Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why the Suikoden hero has not been well received
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Every time I put effort and time into typing an entry, it seems like someone always disproves me

I know how you feel, it's like Layfield follows me around, waiting for me to think on my own and then BLAM! He just slams everything I say...it's really quite mean of him.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe if y'all tried to right some of the time, y'all wouldn't be disproved all the time. :P

Though, I am perplexed at my name being brought up. How many things have I honestly disproved in my brief time here? Not much, I'm willing to wager.

Also, Graham Cray rules, I would personally go out of my way to slam any post degrading him. But as for the Hero IV post made on the last page, well, it works well and is well laid out for the most part. I have no real complaints about that one.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't understand Graham Cray. He cuts off his arm to get rid of his true rune, and then a few years later he's searching to get it back. I mean, make up your mind, Cray! You can't go cutting off body parts and then changing your mind about it....
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder, my sister did think that the Suikoden IV's hero was wearing a helmet.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if i was to point out anything negative in your colossal post, it would be that i felt that he did have someone speaking for him. First Snowe, and later on Lino. These two did most of the speaking for him, for some reason. But this is is pretty minor, so i don't truly care. Good post.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
As for his wardrobe being appropriate for his setting...I can't disagree there, except for his knight outfit. Why would marine knights wear metal armor? They work on and around ships and the sea, where they might drown from the weight of thier armor and thier armor can rust easily from exposure. Even worse, the knights wear tight blue spandex under thier khaki shorts. When I first saw the Razril Knights uniforms I literally giggled. It was funny then. Blue spandex bodysuits, with oversized khaki shorts, and knight's chest armor. It had to be a joke.

I never really understood this either. Honestly, I find their armor to be really that good. Although I like the the heroIV's casual costume better then his armor. I agree though, the animation wasn't really done that well and the modeling for the hero wasn't that great. They got the story formula right for Suikoden, but they kind of forgot everything else that S3 had.

Quote:
And you're told that it slowly drains the life force out of the bearer and kills him, all the while showing him the memories of previous bearers and feeding off of the misery the bearer feels. But you never feel that. The supporting characters just say "That rune is a terrible burden, I can never imagine how you feel and what you're going through" What? Yes you can. Just sit on the couch and stare at a wall all day. There, now you know what the burden of the Rune of Punishment is like.

This depends. Some people like Futch actually did feel sorry for him. As pointed out when Katerina was questioning what hero4 was alive some actually felt sorry for him. Not in the same way as Tir, but slightly none the less.
I think another problem that wasn't discussed was hero4 never lost anyone. Tir losses his friends and his dad, Riou loses Jowy and Nanami, Hugo loses Lulu, Chris loses her father and the girl(What was her name? I can't remember. Yuzu? No that's the farmer girl), Geddoe lost his friend the FC. Hero4 doesn't really lose anyone as a result of the war. Yes Eleanor does go down with Cray in the end, but it doesn't stirr him up in anyway either. So it's harder to pity him.

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i can say the suikoden 4, while not being THAT a bad game... has been pretty dissapointung with me... if i look back of course...

i mean first... the hero...: the fact that he does speak does not bother me at all, i
'm not one to be able to judge of heroe'S personality and in therm of clothing style... i have no fashion sense... but what bothered me was the fact that each time i saw him,.. i did not see a suikdoen hero... i saw luke skywalker!!!! i dunno why , he just made me think of him...

the other thing that bothered me with the game was the scenario...:

i mean... okay, the "evil" empire is trying to conquer and among them are some honorable man"... however... it seemed too easy, i mean, look, first the kooluk conquer most the island nations.... and then stop... just like that... next once the island are united, the kooluk stood no chance...

at least in suikoden 1 and 2, instead of showing and abusive army, it showed the heroes army more liek in equal term and showed that they still had difficulties... its simple... when i was about to attack the kooluk'f final fortress... i though tto myself...

I SHOUL'D BE HERE!!! ITS TOO SOON!!

this is the kind of fight where you destroy the ennemies bight advantage in order to give them a final blow!! wheter they just had no time or space on the CD left... it is obvious that they rushed the game...

another point that made me "minus" the game...

in all previous suikoden, there had been some kind of link wich could tell us something like: hey i know this one!!

we had something to grip us and where nto lost in a "foreign country"( sorry for the example) this is exactly what hapenend in suikoden 4.

we lost about everything that could make us see a suikoden game...

sure!!! viki and jeanne are cool.. however, 2 characters do not make a game

ted could have been the GREAT thing about suikoden 4... but they cut off his role once we get him in the team.... (normal tought.. he is supposed to go unoticed in order no to be seen by windy)

eleanor silverver:... this could also have been something good to link with others... however the only immage i had of her was a drunkard who decided to hide herself in an hermitage wiht her pupils to do god knows what things...

scholtenheim reinbach: ... the name... that'S all... not enough... poor viktor...

finnally i think, while this game was enjoyable while i played it, this this game is a failure to the other, suikoden 1 was fun and the first one... there is was permitted to make things..."easy"

the second was by far the best

the third, while it had some nice subplot, was jsut some personnal vendetta and they needed an army because their oponent was too strong...

the fourt... i got nothing else to say for now....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: