Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Flame Champion info
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Geddoe is from the Grasslands originally. It says this when he talks of the Flame Champion that they have the Wyatt representing the Zexen side, Geddoe representing the Grasslands side, and the Flame Champion leading them all.

I think Geddoe's tribe/village was desroyed by Harmonia as they searched for the True Rune, but he took it and scarpered.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As has been pointed out before, the Grasslands are supposedly much bigger than what we saw in the game- referencing the Safir Clan again, it's very curious that we never see what part of Grassland they inhabited. Even if they were nomadic as the Karayans seemed to be, they should at least have had a territory they claimed as their own, as the Ducks, Lizards, Alma Kinan, and Chisha did. It's not impossible that it might have been a little further east of Chisha/Alma Kinan, closer to Harmonia, and thus more of a target for tensions between the two countries. And if the Flame Champion had lived there, that tension might have supplied more personal incentive for him to take up arms and unite the Fire Bringer. That's mere theory, though.

It's said that Geddoe apparently received the True Lightning Rune in the area around where Karaya Village is located at the time of the game, and given that he apparently left with that rune after Harmonia destroyed his country, maybe the area east/southeast of the Amur Plains is where his country was located before it was destroyed by Harmonia. There seems to be some discrepancy as to where exactly Geddoe received the True Lightning Rune, though, so don't quote me on that...
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It's said that Geddoe apparently received the True Lightning Rune in the area around where Karaya Village is located at the time of the game, and given that he apparently left with that rune after Harmonia destroyed his country, maybe the area east/southeast of the Amur Plains is where his country was located before it was destroyed by Harmonia. There seems to be some discrepancy as to where exactly Geddoe received the True Lightning Rune, though, so don't quote me on that...

I've got to quote you on this...
? I'm currently playing through again and I have seen no such information about that. So just to ask, is this from manga or something I'm missing over?

So for all we know, FC wasn't even from Grasslands? But Grasslands is big so its probable that he's from some random, non-important tribe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It came from that magazine that Konami occasionally puts out articles about Suikoden in; I can't remember the name, but Suikosource.com should have it in their Weblog if you look back far enough. When Geddoe first meets Jimba in Chapter One, Jimba remarks that it's odd to see Geddoe hanging around where Karaya is located, and asks "Isn't this supposed to be a cursed land to you?" Geddoe just kind of shrugs it off, apparently not caring anymore. That's a reference to him having received True Lightning in that area, or so the article said; I think it mentioned that he never liked to pass through there during the war, either. Apparently he's gotten over it, though.

Again, there seems to be some disagreement as to where Geddoe got True Lightning, but that's a curious comment all the same.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, thats good to know. That will help me with my story. Thanks for that information. I'll make sure to incorporate it into my story to add something for those hardcore suiko fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am actually clueless about this but I wanted to make a theory and start discussing about it, with development of course.

The clothing of FC is truly unique and since he is the bearer of the True Fire Rune, is not it possible that similar to Sierra that he also recieved this rune in such early time in Suikoden? It's possible that his village--which had exist a long time ago perished or had evolved to a high stage?

It could be that there was an unmentioned war that had drived him to the True Fire Rune and he managed to escaped with it. Then when he returned, he probably felt anger that he ran away instead of helping them and thus, he helps his people in order to pay for what he had done.

Yeah, a crazy theory :?
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he gave himself over to Harmonia and Harmonia is so interested in the true runes, why didn't they take the True Fire Rune from him? It's clear that it's common knowledge that at least he had the True Fire Rune. Geddoe's and Wyatt's runes could be up for contestation as to whether many knew about their possessors anyway.

I have another question concerning that. How did Luc know Geddoe had the True Lightning Rune in the first place? I can't remember but did he use it on Luc after you battled the Fire Dragon or something?

As far as the Flame Champion goes, him Geddoe and Wyatt seemed to have pretty good companionship. Particularly with that recurring pattern in each of their attire (which Acheron has pointed out to me once) so my guess would be that his name wouldn't stick out when you said the three together. It wouldn't be like Wyatt, Geddoe and Bartholomew or something. And I also don't think it would have much to do with fire since most of the true rune bearers (save Neclord, maybe) don't really have names that really have anything to do with their true rune. A fitting name might be... James, perhaps?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well he started the Fire Bringers against Harmonia before he got his True Fire Rune - I'm sure some people stealthed into Harmonia and stole it or aquired it that way didn't they?

Anyway, I'm sure Wyatt got the TWR before the Flame Champion.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I didn't think that writing this story about the first fire bringer war would be all too difficult but now I see that there is much to be interpreted. I'll have to get my story strait long before I start.

I did a little name searching and came up with this. Edan is of celtic origin and means "Full of Fire" which seems accurate. Also it doesn't stick out when said with Wyatt and Geddoe (Two syllabel theme). I like it. Ironically it's close to what I put made up at random for my most recent playthrough (Eton). I like it, what do you think?

I'd contribute something more to the conversation but I need to go to bed. It's 3AM so I'll add something substantial later in an edit.
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brecht wrote:
If he gave himself over to Harmonia and Harmonia is so interested in the true runes, why didn't they take the True Fire Rune from him? It's clear that it's common knowledge that at least he had the True Fire Rune. Geddoe's and Wyatt's runes could be up for contestation as to whether many knew about their possessors anyway.

I think they did? I remember reading that the Flame Champion stole back the True Fire Rune when the Fire Bringer rescued him from imprisonment in Harmonia, so they must have somehow gotten it away from him. Odd, I'd have thought he'd have died shortly after the ritual, but if that happened, I guess he toughed it out. If they didn't, which seems far more likely, then I imagine it's probably because they could not forcibly remove the TR and could only confine it somehow.

Quote:
I have another question concerning that. How did Luc know Geddoe had the True Lightning Rune in the first place? I can't remember but did he use it on Luc after you battled the Fire Dragon or something?

Well, if you choose to have him pound Luc with Hammer of Raijin, there it is, eh? 8-) But more likely, Luc figured it out by researching the First Fire Bringer War. Since Geddoe and Wyatt both allegedly appear in the signing of the common land agreement at Budehuc Castle, that probably set him on the right track to discovering the bearers, and when he went after the True Runes to bring them out, there they were.

It's definitely impossible for him to have just "sensed" it, though. The True elemental Runes, at the very least, don't seem to reflect that kind of power.

It's possible that the True Wind Rune could have shown him images of the future involving them, though, but I think I'd lean more on his research.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I think the name Edan suits quite well.

Also Luc might not have known exactly who had the True Lightning Rune, but he knew that it was around the Grasslands, or would at least resurface once Harmonia began to invade again.

Then Geddoe released the True Lightning Rune in Budehuc infront of Joker.

I'm guessing after that Luc could've sensed it quite easily.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall them mentioning anything about him stealing the True Fire Rune back. I know he stole it from Harmonia in the beginning in order to begin the Fire Bringers, but I don't know if he had to steal it back again, but that seems sensible enough. I doubt they would have let him keep a True Rune while under their custody. But, it is just as possible that he kept the True Fire Rune and they came to some kind of agreement to restrict him from using its power.

As for how Luc knew that Geddoe had the True Lightning Rune. I'm guessing that it was common knowledge that Geddoe was involved in the First Fire Bringer War by those knowledgeable individuals in Harmonia. I mean there are documents with evidence that Geddoe was involved in the war. Heck, they even have pictures of him. So, I doubt it was tough for Luc to do some research and narrow things out by a little bit of reason. A man that hasn't changed his appearance in 50 years is a good sign that he has a True Rune in the Suikoden world.

So, I don't think Luc had to sense it at all if they had evidence to support that Geddoe and Wyatt had True Runes and they knew which True Runes were involved in the First Fire Bringer War, which they did. Evidence shows that they more than likely knew Geddoe was from the country that had once possessed the True Lightning Rune and they already knew Wyatt had the True Water Rune. So, it was just a matter of putting two and two together.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's my personal theory that the Flame Champion decided to give himself up but he knew the rune he possesed needed to stay out of Harmonian control. I think that he also knew that it was important that word doesn't get out that he didn't have the True Fire Rune. So he needed a place away from everyone to keep it until his subordinates mount his jail break.

What better place for it than in a mountain cave on the outskirts of Grasslands which only route to getting their was pretty much directly in front of a formidible fighting force of Grasslands? So he contructs the shrine at Senai, the Flame Champions Altar, or the Insect Trainers Altar. It's also close enough that it may be able to sustain his immortality from it's place or what ever the case maybe, it's completely with out game back up so we'll leave it at that. Just think about how close it is. There must have been a reason for it. Otherwise it would be hidden even better.

It says at Suikosource that the Fire Bringer help him to regain his True Rune. In his absense they had lost many villages, I suspect one of them being the Carna Tribe, now known as Le Buque. With them galavanting around speaking about their protecting of the Flame Champions Altar and what not, it would seem that Harmonia may take notice and gaurd the area with some army regulars. Thus the Fire Bringer and Flame Champion fight off the gaurds of where the True Fire Rune is held, or sealed perhaps. Then they get the rune back and leave telling Le Buque to stop calling it Flame Champions because it was drawing more than a comfortable amount of attention. Also maybe Le Buque was left to Harmonia in the peace agreement and also as a mole. Strategy in place for future conflicts. Who knows? I'll throw aroud some theorys and such in my fic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: