Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ted, Aldo and Tir
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lazlo wrote:
I remember this quote, and I never really took it seriously after SIV came out-it seems like one of those statements that was made before the concept of SIV was even created, and would be corrected if Konami could go back and change it. I mean, wouldn't Ted consider Hero IV a true friend? If anything, they've got a lot in common-both sharing twisted, tragic fates with their true runes and all-and Ted confides in Hero IV more than anyone else in the game. I personally think it would be cool if they remade Suikoden for the PS3 and made him say "In 300 years, you were the first true friend I ever had....No...there was one other...."

True enough the hero did give Ted his will to fight fate, however that doesn't automatically make him a friend. I think what Ted meant by this is that Tir is the first one he felt was his friend. To Ted, the hero may have been just some guy he kind of admired. Or someone he's working for the time being. You don't consider everyone you work with as a friend right? Plus, the Hero doesn't go out of his way to be there for Ted. Neither does Ted. The most I see with the heros is Ted feels that he'll understand the pain.

Quote:
However, I see the Hero-Ted relationship in IV as more of Ted having a quiet, deep respect for a man who treats bearing a true rune as a part of his destiny, rather than brooding over his fate. It's more of a "mentor-pupil" type relationship than a friendship.

I agree, for the most part Ted is distanting himself from everyone as well. Since Aldo is the only one reaching out to him. So it is possible Ted never considered Aldo a friend, and why he calls Tir his first "true" friend.

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did tir and Ted not grow up togather?

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not in the sense you're referring to; since ted is already around 317, he's more than grown up; however, since he looked the part, it was in his best interests to act like he was still in his teens.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ok thanks for getting that straight in my mind sybillous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: