Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Micky; how important is he?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Micky; how important is he? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After reading a post about how Micky is a bum on the Gamefaqs I preceded to make a joking post about how he is important and I think I stumbled onto something, so stay with me.

This will contain some spoilers.

Micky is Schlotenhiem Reinbach III's servant in Suikoden 4, now he really doesn't have a role in the game besides joining with Reinbach but during the ending credit it says he went on to write a book about Reinbach's adventures. Well Micky is the type to embellish his masters exploits, but we all know what time does to the real truth sometimes. So the book becomes a huge hit and travels from the Island nations all the way north to the Dunan region, more specifically Northwindow 130 years later. Where a certain man and woman read this story to there young bear cub. (Viktor) Now Viktor grows up dreaming about being like his hero Reinbach, going on adventures and whatnot. But tragedy strikes and Neclord basically destroys Northwindow. Poor Viktor, Poor poor Viktor. Now all alone in the world he heads south towards the Scarlet Moon Empire in search of fame and glory, but instead he finds corruption and well badness. Remembering how his childhood hero fought against this sort of thing he joins the Liberation army and fights alongside Odessa and Flik. Now we all know Viktor eventually meets up with Tir and friends in Gregminster and how they escape towards the south after Odessa's death. And how they were stopped at the southern checkpoint, quickly having to come up with an alias Viktor chooses none other than his childhood hero Reinbach! Which let Tir and group successfully slip by Ain Guide and meet up with Mathiu, which then in turn allowed Tir to become the leader of the New Liberation army which we all know fought and defeated the Scarlet Moon Empire, and allowed the creation of Toran Republic. Who several years later formed an alliance with the Dunan Unification Army to help defeat Luca Blight. Which in turn allowed the Dunan forces to open up communications with Tinto again. Where as we all know Neclord was hiding out, which Riou, Viktor and crew thouroghly beat to a pulp and killed. Saving the life of one Miss Lilly Penedragon the daughter of the Mayor of Tinto. Who after her city broke away from the Alliance and formed their own republic journied to the Grasslands and Zexen where she preceded to join the New Flame Champion and help win the Second Fire Bringer War. Which of course stopped Luc from destroying the True Wind Rune and killing so many innocent people.

So in conclusion if it wasn't for Mickey writting about his master Viktor would have never joined the liberation army and helped Tir find Mathiu and other events would have never happened.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this a fanfic?
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually thought up a very similar explanation as yours, although I don't believe Viktor joined the Liberation Army BECAUSE of the story hero, rather he just knew about it and liked the name.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe he's indulging in his guess a tad bit too much.

Your first statement, Milan, is what many people believe-- Mickey's story is what turns Schtolteheim Reinbach III into a folklore hero of sorts. However, once you start trying to explain it, it gets pretty damn convoluted with your own ideas on things.
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I thought it was a nice touch how we were able to recruit not only Reinbach, but also the guy that turns him into a household name.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was more of a joke following the theme of the site...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Might need to work on your humor a little bit, then. Not that I'm any better, mind you.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh well it was funny to me at 4 am in the morning after three days of practically no sleep.

Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked your deduction and your own insight on what happened Milan, I really didn't think it was "to damn convulted with your own ideas" thats what made it an interesting read. It was clearly stated as a joke before it was even written so its not meant to be taken seriously.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took it seriously. It was good work though. I enjoyed reading it. I still think Micky is dumb though.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think it's a joke. I think it's a little facetious (saying the book has a cause and effect relationship with Viktor becoing an adventurer must be tongue-in-cheek) but it is right on track. The book also has more far-reaching effects as well. Reinbach's name is also one of the choices for Flik's pseudonym when RIous and company sneak into Greenhill, so the legend of Reinbach gets as far as Dunan/Highland as well. And also, doesn't Chris have a dialogue option in S3 where she can either claim to be Reinbach or at least mention the name? THe book has gotten to Zexen as well.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, when Yun asks Chris what her name is in Suikoden III, your three options are: Chris Lightfellow, Shtotleheim Reinbach III, and to not tell your name.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was meant to be a joke. Just as I said in the first sentence. It was more of a Assumption/Rumor. Like Neclord a Nice guy and Guillimane isn't human.

Mickey being the most important person in Suikoden history because his book sparked a chain of events that eventually saved the world.

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, I see it now. Duh, I know how to read real good and stuff...

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know how to read real good and stuff too :mrgreen: Though Viktor may have just rambled on about Reinbach to Flik on their many adventures together so he could have picked up the name there as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: