Suikoden Unique and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

who ARE Viki and Jeanne
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura Tomoe

Death Reborn Revolutionaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: who ARE Viki and Jeanne Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

have any of you guys wondered why Viki and Jeanne are in suikodens 1,2 and 3????? and the weird thing is that they look the same.... they dont look old at all!!! is it possible that they have true runes also??????????????
Sakura Tomoe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sars admin... i really wonder about this.... could you please tell me the answer.. you seem to be the genius of all suikoden fans that i know.....

Edit - please don't double post. If you have something to add, please click the edit button and add it within your post. The only reason you should create another message is to reply to someone else or add new relevant information.

Furthermore, questions only directed to one person should be PM'ed (private message'd) to that person. That way, you'll know they'll see it. :)
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who are, dear, who are; not who is. Subject-verb agreement. Harmony. :D

Many have wondered who Viki and Jeanne are, and though the theories are many (I believe the current dominating one is that they are both hugo's father - yes, both - or perhaps it has been eclipsed by the idea that they are assasins who will follow each other in an attempt to kill one another to the end of the world - which, ironically, their fight might end up causing.) no one knows for sure. I'm pretty sure Konami has said Jeanne doesn't have a true rune. Not sure if they've ruled anything for Viksie.

And I think Jeanne/Viki are in all the Suikodens for one reason only: they rock. :mrgreen:

Er...more seriously....Gamewise, they're there so there's some returning characters for us ol' geezer's to say "Hey, dude, Viki/Jeanne!" and in the storylinewise, because they're valuable recruits you'd be crazy to pass up.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sakura Tomoe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i guess you could put it that way but i just cant tstop thinking how odd that is dont you think so Sophita???
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You talk silly :P

Anyway, I'd assume Viki and Jeane have been in every suikoden because:

1. People like them
2. Konami is lazy
3. Jeane= basically the entirety of Suikoden's (female) fanservice up until IV (of which there are more scantily-clad babes.
4. Because of 3, if Jeane was taken out, fans would revolt
5. Both characters have uses. Yes, I know Jeane isn't the only rune sage in the world, but she's become a suikoden staple, but Viki has a pretty unique skill.
6. To provide at least some link to the past suikodens. This applies especially in IV, since it's 150 years in the past, so not many people could really return. I assume there will be more returning characters when we get back to the present (hopefully) in suikoden V (provided that they make one)
7. Viki is Pesmerga
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think viki has the rune of continuity or somthing like it, its ironic, because we meet her mature-young self, yet older viki hasthe workings of a 6 year old.
also by going here and there, its only natural she is the person who is suppose to keep track of things (like, how you wound't have Captin Janway in the orginal star trek)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems to me like they are keeping those two around primarily because they do not feel like going through the troubles of creating new rune sage/teleporter characters for the army.

And, no one would complain about seeing too much of them anyway. One is the eternally lovable ditz, and the other is our fanservicey figure. Nope, I'm not complaining, for one.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The answer is simple and can be described in three words.

MALE fan base!!!!

Nuff said. :mrgreen:

That stuff Marshmallow just said can also apply although I think they both have a chance of being Hugo's father like Sophita says. :P
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami has said that there are multiple Jeanes, so unless there is some freaky in-breeding going on in her family I dunno how they all look the same, have the same profession, and all share the same star. Konami feels it doesn't need to make good back stories sometimes, when you can just keep taking their clothes off more and more in each installment.

That being said, I have no qualms about her returning in a part V. ;)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Multiple Jeanes? I know that sounds like a dream come true but where exactly did you hear this? I'm just curious to know if this is a fact or sadly just fanfics.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami said that they're all related, not the same Jeane. *shrug* I don't have a link or anything, but maybe SARS can confirm it.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfair... I already put a Viki Discussion topic here... But anyway, My answer to who Viki is is in that forum. Jeane for me is just another mysterious enigma with also a hidden agenda. She's totally creepy with her seductress personality....

Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fumi Ishikawa was the one giving some big hint about multiple Jeanes. She said in an interview that Jeane's family all have the same face or something along those lines. In that same interview she confirmed that Jeane doesn't have a True Rune.

I would prefer a single Jeane with some interesting and dark story to tell, but oh well. This is Suikoden.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, when asked if Raura is really Jeane's childhood friend, a developer (name not given) says, "Yes, THAT Jeane is Raura's childhood friend." The "that" is quite awkward gramatically, unless the developer was saying that there are more than one "Jeanes" out there.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More clones from Harmonia? (Just adding in my completely ignorant 2 pence worth...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: