Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

MGS4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to go ahead and say that MGS4 is either going to rock, or bomb hard. It all depends on wether or not they do something to add to gameplay outside of creating those beautiful twenty minute long cut scenes. I love the cut scenes, but something new has got to come along that makes more sense than a cure funtion and multiple camoflodge.

Julious Cezar
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I sort of agree with you there Zero. However you must take into account that the Metal Gear series has a really big fan base. Most people will just buy the game just because it's a MG game. Other people will probably buy it because it's gonna be one of the launch titles(if my memory serves me right) and it just looks amazing. This said, really agree with you in that they need to add something new, but I don't think that it will affect sales much.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it may effect the sales a bit, Kikito, i agree about the big fan base, and that a lot of people will just get the game because it is a metal gear game. That does not mean that it wont have some really cool features, the game will be amazing, something which seems intresting to me (apart from all of it especially the weapon customization) is the part about Snake's actions influenceing the game psychologically, i wonder how its going to affect the game like, snake attacks many of the soldiers in the open and is spotted, then maybe for the rest of the game, snake is enemies with that army that is in the area.

Then again, it would be a bit intresting i suppose, to be allies with the soldiers and have a team of men or something like that. That would be a huge change for the game, if it happens , i hope it does not mess the game completely.This is all specualtion by the way so i may be wrong with everything that i am saying.How about everyone else, what do you all think would change in the game, do change it a bit from the other games? runemaster out :twisted:

Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys didn't like the self curing aspect or all the different camoflauge? I think it was a huge leap from the first two games, just like Sons of Liberty took many steps passed MGS. Thats the nature of Kojima, hes a genius and will surprise you whether you like it or not. I am faithful that MGS4 will be a hit, just like its predecessors.

The only thing, and I mean the only thing that I've heard about 4 that I'm a little concerned about is that little robot. Of course, it'll probably do nothing but add to the game, I'm just worried that it will take away from the atmosphere of being completely independant.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Correct me if im wrong but, the robot can't actually fight or anything can it, so it could just be a scout i suppose. I have to agree with Pierrot_Le_Fou, that if the robot does take the chances of working indepently away from the game, then i will be slightly dissapointed. It would be a bit intresting though, if you had some form of help from someone like Raiden, who knows apart from the all knowing kojima.

I just have one question, if anyone has seen the TGS trailer of MGS 4, who is snake trying to contact when he was kneeling down, trying to use what seemed to be the old codec. I'm assuming that its raiden, but does anyone else KNOW for sure, or would just like to take a guess?

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most likely Otacon, he's his long time companion, and the only advisor he trusts. If it was Raiden, Snake would say something like "punk" or "brat" alongside it.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...that's a bit alarming. I haven't even played MGS3 yet, and the fourth one is already slated to come out as a release title with the PS3? I remember the first time I played the first Metal Gear Solid...and then Metal Gear Solid 2, which was a huge improvement. I can't even play the first one anymore...I need the first person perspective for those covert headshots around the corner. :X

I hear that the third one is a similar step up, with the curing and repairing of wounds and such foolery, and the camouflage....I just haven't had time to really play the game yet (even though I've had it borrowed from a friend for...at least a year now)...it's really the sort of game I prefer to play in one sitting, and with a PS2 that works properly, and I've had neither.

Still, if this MGS4 gets a good review, it's another reason for me to purchase a PS3. Oh, it may be a dark day for my bank account coming up here soon.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fundertaker, isn't Raiden supposed to be older now, if he is, i wonder if Snake would respect him more, i would not be surprised if he was talking to Raiden. IF i remember correctly, Snake was surprised to see Otacon's little robot coming into view, does that not hint that he was not in contact with him since, or a bit after, the events of the big shell? (this is all specualtion and my view, so i could be wrong although i think im right :D)

I still wonder if Raiden will be playable again, even for just a tiny bit, kojima promised to make Raiden a lot cooler and stuff, this time round. If he is playable, i hope he has his HF blade. I cant help it i'm a sword fan! :D

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Fundertaker, isn't Raiden supposed to be older now, if he is, i wonder if Snake would respect him more, i would not be surprised if he was talking to Raiden. IF i remember correctly, Snake was surprised to see Otacon's little robot coming into view, does that not hint that he was not in contact with him since, or a bit after, the events of the big shell? (this is all specualtion and my view, so i could be wrong although i think im right )

I don't think he was surprised because he saw the robot. I he hadn't known what the robot was beforehand, he would've probably thought that it was a tiny Metal Gear and destryed it inmediately. I think he was surprised( I'm not sure I remember Snake being surprised though, it's been a while since I saw the trailer) to see the robot thing at that moment, with so many enemy forces around. He may have been concerned that it could have given away his position or something like that.

Quote:

still wonder if Raiden will be playable again, even for just a tiny bit, kojima promised to make Raiden a lot cooler and stuff, this time round. If he is playable, i hope he has his HF blade. I cant help it i'm a sword fan!

I really hope Raiden is back, but only if they make his character cooler. I think he probably will be, because I don't think they would have made him such an important character in MGS 2 if they were just going to scrap him.

Quote:

I hear that the third one is a similar step up, with the curing and repairing of wounds and such foolery, and the camouflage....I just haven't had time to really play the game yet (even though I've had it borrowed from a friend for...at least a year now)...it's really the sort of game I prefer to play in one sitting, and with a PS2 that works properly, and I've had neither.

You're basically right there Parallax. It's also a bit different than the previous games because of the whole jungle aspect of everything. It really changes gameplay, in a good way though. I think you'll be glad of the scenery change, since it would become kinda boring if they just used urban-ish environments all the time.

Quote:

You guys didn't like the self curing aspect or all the different camoflauge? I think it was a huge leap from the first two games, just like Sons of Liberty took many steps passed MGS. Thats the nature of Kojima, hes a genius and will surprise you whether you like it or not. I am faithful that MGS4 will be a hit, just like its predecessors.

I really liked the camo and curing aspects of the game, It really gave it the whole "surviving in the jungle" theme that the game was shooting for. I hope they bring it back, but only if they can do it effectively, since the new game seems to have a more urban feel to it. I also think Kojima wil finda way to surprise us all as he has done up ntil now, and will think of something completely new and unheard of before.

So, do you guys think that this game alone warrants the purchase of a PS3?
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its the only reason I'll get one. haha
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, I will get a PS3 for the game, i suppose it does warrant a purchase of it.

Quote:

I don't think he was surprised because he saw the robot. I he hadn't known what the robot was beforehand, he would've probably thought that it was a tiny Metal Gear and destryed it inmediately. I think he was surprised( I'm not sure I remember Snake being surprised though, it's been a while since I saw the trailer) to see the robot thing at that moment, with so many enemy forces around. He may have been concerned that it could have given away his position or something like that

Can i ask something here? Do you think he was surprised or not? you said u think he was and then you said he didnt :? :? :?

Quote:

I really hope Raiden is back, but only if they make his character cooler. I think he probably will be, because I don't think they would have made him such an important character in MGS 2 if they were just going to scrap him.

Im quite sure he will be back and he probebly will be cooler too, if he is playable then i hope it is not for too long otherwise we may end up as raiden for the whole game.

Quote:

I really liked the camo and curing aspects of the game, It really gave it the whole "surviving in the jungle" theme that the game was shooting for. I hope they bring it back, but only if they can do it effectively, since the new game seems to have a more urban feel to it. I also think Kojima wil finda way to surprise us all as he has done up ntil now, and will think of something completely new and unheard of before.

I loved the camo, it was a great feature to the game. There is just one thing i am not quite sure about, if they Koj brings back the camo, how could we use it if the games enviroment is in that war zone??? It would be like wearing the snake camo in the middlke of an all out war. Although if we could dress up as the enemy then that would be different, all the same, i hope they bring the camo back. One way or another. :twisted:

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Can i ask something here? Do you think he was surprised or not? you said u think he was and then you said he didnt

I was assuming that what he said is true, and then trying to explain a possible reason as to why he might've reacted that way. I sincerely don't remember if he was surprised or not because it's been a long time since I watched the trailer. Sorry if I was confusing :?

Quote:

Im quite sure he will be back and he probebly will be cooler too, if he is playable then i hope it is not for too long otherwise we may end up as raiden for the whole game.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Raiden being in this game either. And I also agree that this game should focus on Snake, since he is the star of the series after all. Maybe he could play the role Snake played in MGS2, supporting you and helping you in different occasions, maybe play as him on a couple of times, just as long as we're not stuck with him all game long.

Quote:

I loved the camo, it was a great feature to the game. There is just one thing i am not quite sure about, if they Koj brings back the camo, how could we use it if the games enviroment is in that war zone??? It would be like wearing the snake camo in the middlke of an all out war. Although if we could dress up as the enemy then that would be different, all the same, i hope they bring the camo back. One way or another.

Now that I think back, there were one or two camo suits that were used for indoor cmouflaging. Maybe they could use different kinds of urban camo suits to help in sniping or sneaking in on th enemy. As you said, it would also be really nice if you could dress up as enemy guards or something like that.

Quote:
Its the only reason I'll get one. haha

Yes, this game is probably gonna be the primary reason for me to buy a PS3. I haven't seen anything else that caught my attention other than MGS4. Konami better not dissapoint me!!
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have heard about the new metal gear. I love the series, the original one was the title that caused me to really like those types of games. Since then, I have been enjoying titles like syphon filter and head hunter.

I heard that is adventure is due to take place quite some time after some of the previous titles. IS that true? I think I may have seen snake in retirement looking scenes. That would be interesting to play snake as he's trying to collect social security :P.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I heard that is adventure is due to take place quite some time after some of the previous titles. IS that true? I think I may have seen snake in retirement looking scenes. That would be interesting to play snake as he's trying to collect social security .

Actually, not that much time is supposed t have passed. Snake is aging faster than normal, as evidenced by Liquid's comment in MGS2. Another piece of proof of this is that Otacon doesn't seem to haved aged that much in the trailer.

By the way, I'm not really a big fan of these kind of games, only th MGS series. If you haven't seen tit, there's a trailer rolling around the Web, but I don't really remember where I saw it, though. It shouldn't be that hard to find.
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New trailer at IGN! Look!!

Man, I have a feeling this will be the best MGS. Kojima said, in so many words that this game is his lovechild, and the reason he started to develop games was to make this game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: