Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

MGS4!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No i dont think he will. Kojima will produce the game but not direct it thats all so he is still in. I believe that he is ill due to his smoking so that could be why he injects himself with serum.

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found an interview in that he says that runemaster, I guess I needed to search more.
But he is more focused in another project that he claims that'll be great. Really great. That's why he will get away from directing MGS series (although it will not die until people want more MGS games, by his words).

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that could be why he is in such bad health. dosent he read the surgeons warnings on those things. they are going to be the death of him. i am not sure on this but isnt the snake with the bad eye also "Big Boss" (as seen in the mgs 3 snake eater) so why is he still being called snake. unless i am wrong and it is a sequal to mgs 2 sons of liberty, not mges 3 snake eater. also were can you see the trailer to it, because all i can find is the parady trailer and i already saw it like six times. thanks in advance for the info.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MGS4 is a sequel for MGS2 and the "Snake" in this game is already confirmed to be Solid Snake. Also, if you remember correctly, in MGS4 trailer, Snake has the eyepatch in his left eye, while Big Boss had it on the right eye.

As far as the illness goes, there are some speculations:

1- Fox Die: Naomi maybe didn't alter it enough and it is having retarded effects on Snake;

2- Advanced Ageing: when Ocelot/Liquid yell to Snake "Not so young anymore, heh Snake?", when he is in a 60 year old body is because he knew that due to the cloning prossess, the body would age sooner than expected, and this could very well be the cause of the illness;

3- Smoking- You already said what there is to say.

You can find the trailer at some sites like gamespot or ign. Also, you can see the "parody version 2.0" there.

Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

alright thanks for the info. i didnt relize the eye patch thing was different. but thanks agin for the info.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's that little weird robot looking thing that Snake is around in the screenshots? :?
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New way of communication between Snake and Otacon, maybe? Or that eyepatch that Snake wears has something to do with it? ATM, I dunno, but it will have something to do with gameplay, almost surely.

totenkreuz

uzumaki

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If any of you guys have played Snatcher, the main character in that game has a robot assistant that is referred to as "Metal Gear," obviously a nod to the game, as Snatcher is also one of Kojima's. Metal Gear from Snatcher looks exactly like the little robot that Otacon addresses Snake through.

Here's a link to a picture of the robot from MGS4 trailer:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/img_3074902.html

Here're pictures of Metal Gear from Snatcher (add the h, no hotlinking allowed to the site):
ttp://junkerhq.net/Sketches/BluePrints/Metal4.jpg
ttp://junkerhq.net/Sketches/BluePrints/Metal5.jpg

Just something neat you guys might enjoy.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That eyepatch thing people, is a way to talk with otacon AND a map which shows tactical birds eye view of the area via a link in otacons computer. Hope that answers your questions!

Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

runemaster wrote:
That eyepatch thing people, is a way to talk with otacon AND a map which shows tactical birds eye view of the area via a link in otacons computer. Hope that answers your questions!

Wow, that's pro and clever now if he gets caught people might not even know he has outside communication!
Where did you find this out?
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh i found it out at 1up in a review and explaination of the trailer shown at the TGS show. I also could interpret that from the pictures and i found out later that i was right. :D

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think tha the eyepatch thing isn't even due to the loss of one eye. After all, he can see through it quite well. It's probably some kind of implant or device he or Otacon decided to put on him to make facilitate his missions.

Another thing I noticed in the trailer is that after Snake takes the weapon from the soldier, he started to modify it. This could be a hint to a new element of gameplay in which you can actually change weapons and outfit them with different parts as the player seems fit. I think this could add a lot of variety to the weapon gameplay element of the game. Oh and did anyone else notice that they reincorporated the knife from Snake Eater? And he was using it at the same time as the assault rifle. They seem to be trying to expand the gameplay as much as possible in this game. I really hope the camouflage system comes back in at least some degree.

Oh and I think I heard somewhere that Snake could be infected with the Foxdie virus, though I'm not really sure.

What can I say? This trailer looks awesome, and I think that the developers will do a good job with the game. I really can't wait for the PS3 to come out and finally play this game, it's definitely on the top games I'm waiting for.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Weapon customization was confirmed by Kojima himself some time ago. It must have around some hundreds of modifications to the weapons.
And, yep, Snake is infected with Fox Die since MGS (the first), but since Naomi altered it, nobody (IMO not even Naomi) knows what it can do to Snake.But Liquid already noticed Snake's fast ageing in MGS2 ("Not so young anymore, heh Snake?"), so I think that can be something to look about the effects.

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it seems that the game might not be that long after the Big Shell incident. I'm guessing about ten years, which might seem like a lot, but remember that Snake seems a lot older than as if only ten years had passed.

I wonder if they'll have Raiden play a decent role in this game(maybe not as whiny as in MGS2). Maybe in this game you can actually choose one or the other and not be stuck with one the whole game.

If they do something like this, I really hope that they change Raiden's gameplay a bit just to make him play at least a little different than Snake, maybe give him completely different weapons or something.

There's also another thing I've been meaning to ask: Is this gonna be the last game in the series, or has nothing been said concerning that?
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing that's been said is leading to more games in the series. But I would not base any choices on the little bit that was said.

After a special trailer I believe, there's a scene of Raiden trying to kill Snake in different time periods, so he can star in his own game. And after failing, he talks to his girlfriend, and she says not to worry, there's always MGS 5.

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: