Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kreutz is Duke's father - Comment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Kreutz is Duke's father - Comment Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great site! Love some of the theories. I'm new here (duh =P), so hope posting this thread doesn't break any rules or anything. Be gentle =D

Quote:
Nicholas - Nicholas is Duke's loyal protector, who has served Duke's father. The fact that Duke's father is able to have subjects with such lasting loyalty points towards a strong possibility that he was a person of high rank. Kreutz was a general in the Scarlet Moon Empire, and based on Nicholas's age, it is not far fetched to think he participated in the Succession War as well as the Gate Rune Wars under the command of Kreutz.

Wanted to comment on this, and see if I'm speculating right..

Nicholas fighting in the Succession War for Duke's father, then looking out for his son (Duke)? Seems almost identical to the relationship between Tir McDohl and Gremio - Gremio fought under Teo McDohl in the Succession War, and then looks after Tir later on. Considering Kreutz and Teo were both of high rank within Scarlet Moon, this seems to make this point more accurate as we've already seen an (similiar) example of it in the past.

Does this support your theory any further?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is more appropiate to the Character Discussion forum.

*Moved*

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wanted to note that the title says "Kreutz is Duke's son" but should read "father". We all get dyslexic now and then. :)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Just wanted to note that the title says "Kreutz is Duke's son" but should read "father". We all get dyslexic now and then. :)

lol, ack. Thanks for pointing that out. Too worried about posting in the wrong forum, so I end up making a silly typo. Then it's in the wrong forum anyway :mrgreen: What a horrible way to start on the site =P

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes.

Reading your posts I can see that you will be a valuable addition the the Suikox boards so keep up the good work!

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fixed the name.
Nihilive

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had never taken that into consideration until I looked at this website. I didn't pay much attention to Kreutz.

Just gives me more reason to go through Suikoden I again.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually did come up with that theory as well when I realized that they have the same weapons and not much about Duke's past except that Nicolai served his father and all was revealed so I'm also kinda agreeing that it is possible.

But i also heard that somebody in Suikoden II had the same weapon.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I'm not mistaken, Genshu was the one with the same weapon name in Suikoden II. So in my opinion, the weapon names don't really play a big part at all. I mean, weapon names hardly mean a thing unless it's specific and special like Odessa or Tengaar or Star Dragon Sword, etc.

Then come the age issue. Kreutz was born in the same year as Suikoden II's Gordon. And they were 38 years old during the Dunan Unification War. With Duke being 33 years old in Suikoden III, that means Duke was born while Kreutz was 20 years old if he were to be the son of Kreutz. While it's not *that* young at all, I honestly doubt that Kreutz, at that age, planned to start a family life due to his background in always involved in wars, and actively serving Geil Rugner. To me, it would make more sense for him to wait until older before actually starting a family because family would most definitely become an obstacle when it comes to military lives.

Last but not least, so far Konami had made blood-related family members to be look alike, or at least the offspring sharing a certain similarity with the parents. But let's be honest here, Duke looks nothing like Kreutz.

So yeah, while it is possible that Kreutz is Duke's father, I really doubt that he is. And if I'm wrong and it turns out that Kreutz is really Duke's father, I think Konami did a bad job of giving hints here and there to support the idea.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Nihilive

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who said he started a family? He could have just knocked somebody up and had a kid, come back later in Duke's life and show him how to fight or what not. You never know with this kind of stuff and how much war goes on. It breaks up families quite a bit.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nihilive wrote:
He could have just knocked somebody up and had a kid, come back later in Duke's life and show him how to fight or what not. You never know with this kind of stuff and how much war goes on.

While that is a possibility, it doesn't really solve the appearance issue. They still look nothing alike.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a joke theory guys, don't take it seriously!
Nihilive

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's what I've always considered most of the farfetched stuff.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
It's a joke theory guys, don't take it seriously!

Looking at the other topics in your rumour shelter, I could guess that they were mock reports. But Duke being Kreutz's kid...it sounds plausible to me. I'm thinking that Konami wanted to give hints of this. It's not as farfetched as Queen being Jilia Blight, in my opinion.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's a good thought to think about. They had a lot of relatives, like Bell and Rico. So to me, suikoden 3 seemed to have the most relatives in it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: