Suikoden United and Illegal Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ted, Aldo and Tir
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it can't. Your theory mixes gameplay with plot. By the same logic, in the official Suikoden story, the heroes were able to heal their wounds by staying at an inn. When trying to determine an RPG's plot continuity you can not factor in elements which were added to effect the gameplay. This means runes do not necessarily grant only four different spells in the plot, but that only four spells were chosen to solidify gameplay.

Also, just because Ted has all four spells does not mean he's met four different people and lost them to the soul eater. That's far too much speculation, as is that the soul eater wouldn't still eat more souls and grow more powerful afterwards.

I'd like to restate Ted's quote in Suikoden 1 "you're the only true friend I ever had". Now if Ted had lived for three hundred years, I think he could have still been friends with Aldo and said that quote. I mean, it's 300 years, he had to have made some acquaintances. But to have become closely attached to four different people for the Soul Eater to devour and then say Tir's his only true friend seems like he would have to have been lying.

Last edited by Mad Mage on Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Stief

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hey i'm just saying what makes sense to me.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes but what Mad Mage says is correct. Don't confuse game mechanics with story. I could not have said it better myself [and I have, often, tried; no one seems to listen then, either].
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Aldo follows Ted at the end of suikoden 4 and then Teds rune kills Aldo and Ted carries aldos bow to remember what he did and that he should not let it happen again.

erhanz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm...i wonder...can someone explain to me why Ted avoid Aldo,but Ted become best friends with Tir??? Any Explanation??
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, maybe 300 years was just too long to be moapy and friendless.

Also, (or)

He needed a place to stay, and Teo offered him pretty good life, so Ted probably thought well what the heck. And Living in Tirs house, it was probably quite hard to avoid him. I mean, Tir was the 'Young Master' (to use Gremio's words), and Ted was staying at his house. It would have been rather rude to just lock himself up and never say anything. He probably tried at first, but they slowly became friends, or at least thats my guess.

But with Aldo, he was just some guy on the ship. He's willing to fight when Hero IV requests it, so again, obviously Ted has some regard to whoevers allowing him stay. But Aldo is just some schmoe he doesn't particularly HAVE to be friendly to.

Anyways ~ I would be alot more willing to believe all this if the weapon wasn't called "Iron Bow" . .. -.- . . . though maybe it had to be that because thats what Ted used in Suiko 1, and they really wanted to make a connection with Aldo. Assuming Ted does indeed use Aldo's bow in Suiko1, then I think they probably became friends, though Ted was probably reluctant and didn't show it or something - then of course the curse had to kick in, and Aldo died - Ted was regretful at the way he acted towards Aldo, and kept his bow as a memoir.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding who Aldo reminded Ted of, it is possible that he thought of Tir. Still, Aldo's eyes are a lot more squinty to look like Tir's, and Tir has more bangs as well. Not to mention the height difference. I don't think Aldo was made to look like anyone in S1. It is possible that Ted saw someone like him long ago, or perhaps Aldo doesn't really remind him of Tir in looks, but personality. I know he said "looks familiar", but that could of been just another way of him saying, "he reminds me of someone". That or Konami is playing off the stereo-type of caucasions not being able to tell the difference between dark-haired guys. Another possibility is Aldo looking similar to a teacher of Ted's. It is possible that Ted learned how to use the bow on his own, but it is also possible he had someone teaching him. Or perhaps Konami hasn't really thought that far with this, and just wanted it to be something for the players to think of.

Regarding Aldo's death, I don't see Ted being that cruel to kill Aldo himself, even if he was frustrated. Nor do I think Aldo's death was random. I don't think Ted thought of Aldo as a friend either, more like a traveling companion at the time. I don't think Tir thought Odessa was a close friend either. Still, her life was taken. Ted could of appericated Aldo, and since he was the only one he had, perhaps that was enough to get close to him. However, I don't think the soul eater killed him. The soul eater will cause death by fate, not by killing the person and taking the soul. I believe that there is a possibilty that Aldo was killed by someone or something, and the soul eater took his soul afterwards. So I think Aldo was killed through battle, due to the soul eater's fate. In S2, we do see 6 grim reapers, so that may hint there was another, other then Odessa, Gremio, Teo and Ted. So if Ted's grandfather was one of the 6, who is the last one? I think that maybe Aldo.

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

>_o but I don't see how Aldo could have reminded Ted of Tir. He hadn't meet Tir yeat! Tir wouldn't be born for almost 150 years!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Tir, Cleo and Viktor were sent back into Ted's Village by the Star Dragon Sword in S1. They met Ted as a little boy. Unless that whole thing was an illusion conjured up by the SDS, Ted had met Tir long before. Whether he knew that the Tir he becamse friends with was the same Tir from his childhood, we'll never know.

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wataru your right! it has to be when the star dragon sword sent them back in time.I had no idea that would it.

P.S was it an illusion?

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no, it was not an illusion and being sent back would still have no bearing on why ALDO was reminded of anyone, let alone someone who wouldn't be around for, as already stated, another 150. aldo wasn't at ted's village at that time, so that is ruled out completely.

as for why he avoided aldo, he still may not have gained enough trust for other people just yet...but, that isn't explained, like so many other issues, so all we have is our speculations.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious, what he means is that aldo was not at the village but tir was so ted was reminded of tir by Aldo.

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

runemaster, i recommend that you worry about your own issues with following rules and making worthwhile posts, rather than 'correcting' others-leave that to the poster and mods/admins-might keep you out of trouble, which would be very helpful to you at this point.

the post was a bit on the vague side, which is why i posted above; if the original poster of the related post wanted to clarify, that was HIS/HER option, not yours.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

runemaster, i recommend that you worry about your own issues with following rules and making worthwhile posts, rather than 'correcting' others-leave that to the poster and mods/admins-might keep you out of trouble, which would be very helpful to you at this point.

the post was a bit on the vague side, which is why i posted above; if the original poster of the related post wanted to clarify, that was HIS/HER option, not yours.

Fine sorry only trying to HELP! (jeez)

Lazlo

Knights of Gaien

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mad Mage wrote:

I'd like to restate Ted's quote in Suikoden 1 "you're the only true friend I ever had".

I remember this quote, and I never really took it seriously after SIV came out-it seems like one of those statements that was made before the concept of SIV was even created, and would be corrected if Konami could go back and change it. I mean, wouldn't Ted consider Hero IV a true friend? If anything, they've got a lot in common-both sharing twisted, tragic fates with their true runes and all-and Ted confides in Hero IV more than anyone else in the game. I personally think it would be cool if they remade Suikoden for the PS3 and made him say "In 300 years, you were the first true friend I ever had....No...there was one other...."

However, I see the Hero-Ted relationship in IV as more of Ted having a quiet, deep respect for a man who treats bearing a true rune as a part of his destiny, rather than brooding over his fate. It's more of a "mentor-pupil" type relationship than a friendship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: