Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What name did you christen your hero?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry about the off-topic :
Wait.. Suikoden II is a rare game? I'm confused ?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke wrote:

In most places, Suikoden II is quite rare. If I only knew this, I'd've long since bought that copy I saw at the game store near here that had been sitting aruond forever and sold the effer on eBay. I should check around, some of the stores here don't know half the gems they're sitting on.

As for my group, well, with GS1 and GS2, I picked the "defaults." Actually though, for the first time with GS1, I picked Sean. It was a suitable sounding name to go with McDohl, what can I say? ^_^ Which led to me getting ScDohl in GS2. Fun. I played it a second time and used Michael, simply to get McDohl in GS2. Now I suffer with TcDohl, since I'm the sort of person who will use the defaults even if I get weird results like that. I don't like naming characters after myself.

I haven't the faintest idea what I originally called my GS2 character, or his army. At least in GS1, I'd already had the hint that the place should be called Toran, so that's what I used.

In GS3, I named the castle Budehuc. Duh. See above. My Flame Champion the first time around was something like Seika, I believe, meaning something along the lines of Holy Flame. I forget now, though. I don't even remember if you name the army in GS3, let alone what I did name it if you can.

In GS4, my hero is Konami. This is entirely because he was so named in the demo. However, as Konami can mean "Little Wave," I found this fitting. The ship I named the Atonement. It just seemed to much more fitting than something stupid like the Dauntless. For once, I broke with the default, and I'm proud of it. Likewise, the Rush sounded stupid, so I ditched that in favor for the Forgivers. There's just something chilling to me in naming an army the Forgivers on board the great ship Atonement. There is an air of a holy crusade in that message, and despite the name it sounds as though they are not likely to be forgiving anytime too terribly soon. But then, given a few mildly religious themes in this game not found in the other games, I found that extremely fitting.
Fifth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GS1:Ran McDohl ( I choose this name because it's from a character in a "yaoi game" that I really like...oh no! i've mentioned a forbiden word hehehe ^_^)

GS2:Killua (hehehe I know most of you guys know the reason why I choose this... it's because I'm a huge Hunter X Hunter fan in that time :lol: and my favorite character is him, Killua)

GS3:Ryuichi (My obsession for Ryuichi Sakuma from the anime Gravitation starts here... and also the reason why I give the name to my charcter)

GS4:Ryuichi (again still obsessed hehehe....:lol: )
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S1
Hero:Tir
Castle:Lake Castle
S2
Hero:Mephisto(random name)
Castle:North
Army:Orange Army
S3
Hero:Rajin
S4
Hero:Figueredo
Army:Figueredo's Army
Ship:Kika
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't remember Suikoden 1-3 but S4 Fiore at first (pronounced FEE-OR-EY) but then I restarted and now it's Lafawnduh!. Haha it's fun naming him.

And also about Suikoden 2 and probably even Suikoden 1 they are SOOOO rare. Because they discontinued making them (obviously) when I was tirelessly searching for S2 I looked on ebay and it was at LEAST 60 bucks american. I was like WHAT! It's probably more now. But I finally got my hands on a burnt copy.[/b]
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S4
Hero: Yungztah
Army: Loc Army
Ship: 2202
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden:

Me: Ares (god of war in Greek) Why: I don't know (I guess it was the last thing I have read about mythology that day).
HQ: Liberty Why: Liberation Army (lack of originality).

Suikoden II:

Me: Konami then switched to Riou Why: Konami is similar to Nanami.
Army & HQ: Scarlet Why: one of the choices Jowy gives (or was it not?).

Suikoden III:

Flame Champion or Me: Angel Why: I saw Angel that day (the television series).
HQ: Toran Why: someone told me that something good will happen if I name my castle Toran (I'm still waiting for that good thing to happen).

Suikoden IV:

Played the game few times but still couldn't think of a good name for anything.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have yet to finish 1 so I am going to re-do my game. So I don't know yet.

But in two I plan to name him pug because he just looks like one when his sprite is facing the camera. It's hideous really.

As for three....I was really in a strange mood so don't laugh too loud. But named him Jhin. Don't ask. Next time I'm naming him "?" just because....its better than Jhin. :P

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still dont have 1 and 2(friggin slow normal mail) but in 3 I let my dad pick the name so he ended up being named Axemurde because he couldn't fit "Axemurderer" in the spaces given. Then the Firebringer, and o. Yeah I named the castle Lake, Budehuc, and Pyrine since pyro is latin for fire(or close) and I'm a big latin buff.

In 4 I named my Tenkai Star Nata, because it is close to the Latin word for sailor, nauta. It seemed to fit to me and it was way better then Dennis. As a sidenote, Dennis is greek from Dionysus(god of wine and merriment) and also means "wild, frenzied". That doesn't seem to fit the character at all since he's generally quiet and calm. Merriment is exactley the opposite of what he seems to find being the bearer of the Rune of Punishment. Maybe it was a joke by the Konami? As for the army I named it Myrmadon, from the name of Achilles' group during the Trojan war, and the boat I named the Odessa. Then I found out that Odessa was a Silverberg and already was used in the game. So the second playthrough I named it the Tovus, in the spirit of the Argo being named after its maker Argus.

Hope that wasn't complete blither.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S2- Arck
Hehe weird name!
S3- Gath
The name suits fine for me!
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Trevoke wrote:

In most places, Suikoden II is quite rare.

*Evil cackle* I was working in a Software store when I came across a copy for $14 bucks. I got it for $8 (employee discount). The funny thing is my butt for a supervisor wanted one but failed to realize that I wasn't interested in him...so he let me have it in hopes that I would-I dunno- date him. I don't do work-place relationships for this very reason. Now he whines about how he can't find a copy. And I *hugs hers* am sittn' pretty.

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: Never Played (Anyone want to send me the CD? I'd pay you....)

Suikoden II: :)
Hero - Chance
Army - Eire
Castle - Raleigh Castle

Suikoden III:
Flame Champ - Alexei (Don't ask) :?
Castle - Budehuc

Suikoden IV:
Hero - Chance
Army - Titan
Ship - Titanic (Lame, I know, but it looks it.) :P At least it didn't sink. LOL
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I:
Hero - Gavin, Tir
Army - Rebel
Castle - Toran
Suikoden II:
Hero - Jason, Riou
Army - Orange, Dragon
Castle - Dragon
Suikoden III:
Flame Champ - Inferno
Castle - Flame
Suikoden IV:
Hero - Barnacle :lol:
Army - 1st play through The Pirates, 2nd The Rush
Ship - 1st play through The Vampiress, 2nd the Dauntless

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden : Hero- Suyuan, Castle - Songlian
Suikoden II : Hero - Siren, Castle - Ghederan, Army - Angel
Suikoden III : Soislan - Castle - I'm pretty sure I kept it at Budehuc
Suikoden IV : Hero - Siobahn, Castle - Atemu, Army - Crimson
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All Suikoden games except 3 hero names: At first Goku(I was a huge DBZ fan) then Kira.

Army: Dragon Army

Castle: Dragon Castle
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: