Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

To the S4 players, what's your favorite themes in this game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The theme that played in the ending. when you read what happened to all 108, and the Credit Roll theme were by far my fave. I wish they'd release an OST or something soon XD;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking back over the game, I'm surprised at the amount of tracks I actually enjoyed, seeing as I didn't take much notice at the time. (At least not like I did during Suikoden II which was a joy musically)

So, we have La Mer, which I hated the very first time I heard it, but have loved every time I listened to it since.

The Razril theme, as well as the theme playing during the opening credits, which felt a bit different to usual fare served up in Suikoden and RPG's in general.

The Boss theme, both normal and final, were good. I also enjoyed the duel theme. I'd have enjoyed the ocean sailing theme a lot more if I didn't have to listen to it for 80% of the game, hah.

Finally, I liked the music during the 108 Stars of Destiny end bit, not as good as 'La Passione Commuove La Storia' from Suikoden II and 'Avertunerio Antes Lance Mao' from Suikoden I.

And, the last track, would be the end credits one from coba. I found it fitting for the overall theme Suikoden IV tried to convey, and it worked well with the 'History of Ships' motif shown during the credits.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, Suiko IV's music absolutely destroyed III's appeal wise (to me at least). With that said:

I loved both world map themes, and both headquarters themes (but I liked the first one just a bit better. They should have made the second one a bit faster)

The Deserted Island sounded very suikoden-ish to me, which was very appealing, plus it had a caribbean feel to it.

My personal favorite town music was Nei-Human side. No reason why, I just found it to be quite awesome. Obel's music was also very good, as well as Mordo's

The Island theme before the treasure hunt starts is pretty nice too (this is the one that plays on Mountain Mass and Limestone before recruiting Rene.

Lastly I was strangely drawn to El Eal's music. It went very well with the look of that dungeon.

What I didn't like was the battle theme, it was overused and boring. The generic dungeon theme, likewise, was overused, boring, and way too simplistic for my tastes.
Squirtle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Razril's theme, and the intro, of course. The battle theme was odd, but, you know, it sounded like Pokémon, which coba also composed for, so it's understandable. I also like the ending medly. Bringing back those classic themes like Into a World of Illusion (Suikoden main theme) and Theme of Sadness from S1 was in there, too.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also liked the theme in the credits. I was really fond of the Nay Island music. I liked the music in both villages very much. I liked the boss music, but didn't take a liking to either the normal battle theme or the treaseure hunting theme. I thought that the ship battle music was good too. If I had to give this game a letter rating for music, I'd give it a B+.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hurrah music. anway do we have all the titles? that bard has a horrid repituwar.

I liked the song...that plays in "nest of pirates", "after the gale" or what have you. not sure how the mood effects me.

Tressure Hunting music was great.

I forget...did the fog ship have orginal music?

La Mer to some extent.

confesion room music, it suits the mood and theme of the situation

that music that plays when...um you are going to rally people and fight, after having Obel taken over. I think. its triumphant and is played only twice.

some I didn't really care about, but grew to enjoy. I found the battle music to be "fitting the rest", so I was let down. I guess Suikoden will never have catchy battle themes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: