Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A change of garb
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: A change of garb Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some characters have different garb at different points in the game. The six recruits for the Gaien Knights, for starters, but others too.... Can you ever switch garb for some of them? I know you can for one, later on, but I'm not sure all the specifics.

Spoilers:
For example, I just found Snowe's noble garment when dragging around with the net, south of the Pirate's Den. Can Snowe's pirate garb be found too? Perhaps around wherever it was you fought him the second time [I'm going to need to look at a guide, since I've forgotten]? And how about the King of Obel? I kinda liked his Kingly garb. Can those be found somewhere as well?

EDIT: Erk! Wrong forum! Can some kindly administrative type person move this to the GS4 forum? *sheeps*
Marth

Pancake Masters

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol this thread still didn't move so i'll post here IN BLACK Spoiler Proof Writing.

umm you found Snowes firs one eh? Well he has two more outfits you can find Yes you can find the pirate one Its by Iluya and his knight uniform is beside Razril. Of and about Lino's crazy get up? Well after you see that the first time check his drawers in his room you might be surprized Try equptimg what you find on him i never tried it but something might happen.

yay! Writing is fun!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. Guess the admin don't love me enough to want to move threads for me. *sighs dramatically* That and well it is my own fault for posting in the wrong place. You'd think, with only two forums that I actually read, that I'd not have a problem with that, right? Heh, you'd like to think that, wouldn't you? Or I would, anyway.

Anyway, never did find that one thing, which upsets me. I'm on my second play through, hopefully I'll find it this time 'round.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wrong...neener neener! :P

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
ecuafan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

where exactly around iluya is it? and how do u know wjhen u find it? does a scene happen or do u just have to pull up the net? thanks

*don't use 'u' as a replacement for you; type out the word from now on, thanks*
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks FCS! ^_^;;

From the one and only one I managed to find, you just have to pull up the net. I was looking for Pirate King Boots and got both them AND Snowe's Noble Garb at the same time, outside the Pirate's Nest.

Question is, too, what happens when the net fills? Does nothing else get in, or do new things bump old out? Is it even possible to find out, I wonder?
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think anything else fits in once the net fills. I've been looking for the pirate garment for over 9 hours now.

Oh by the way, Harukaze, here's a good tip: You don't have to sail your ship around. You can just cast the net around the area you want the costume and just leave your ship floating in the waters and check after around ever 3~9 minutes for the net to fill up. I got a lot of furniture but no pirate outfit! That one kicked so much butt.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as for Lino's second gear...nope he doesnt wear it if you put his Fancy Robe on...all it does is make them wear thier normal clothes at the ending speech he give in Obel...i took it and then read that if you dont steal thier robe...atleast Flare is wearing clothes similar to her mother...not too sure about Lino but i presume he also has his King outfit on...

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Gaara. I forget who, but someone on another thread also told me; the tip is a great one to know, since I was overly frustrated trying to find the Pirate King Boots by Pirate Isle. Stupid things. Jeez. Took forever of me dancing circles around the stupid place.

I gave up on finding the clothing [did I say that here, or on the other thread?] and have begun a new game +. Since I now hear that Snowe's unite is something worth using, I'll consider having him in my party again once I get him... it's just his stats are so pathetic! I can forgive Lino for not casting level 4 magic since his attack is so strong, but Snowe's isn't up to snuff. I want an affective party that can kill with equal efficiency if I hit Auto or hit X a whole lot. I don't want to have to plan battles unless, well, I have to; even Eugene beat out Snowe for usefulness in that regard. Okay, except for the whole dying thing; stupid permanent Firefly Rune. No wonder the poor kid didn't want to be a warrior!

Anyway, I wonder if a kindly admin might close this thread? I technically began it before the other thread, but since I had it in the wrong place, that thread [Snowe's Costumes] was quite established already. And the other question I had, about Lino's garb, has been answered quite thoroughly, so the only thing left is a mirror of the other thread.

Oh, one last thing, since I've no where else in particular to say it, but Gaara, I like the new avatar. Remind me not to want to go up against you in battle? You know, aside from the whole Archers-slaughter-magicians thing, you're just damned scary! ^_^;;
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha! Thanks Harukaze, but you don't have to worry even if you're on the roster for the Zexen battle since I've already been taken out! Damn Synchysi kicked my butt so bad.

Yeah, after posting the tip here I noticed that it was mentioned on another thread. Oh and I don't think Snowe's stats suck, he's among the strongest Physical attackers. Here's a list from the strongest to the weakest and what their strength would be if they were on level 99 with weapons sharpened to 16.

Strongest to Weakest
Bartholomew - 231
Gau - 229
Helga - 227
Snowe - 223
Dario - 209
Lino - 205
Tal - 205
Hervey - 196
Isaac - 191
Mitsuba -186

Hope it helps.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no problem; i do notice, it just takes a bit of time, in most cases-i usually avoid sIV related stuff due to spoilers, but in this case:

net? garb in the water?? EHH? :?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol, I'll explain sybillious. If you played Suikoden IV then you must have noticed that Snowe has a bunch of different costumes he wears throughout the game.

He starts with the Knight Trainee Costume.
Afterwards he wears the Noble Costume.
Later he'll wear a totally awesome Pirate Costume.
Finally when he joins you he just wears some grabage garb.

If you want, you can acquire some of his outfits through net fishing. Unlike Suikoden II, in Suikoden IV there are 2 types of fishing. 1 is the normal one we all know, the other is you tell Shiramine to cast a net in the sea, and then in the World Map you can either sail around or just stay still and after 10 mins, Shiramine will show you everything that ended up in the net from fish to window sets to equipment and lastly, Snowe's other costumes. Each of his costumes can be found in different areas.

If you cast the net around...

-Pirates' Nest, you'll get the Noble Outfit.
-Iluya Island, you'll get the Pirate Outfit.
-Razril Port, you'll get the Knight Outfit.
condor

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so i just have to put the net around the areas u said and leave it for a few minutes? alright, gonna try it now!
gracias amigos!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She actually hasn't played is why she's confused ^_^;;
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i wonder if having a Item's support character in your group would help?

i remember i sepnt over 2 hours looking for the pirate outfit...then i put Igor into my group just to try it out...and then BAM! there i got it the next time I pulled up my net...i didnt try getting the other clothes only becuz i didnt like them as much as the pirate...Snowe looks badass in it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: