Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

MGS4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's "joke trailer no.2" by Kojima. Must admit, the guy got a really great sence of humour :D
As for Raiden, Kojima only said that he would be "more cool" than in MGS2. Maybe he painted his hair and put a ninja armour, being him the new ninja? (plain assumption here, no base to justify)

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most people hate Raiden, and I don't know why. Probably just because he's not Snake. I'll admit, Snake makes MGS, but we're going to have to give Raiden a chance. Who knows, maybe they will totally turn Raiden around, and make him better than Snake.

All I'm saying is this, have heart, my dear, and let the people of Konami work their magic.

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raiden is not the worst person in the metal gear solid world,but i dont hate him because he is not Snake i hate him because he is such a rubish character to me and i think he deserves to be scraped in my opnion anyways. My sincerest apologies to anyone here who likes Raiden *looks around,why is everyone looking at me!

To stay on topic im just going to say that it has been said that raiden WILL appear in Metal Gear Solid 4 but not as the main character. I will now list a few nore confirmed things about MGS 4 (thanks to PSM 2 magazine for this information)

1.Snake WILL NOT die!!! (yay!)

2.THis is not the last Metal Gear Solid game. (yay!)

3.The game will launch in 2006 (yay!)

4.This is the last Metal Gear Solid that Kojima will direct (boo!)

5.The game takes place several years after the big shell incident,MGS2, (finally s sequel!)

6.Metal Gears are now common place on the battle field. (expect some fights)

7.Customization options with over 100 weapon combinations are promised (sweet!)

8.Otacon returns,supporting via a tiny robot. (cool)

9.The First Person Shooter part of the trailer is a BIG JOKE! (whew i was worried!)

10.As predicted,destructibke envrioments will feature heavily.Hence "No place to hide." (we better get good at senseing bombs :P)

11.Snakes actions will affect the enemy psychologically. (intresting... *strokes chin)

OK thats what has been confirmed and wrriten in PSM2 magazine issue 68.

Last edited by runemaster on Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems they really want to take to the next level with this game. There are a lot of things that you mentioned that if done well could revolutionize the way games are made. From what you posted, runemaster, it seems they really want to expand the gameplay with the next installment and not just the story, which by the way seems very interesting as far as the little information we got goes.

About Raiden, I didn't hate him too much, he just seemed a bit whiny but I guess it's part of his inexperience, since that was his first real mission after all. I'm hoping he's gonna change for the next game since he's probably gonna have a lot more experience by then.

Quote:
This is the last Metal Gear Solid that Kojima will direct (boo!)

boo, indeed. But I guess we really won't know how good or bad this is until the next Metal Gear game.

And the weapon customization having 100+ different combination? This means 100 ways to kill off enemies, which means 100 times the fun!!!

So far this game seems t be heading to the top of my games that are coming soon list. I just hope they don't forget about the story because they put so much emphasis on the gameplay aspects of the game.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Raiden personally. It's Rose who I hate.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can we shut the conversation about Raiden? Kojima already stated that he will be more cool in MGS4, so don't need to worry about that.

Also, weapon customisation... to mod a weapon that adaptates to you perfectly... Gimme a M4 with grenade launcher and everything is going to hell :D . OK, it should be good to mod your own weapons. I just hope we can use enemies' this time (but I think we'll get another message saying that they are "personalised" and won't shot if we try...)

The only new thing in that interview is that Snake "will not die!" (I think someone is seeing too many Matt Hardy moments out there). The rest was common knowledge since TGS. And I believe that enemy psichology will be the most influential thing in the game. Help your enemies and they'll help you. Turn on your friends and they'll shoot you. The ablility to balance this out will be a key factor in the game IMO.

Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

runemaster wrote:
1.Snake WILL NOT die!!! (yay!)

Boo. I like Snake a lot, but wouldn't that be an interesting plot twist?

Quote:
4.This is the last Metal Gear Solid that Kojima will direct (boo!)

Don't forget how he's been saying that since before MGS2 came out. He's always changed his mind and directed anyways.

Also, don't forget how Kojima always throws curveballs when he releases trailers. In MGS2 it showed Snake, and it turned out that you played as Raiden for a large portion of the game. In MGS3 it showed Snake, turned out that it was actually Big Boss.

All in all I have huuuge hopes for this game. The only problem is it's for PS3 and I don't want to buy a next-gen system.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

All in all I have huuuge hopes for this game. The only problem is it's for PS3 and I don't want to buy a next-gen system.

Well, although buying a next-gen console might be a bit pricey at first, I guess they probably couldn't have done half the things they're planning to do on a PS2. Remember that the better the console is, the more freedom they have to do new stuff. At least that's the way I see it.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats the way i see it too Kikito, . Dooz, i admit that if snake did die then that would be a good plot twist but lots of people love him and dont want him to die. Its very possible that Hideo might change everything shown (like in all the other games) but i hope not since what i have seen is really good. (fingers crossed)

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@ Dooz: About Kojima not directing the next MGS... It may be right this time, because he said that he wanted to go for another project he has in his mind for some time. Also, not being the director doesn't mean you won't be in the credits of the game. Kojima said that he would produce instead of directing the game. Directing the game would be Kirby's creator... In MGS5: Absortion, Snake can absorb his enemies and stay with their weapons :lol:

Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually thought Raiden was sort of stupid to begin with, then I found out about his past and he became instantly cooler.

Even if Kojima doesn't direct the next game I'm sure he'll still have a huge part in making it. He just wants to spend less time on it. He most likely wouldn't allow his series to go down the toilet just because he isn't the director.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"I love Raiden personally. It's Rose who I hate."

Never before have I agreed more with a statement.

But yeah, I am actually very excited for this. I think it be very good. There are a ton of returning characters and looks like this will finally tie up a lot of things that were left in MGS2 and MGS1 (Meril and Naomi).
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I will repeat what Fundertaker has already said once, "Can we shut the conversation about Raiden?"

To go back on topic, the one thing I am waiting for is the weapon custimization and playing in an entire destroyed world. I mean those pesky guy who like to hide behind corners and barrels will soon learn the pain I will bring them. And the whole weapon custimization is just friggin great. I mean, the more fun in destroying your enemies. :twisted:

*Takes out a custamized M4 with exploding rounds and high power scope.*
"That will teach you to kill someone improtant"

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Okay, I will repeat what Fundertaker has already said once, "Can we shut the conversation about Raiden?"

If this forum had karma, you'ld get 1 more. Since it doesn't, I'll quote you :D

Anyway, I think that they'll balance the weapons so that we can't make a M4-that-fires-tiny-bombs-instead-of-bullets-with-a-giant-zoom-scope. I believe that the tweakins will be minor (put a laser sight, scope, add grenade launcher, silencer, take out the coronade...) and not totally modify a weapon. Although, a Flamethrower-Katana would be cool... :twisted:

Also, the AI is what I'm looking foward. For this "enemy psichology" thing, the AI must be really great.

Finally, having many Metal Gears... it would dimished their impact in the game. I hope we just have to face a Super Metal Gear, or have to destroy something like Arsenal Gear from the inside... Or that or destroy those long leged bypedal mechs that appear in the trailer till the last one.

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Anyway, I think that they'll balance the weapons so that we can't make a M4-that-fires-tiny-bombs-instead-of-bullets-with-a-giant-zoom-scope. I believe that the tweakins will be minor (put a laser sight, scope, add grenade launcher, silencer, take out the coronade...) and not totally modify a weapon. Although, a Flamethrower-Katana would be cool...

Flamethrower-Katana, how cool would that be?

I totally agree with you on the whole limits to weapon customization. Stealth is the basis of the game after all. That said, I'm still looking forward to see how much relevance weapons add to the gameplay. I mean, it's supposed to be a full-on war in this game, right?

Quote:

Also, the AI is what I'm looking foward. For this "enemy psichology" thing, the AI must be really great.

With that whole enemy psychology I have a feeling that this could be the most difficult game of the series. And I mean it in a good way, not in a impossible to beat way.

Oh and one last thing. I know you guys said no more Raiden talk, but I have to ask this:Do you think Raiden has joined Philantropy(the group Otacon and Snake formed) in the time between MGS2 and MGS4?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: