Chaos. That's a pretty big thing to want to tackle. Of course, if anything can fight Order or Chaos either one, it would certainly seem to be the True Runes. Having two of them in your posession would make for a mighty nice start. I'm not sure about him [pronoun used loosely, of course] being related to the Sindar, but anything's possible. Viki's relation to that being's world seems plausible enough, except doesn't she come -from- a realm of Chaos? Hrm. She -is- the same Viki we saw in Suikogaiden, after all. But I digress here. My best personal guess would be that he's from a realm of Order [except that his appearance doesn't strike me as... orderly] or an outcaste from a realm of Chaos wanting revenge on the concept that spurned him? Weak, yes, but he does at the -very- least seem to come from another domain than the natural world entirely.

Mad Mage wrote:
Is there anything new to be learned about Viki or Jeane. It seems not.

Nothing I know of, sorry. At best you have the comment someone mentioned about Viki recognizing the Mist Ship, or whatever it was called, but I never saw that comment, so I can't, well, comment.

Mad Mage wrote:
That guy who's searching for a lost love. I think his name was Ornan. In the ending it says he never found her. Do you ever find more info about her?

Generic character with mysterious past and future, anyone? Dunno, think he was a throwaway character.

Mad Mage wrote:
Who is Nalleo's Mom?

Sounds like this one was answered, I suppose. Shame I missed that message.

Mad Mage wrote:
That's all that comes to mind. If others have questions, post them here. I may be able to answer some also.

I have one! Do we know whether or not the Forgiving Punishment Rune carries the ageless effect? *twitches slightly, imagining all True Rune bearers as Aes Sedai* I -presume- so, since Leknaat said that if he ever loses the Rune, it'll return to its ways of culling humanity one host at a time... it would certainly be a shame if his lifespan was the best that could be expected to keep the Rune in check, but do we have any actual in game text that suggests this?
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

What if Cray is Lino's son?

It would explain how he got the Rune on him. Considering he would be there when his mother (The Queen of Obel) died.

But then there's his age. Maybe the Rune of Punishment altered his age somehow?

I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

Quote:

I have one! Do we know whether or not the Forgiving Punishment Rune carries the ageless effect? *twitches slightly, imagining all True Rune bearers as Aes Sedai* I -presume- so, since Leknaat said that if he ever loses the Rune, it'll return to its ways of culling humanity one host at a time... it would certainly be a shame if his lifespan was the best that could be expected to keep the Rune in check, but do we have any actual in game text that suggests this?

I would think that he would be ageless, as there's nothing to refute that. The only exceptions I know of are when the runes are split...like in Suikoden II.

The Hero is definitely Reno (Lino)'s son. No doubt.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure I would say "no doubt" to him being the young en Kuldes, but I do agree with you. And I'm still unsure about the ageless thing *twitches* until we know for certain. But, then, I agree with you there too. I just like getting more definitive facts.
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, if the runes is split it doesn't give agelessness?
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mad Mage wrote:
Wait, if the runes is split it doesn't give agelessness?

Yes. The Gate Rune is an exception, it's supposed to be in two parts or something like that.

You see in Suikoden II, Jowy and Riou have the seperate halves of the Rune, and they will die of old age.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is that, so far, the Rune of the Beginning has never existed. They're two components of the full. The Rune of the Gate is split in half, but had existed as a True Rune. Someone else said soemthing of the sort, so I can't claim credit, but... Black Sword and Bright Shield are like the cookie dough and the chocolate chips. Apart, they're not a cookie. But the Rune of the Gate is a fully baked chocolate chip cookie that someone split in half so they could share it. See the difference?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: