Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Battle help (Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, this was pretty hard boss to me... mostly because i missed a lot of characters and also every high-grade element runes (Rage, Floating etc.). =/

I did'nt play wisely so i get punished (mheh).

Still, i did beat the boss. And my team was: Hero (lvl59), Jeane (lvl59), Bartholomew (lvl59) and Viki (lvl58).

-Hero was using several physical attacks with Double Strike and of course Rune of Punishment.

-Jeane using Lightning rune.

-Bartholomew was using Killer+Double Strike.

-Viki was healer with Water Rune and also using Earth Runes earthquake and protective spells.

Hero's and Barth's weapon lvl was 11.

It was taking about four times to beat this crappy tree, with little bit of luck, i guess.

Next time i'm going to have all characters and better runes...gnh!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I had a hard time here too. I'll describe my characters.

My main character had a fire rune along with his punishment rune.

I also had Kika with a killer rune.

I had Flare with a lighting, fire, and wind rune.

I had Jeane with lightning and water.

The first thing I did was to use the lightning/fire level 4 combo spell with Flare and the main character. It did severe damage Kika just attacked every turn. Jeane used furious blow and soaring bolt on the main boss over and over and over again. I had to use a mixed herbs to replenish her magic. I also had the main character and Kika do their combo. I was basically only doing good damage with Jeane. I made sure to kill the mini-enemy on the right whenever it came back because it heals the boss. Every time the boss used the white attack, both Flare and Jeane were knocked out. I had to revive Jeane many times to keep up the damage. I eventually won.

Then, I had to escape. I thought there may be further battles, so I took a rest upstairs in Cray's room. It's kinda funny how the building is collapsing and you can still take a nap.

I got outside and I battled Troy. His hints are very easy to understand. I didn't take any damage. Remember: Guard beats Special, Special beats Attack, and Attack beats Gaurd. You should do fine.
Ted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:

I got outside and I battled Troy. His hints are very easy to understand. I didn't take any damage. Remember: Guard beats Special, Special beats Attack, and Attack beats Gaurd. You should do fine.

Oh yes! Troy was so very easy. Too easy, i would say! Very impressive and talented enemy captain, oh right!?

A little disappointment was that whole character after all.. I just don't understand, what was he's true purpose in this game..? To be a dramatic/dark clothed/handsome/mysterious guy? Hmm... pretty weak role. =D
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that Troy was hands down one of the final bosses ever, but let's get back to the topic at hand.

I am replaying the game and I am planning to use Hero, Gretchen, Kate, and Wendel. I am wondering what you think of my party?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Orion the Mage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That seems like a really good final party, especially with Kate and Gretchen, i really like both of them. And Wendel is one of my favorite players in the game. You have plenty of magic and strength. But a questino about Wendel i want answered, if anyone can tell me about the sex of this character please reply on the Thread Under-rated sIV characters
Drakken

The Crimson Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally used:

Hero: RoP and Rage rune
Ted: Souleater, flowing, and mother earth rune
Mitsuba: Double strike rune
Kika: Falcon and Double strike rune

Ted's judgement and earthquake attacks worked so well all I had to do was use the others to basically attack and use mega medicines when needed. Judgement and Earthquake did around 1300 points damage each use so after these two mega hit spells were depleted I used mixed herbs on Ted. With above runes and the fact I had the three other's weapons maxed, the battle was no problem. In fact, I was almost dissappointed.
And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
Keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin? it?s time to die.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too had some Problems because of his "wipeout" attack...
But i have two tips:
1.When hes ready to unleash his attack make the combo attack which heals the hero and attacks all enemys one time then the boss looses his turn.
2.When hes ready to to it again just block and you reduce the damage given by him by around 50%
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, to avoid tell people which characters to use, I'll just give some general advice.

Try and have two people with level 4 magic, if you can. A strong rune-combo attack will really cut the amount of turns needed to win down.

Don't bother with the Rune of Punishment, it's too far behind the advanced elemental runes to be worth using.

Which, naturally, means: Get the advanced elemental runes! This is only if you don't care if you lose them for New Game +, otherwise make sure to equip only the runes that will allow you to fire off your most powerful combination magic.

Have your Rush meter built up. It'll give you a free pass when the boss is about to use his most powerful attack.

Make sure someone in your party has Clay Guardian and lots of them, to offer more of that vital protection for when the boss repeats his super-attack. So keep that up and when the boss turns white: block, block, block!

Otherwise, just go nuts with everything you have. Ignore the Seeds of Light, although if your group magic happens to take them down, then that's always good as the boss will waste a turn later reviving them.

Besides his ultimate attack, the other thing to watch out for is the bosses sleep attack, which can totally decimate you if you have bad luck and are subjected to it repeatedly while being attacked by his other moves.

Overall, it's not that hard. The first time I fought it, it was difficult (because I didn't realise I was at the end and took a makeshift party with me for what I felt was 'Moravia Castle Part 2') but every time after that it usually takes around 3-4 turns.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, I had problems with the sleep spell, especially when his Ultimate attack was next. Of course, if I was awake, I guarded, guarded, and guarded when he turned white. The only time I attacked the Seeds of Light were when I was using multi-target spells. After that, I tended to focus on the main boss. However, sometimes I got rid of them, after all, the boss wasts a turn or two resurrecting them, which gave me either a turn to heal, or to hit him with major attacks.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used HeroIV, Snowe, Warlock and Ted all at LV 60-65.

The combo HeroIV and Snowe have is a very powerfull one. That was my key to beating this thing Cray summoned. If you Equip both HeroIV and Snowe with Double-Strike Runes and one of them with a Fury Rune you cna knock off over 3000. You can buy Double-Strike Ruens fomr Jeane and you get the Fury Rune from Reinhold.

Also have Ted with a Water/Flowing Rune to Heal. ANd if you can Try and pull the Fire/Earth combo on it while it's in Earth mode(yellowishy colour) for another hearty amount of Damage.

But really, Using the True Friends Attack you'll have this battle done in no time. I Can do it 3-5 rounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used that strategy too. Snowe and Hero had the double strike rune on. I didn't have Fury though. I used Ted's level four rune spell and I had Jeane with Furious blow. It wasn't that hard. (A lot easier than in my first game)
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This was my strategy for my Graham Cray team:

Ted uses Soul Eater, heals, or attacks

Maxine uses her fire rune (I think that is what I gave her)

Sigurd attacks or heals (if Ted is busy)

Lino En Kuldez attacks

My Giant Tree strategy was as follows:

Hero uses his rune (thankfully I found all 108 characters, so it did no damage to the Hero), attacks, or revives in case of deaths during the ultimate attack.

Kika uses the Falcon Rune or revives in case of deaths

Kate used Rage Rune, attacked, or healed with her Water Rune (used her as a healer early going of game)

Wendel heals using Flowing Rune, or uses items, or uses Lightning Rune

it took a while but I never had to restart using this team.

Official Smoke Bomb User

J2k

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i were you i would go back to Agnes and change some of those characters. No disrespect but i wouldnt use Wendel. Kate and Selma are ok but your using them as mages from your set up and they are more physical fighters. I would replace Wendel with Viki.

With Selma, change the mother earth for a normal earth rune. You get no real benefit of mother earth except for more earthquake spells. What you need is the first basic earth spell that shields your characters for 3 turns. Have her use the heal all hp on all members when you need to but DONT use the first water spell, mega medicine works fine on one character and you need your shields.

With Viki (instead of wendel) use the heal all water spell when needed, and use set when not, to constantly hit all 3 enemies. Use herbs when needed.

For Kate, have her strength high. Use the rage spells to wipe out all the enemies, but when your left with just the tree use her for attacking.

I would level your main hero until he has 3 rune slots (because one is taken up by the ROP) and i would buy a double strike rune from jeanne for him. Take your final party to reinhold and you should beat his training easily. Use the rune you get from him to put on your hero. Get heros weapon to at least level 14.

With a double strike rune and fury rune your hero should hit four times what he usually does.

Have him constantly attack the main tree, and use the rop's final spell only when you need hp.

Use the rush attack when the tree turns white. If you dont have it then set EVERYBODY to defend. Decent levels should be able to defend this with some to spare.

My first time of beating him, i had an average level party which wasnt capable of 1000+ attacks more than once a battle, which sounds like yours. It can be done, you just have to be patient, and get yourself into a routine.

Take mixed herbs with you and any mushrooms or mint you can get your hands on because the fight will go on a while with that team.

Also it hasnt been mentioned but each color of the tree has different elemental weaknesses. You can find that out on a faq or something.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's nothing wrong with using Wendel actually. Sure she's not as good as Viki in terms of versatility, but she equals her in lightning/wind magic skill and magic growth. Even better, Wendel is faster than Viki, and we know how much mages need speed nowadays. The only time to use Viki in that setup is when he needs to heal, and he has that covered already.

Mizuki would be a better replacement for a healer to me. Max skill in Water Magic, plus the shrike rune. With a flowing rune, Ogre Gear (if not then Venus for defense), weapon upgraded to the max, and a bunch of power rings (she's innately fast already) she can alternate back and forth between healing or attacking.

Similarly, don't forget about Reinbach and Kika who also have a multiplier to their attacks with runes. Ted is just broken, so no explanations necessary there. :D

Someone mentioned Ameria. She's a higher version of Paula. She has great Wind Magic (even giving rune cannon capabilities 30 attack for wind) and higher stats (except magic defense). If you have to use Wind, though, I suggest Maxine.

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Mizuki doesn't have max affinity in Water, the best mage with a max affinity in water is actually Lo Fong. I appreciated the thought about correcting me and all, but I tend to like more of a challenge. I don't like using people that can kill the boss in like 3 or so rounds, I like it when it takes awhile to beat. Wendel isn't that bad of a healer actually, since I only needed her like 3 times during the whole battle (other times I used medicine).

In my current game, Kate is faster then Mizuki (even without the Ninja garb I gave her). I am using Hero, Gretchen, Kate, and Wendel. Even if Wendel doesn't have max affinity in water, her high speed and magic get the spell out quickly, sometimes before the boss can pull off the ultimate attack. In my previous game, I gave Kate a Water Rune (mainly since I didn't use Mizuki).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: