Suikoden Unique and Informational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Reinbach is powerful
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reinbach is powerful Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ever tried putting your fury rune on Reinbach? He does about 1000 damage a turn to the final boss with it (if you use his rose rune)!

On a side note, isn't it insanely cool how they actually put him in a game. I've always loved the in joke that is Shtolteheim Reinbach III, so to actually see the living legend was quite a shock and a joy.

Edited 'cause I'm a fool.

Last edited by Mad Mage on Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How does imbuing rage rune improve his red rose rune? Or did you mean fury rune?
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoops! I think I'll edit that. I always get those mixed up. Hey, Rage and Fury are much alike.
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"I've always loved the in joke that is Shtolteheim Reinbach III, so to actually see the living legend was quite a shock and a joy."

I found it more amusing that the hero could introduce himself as Schtolteheim Reinbach II to none other than Schtolteheim Reinbach II. ^^
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the option was to introduce yourself as Shtolteheim Reinbach III when you met II. If I had had a saved game recent before that, I would have done it, just to see what the reaction would have been.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't gotten up there yet, but in my New Game + I'm saving then choosing the dumb or "wrong" answers to questions, then reloading to continue. I'll let you know what happens when I get there though. =P

Also, if you havent, I suggest beheading Snowe (Noble-clothed Snowe, not pirate. Haven't done that yet.) at least once (Saving before, of course.) The scene is so sad. Like a little bit of the old Suikoden calibre, tucked away in a scene you're never supposed to see. =/
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting. I really want to see this now. New Game +, here I come!

Well, as soon as I beat the game, anyway. Almost there!
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe....I wonder if the ending, the good/bad ending relishes the caption "Travelled away, to become a lowly jujube vendor." That would be......TOO good.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuromimi, I enjoyed that as well, though I didn't want to take the chance of going the sarcastic route (but, at the very least, it preserved on of the in-jokes which has been with Suikoden from the beginning), since I'm not sure I saved after fighting "Little Daisy" and I was not anxious to do that battle again any time soon. I didn't even have enough magic to beat it with my main party, one of the ship parties had to finish it off.

At least when fighting battles on the ship, you don't have to worry about using Jizo Clocks/Sacrificial Jizos, since switching to another party and back again does the trick.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had mainly magicians in my party. I also found out that you could use long-range attacker's weapons (such as Kate) on the boss, and I think I was able to do the Ninja attack unite (between Akaghi and Mizuki). I also used my other teams, but they were not leveled up as high as my team that I used then (Hero, Kate, Akaghi, Mizuki-just liked the True Ninja attack)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Jeanemon

23356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the Rage Rune was more powerfull than the Thunder rune, oddly enough. You can surf around the island later and fight more Little Dasies.

And I loved the entire sceen with Snowe sailing into Razril. I beheaded him. Twice. Haven't done it at any of the other options, yet. I'll try it third time around.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahah, I noticed that he's pretty strong too. What a trooper, love em.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean there are more Little Daisies to contend with as random encounters? Oh smeg... well, at least now I've got Ted to help out with the long range attacks. Mental note: include a healthy mix of archers when sailing in the Middleport region. Of course, with a Prosperity rune, the potch reward for defeating Little Daisy is fairly generous. But the endless supply of Kooluk soldiers in Na-Nal may be a more reliable cash grab.

Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The random-monster Moving Isles (Dunno what the real name is) are HARD, especially if you fight them underleveled. Took me 15 minutes to kill one once. Good thing I use long-range attackers, like dart and bow-users to do some regular attack damage. >_>
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only other random monster which I found to be quite difficult was Leviathan. I've only encountered them twice, beat it once and retreated when it started to lay waste to my party in the second encounter. I'm hoping I get a chance to fight Leviathan again, and hopefully win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: