Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Fighting Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Suikoden Fighting Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami isn't totally alien to this genre, and as a fighting game fan I was wondering how cool it would be if they went about this the right way. After all, they've already given Suikoden an off-genre spinoff with the card game. But unlike that, I think Suikoden could work very easily as a Soul Calibur-type weapon fighter. Characters would have certain Runes that give them special powers (Unlike the Street Fighter games, where characters can do their powers seemingly out of nowhere), in addition to normal physical special attacks. The idea of Riou VS. Jowy 1-on-1 or more hypothetical battles like Flik VS. Geddoe is enough to make me salivate.

So what do you guys think? If it was ever announced, would it be something you got excited about? Who would you want to see in it?
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course I would like to see it.... I am the ultimate beat'em'up player though I love Role playing Games ... to to be honest I'd prefer if they just kept it as an RPG...
Shishi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a very interesting idea, but that is a lot of characters to work on XD especially if they want each character to be unique :3 and have their very own special skill ^^ but the idea is very interesting and fun

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually prefer fighting games in 2-d such as Street Fighter, I really dislike fighting with weapons (Like in Soul Calibur)

Since SFa3 all fighting games i've played lost a lot of technique and switched to "button-smashing" mechanics.

But hey, Im just a Karin Fanboy (SFa3) what do I know?
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, I would _so_ love to use Guillome...just to be evil :twisted:

I think that if a Suikoden fighting game were to 'work' it would probably have to be in 2D. It just seems that the art in this game would work better in 2D.
One of the problems is that they would have to choose a small amount of characters, and how could you pick through the amount of great characters in the series to get a decent amount for a fighting game?
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well seeing as there is only around I'm guessing 100 actual fighters maybe a tad more in the series and some are just repeats or kinda lame (Like Krin) I think it could be done choosing the top 20-30. It would be awesome to have like Viktor with a clone rune attack or Kusami with her shrike rune or Valeria with her falcon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

or pick the unmost important characters, those relivie to the plot, Jowy is relitive to the plot, the girl who farms isn't i she? Hugo is more important to the plot then others.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always thought this was a great idea. I agree it would be better in 2D, but I wonder if the gaming masses feel so.

I think a dream match with characters from all four Suikodens would be best. Sure, you couldn't have much more than ten characters from each game, and even that is an optimistic number. But you could at least play the fan favorites with a few obscure hidden characters thrown in. One thing that might make it cool is if you got to choose what runes to equip before the battle. Each rune would grant you specific moves. Naturally some runes might be character specific like the Soul Eater, but even that wouldn't have to be.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking like 5-10 of the best/plot characters for each game, something like

Suikoden 1: Tir, Gremio, Ted, Viktor, Flik, Viktor, Odessa

Suikoden 2: Riou, Joey, (Maybe a new costume for Flik and Viktor), Nanami, Luca, maybe Jeane.

Suikoden 3: Chris, Geddoe, Hugo, Lucia, Yuber, Masked Bishop (for non spoilers), Sarah.

Suikoden 4: Hero, Snowe, Kika, Lino, (Maybe new costume for Jeane), Flare.

Something like that. This is a really neat idea :mrgreen:
Col Ahiru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, if the game were in 2D a lot more characters would be possible. I believe the record for 3D games in terms of characters is Tekken Tag Tournament, and that's around 30. Contrast that to games like Marvel VS. CApcom 2 and Capcom VS. SNK 2, which can have up to 56! characters. Now, I wouldn't expect that if they were to make a Suikoden fighting game, but if it were in 2D I could easily see a cast of 40 or so, which would allow for lots of fan favorites as well as story-important characters.

I'll probably spend tonight coming up with my dream cast. :)
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*cracks knuckles*
Okay, so encorporating the idea of 40 characters should this be a 2D fighting game, I will list 10 characters from each game that I would like to beat on people with. :twisted: Suikoden II will have 15 characters, and 5 will be subtracted from Suikoden IV, for fan based purposes. :wink:

Suikoden I: Tir, Gremio, Pahn, Cleo, Flik, Viktor, Ted, Crowley, Lepant, Kage

Suikoden II: Riou, Nanami, Viki, Pesmerga, Mazus, Sierra, Jowy, Kasumi, Clive, Chaco, and unlockables - Luca, Neclord, Seed, Culgan, Jowy in Highland outfit with sword

Suikoden III: Hugo, Geddoe, Chris, Lucia, Futch, Bishop(masked, unmasked as an unlockable), Yuber, Sarah, Sgt. Joe, Thomas

Suikoden IV: Hero, Snowe(all outfits unlockables, starts in rags), Kika, Lino, Jeane

Well those are my picks, I limited them to story characters and characters that I think would be interesting in a fighting game, such as Sgt. Joe and Chaco.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

damn... because I haven't played suikoden three or four I will be at a litle disadvantage through naming people to be in this fighting game but I will name some to be in the first two...

Suikoden 1;

Pahn- my number one choice... I reckon that people will mostly go for this guy the first time they play simply because...well... look at him, his a Ryu look a like but in red of course...

Tir- Can't forget the main man now can we, it's something about that bandana... reminds me of billy from one of the SNK games... billy also has a staff... but his one can turn to nunchukas...

Gremio- hmm.. the cross on his face makes him look rather cool which people will see when on the character selection cursur... people might give him a test run first and may decide to like him after...

Valeria- Well there has to be a female character somewhere and Valeria looks the part for this... I would have said cleo but she throws daggers and well... I don't know about you but people want swords and strength and for skill they want nunchukas and all that... but Cleo would still have to be in the game... dagger can be cool at times.

Kage, Fuma and Kasumi- Haven't you noticed? in every fighting game series there is always a ninja... always! these include Hyabusa from dead or alive who now has his own game known as ninja gaiden, there's scorpian from Mortal Kombat who is now highly popular, in street fighter there is Guy, who to me is like a ninja... fatal fury, you know...

Clive- one of the characters without a background... of course he has one but the fighting game players wouldn't know now will they? just like pesmerga...
Pesmerga- ...what? you expected me to put him here? yeah... I guess, in almost... no in every fighting game (I think) there is one good guy that looks evil. There is one dressed in dark colours, some armoured to the teeth... well in suikoden, this is our man!

Viktor- we all need someone who think's that they are the best... Ken towards Ryu, Andy towards Terry bogard... you get me? well Viktor has that barbaric strong bear look... I think because UberYuber hit him with a stick too many times :lol:

Flik- Seeing as though people like the colour blue and people who dress in one colour with a head band (like Ryu) then Flik is the blue Ryu...

oh and the final boss will have to be someone like barbarosa... turns into dragon and then fight fight fight... yeah

Now for Suikoden 2;

first up would be Riou... as the same as suikoden 1 the main character must be in the game... plus he's the skill type character with tonfas... we should all now how skillful they are if we've played dynasty warriors... Sun Ce?

Jowy... yeah the Ken replacer! jowy also is a skill type character, with his staff he can mimic half of Tir's moves from suikoden one for anyone who has gotten good with Tir... will move to this game and then favour Jowy's similarity...

Viktor and Flik... well same reasons really apart from a few upgrades and changes of clothes... and maybe sharpen the weapons looks...

Pesmerga... Same erason yeah... you guessed it...

and there are loads of others but I am not that bothered to really name them and describe/give reasons as to why yet...

The bosses will have to be Luca Blight! Neclord, Culgana and seed... and best of all... (can you guess) the best bost will be YUBER! well the answer is in a shadow... but guess anyway. knowing me will know the boss... heh, but this character will be like a mortal kombat character... by that I mean when your playing arcade mode... your moving on and doing normal things and suddenly the screen explodes black and say new challenger or something and then the fight begins...hehehe

Okay now that i'm all caught up in this I will do one thing for you guys... I figured 'aww I want to win first place in the national drag festival competition... the cross dressing thing' well too bad I don't have enough time and I owe that to my college... since what I am about to propose will have no dead line I can do this... I will draw any one charcter that anyone asks me too for this fighting game illusion... of course only from suikoden one and suikoden two though... but if you want suikoden three and four don't forget to send me a playstation 2 and the suikoden games ok.. lol

just post here or PM me with a character ready... and I'll sketch it, scan it, photobucket thingy it and put it up here... going through all ths trouble... for everyone here... :wink:
Col Ahiru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, since I started the thread, can I have first dibs? ;) Let's see, that must be a lot of work so I'd want you to do someone you actually want...How about Clive? I think almost everyone likes him, so I'd say that's a good choice.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dherder222 wrote:
Well, since I started the thread, can I have first dibs? ;) Let's see, that must be a lot of work so I'd want you to do someone you actually want...How about Clive? I think almost everyone likes him, so I'd say that's a good choice.

as you wish... it will be ready for tonight... if not ill remove 50 soldiers from myself...but why clive?
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! I'd loe to own one of these! It would be great if it was just 2D so it is reminiscent of the past games. The Character art is really astounding so it's a good thing.

I could make some fictional art if you want. Just sketches for now coz i'm SOOO~ lazy.

But anyway, I'd like to see Viki here... So my list would be...

Suikoden I:
Tir, Ted, Gremio, Pahn, Cleo, Flik, Viktor, Kirkis, and Oddessa

Suikoden II:
Riou, Jowy, Nanami, Luc (can be interchanged with SIII one), Gengen*, Sid*.
*just fo racial representatives.

Suikoden III:
Hugo, Chris, Geddoe, Sasaai, Luc, Fubar, Little Viki.

Suikoden IV:
Hero IV, Kika, Lino En Kuldes, Snowe, Viki, Jeane.

Special:
Leknaat, Viki(alt), Jeane(alt), Ted(SIV alt)

Just some ideas... I might fake a screenshot if i can so it would look like it xists! :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: